SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Photos:Post em' here!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Photos:Post em' here!

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Thanks to everyone who attended this years SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA event. Michael Scheffe and Ron Martinez, what can I say. Both gentlemen really deliver the goods. Michael's power point presentation on the creation of KITT and the rest of his career was a real treat. Ron's wonderful stories about the day to day production of KNIGHT RIDER is a real lesson in history. Every year we learn more little gems about what went on behind the scenes.

This year we had Ed Crick, "Eddie" from KITT vs KARR. Except for the beard, he pretty much looks the same. I helped that illision along by providing him with the appropriate attire. Ed was totally blown away by the fans appreciation of his role in the episode.

Nick Nugent, thanks for your hard work on the new logo. Great job!

And last but not least, the lovely Southern Belle of KNIGHT RIDER, Rebecca Holden. April Curtis, KITT's mechanic from the 2nd season. She totally went out of her way to take extra time with everyone and made us all feel special. No "movie star" attitude from this fantastic lady.

Finally, I want to say a big thank you to all the wonderful folks that attended this year. We had a lot of our "regulars" that returned from previous years, but we had some new faces that came for the first time. Also, for the first time, we had some younger fans come with their parents. It's good to see KNIGHT RIDER being appreciated by the next generation. I never saw anyone misbehave. These "youngsters" were very well mannered. A tribute to their parents.

I really missed my right hand man Roger, who was unable to attend Saturday. He was able to pick up Rebecca at the airport Friday night while the celebrity guests and several of us went to dinner. My son Charlie pitched in Saturday morning. I think I got about 4 1/2 hours sleep both days. I'm whipped!

Please post your photos and comments of your experience at the event. I hope EVERYONE had a great time. Maybe next year I'll have time to enjoy it.

thank you,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

2knight
Rookie

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Photos:Post em' here!

Post by 2knight » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am

Sorry I missed it this year. I'm the guy who came last year with the Knight 3000 replica. I've just had way too much going on this summer to travel. I look forward to seeing the pictures. I hope I'll be able to make it next year.

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Wow! What a weekend. Got in late last night and was completely worn out. I’ve slept most of today. Hauling a car for 8 hours will do that to you. First, I’d like to give a huge thanks to Mark Puette who once again put on the greatest Knight Rider event you could ask for! I’ve gone to every Southern Knights since it began way back and it just gets better every year! I had a great time meeting with some familiar faces as well as many new faces. The guest stars were absolutely awesome and very entertaining. They were so down to earth and willing to put in one on one time with each and every person. They were mingling and hanging out with us the whole weekend. It really is a pleasure to talk with the stars one on one and I don’t know of any events that really give you that kind of personal experience. The stories they told both on and off the stage really gave us an in depth look behind the scenes of the show and I could go on and on, but I know people want to see pictures so here it goes…32 pics:

Here is Scott Edmondson’s (renrat) awesome collection. I always enjoy looking at his cool stuff:

Autograph Session with Rebecca Holden, Ron Martinez, Michael Sheffe and Ed Crick:

Rebecca Holden signing my hatch panel:

Ed Crick (“Eddie”) from “KITT VS. KARR” about to begin his talk and Mark says something is missing:

Then…out comes the hat:

Michael Sheffe about to begin his talk, and like many, this is the only picture I took since we were asked not to take photos of his presentation, so for those who were not there, you missed some cool stuff that you will not see anywhere else:

Ed Crick in my KITT:

Myself and Rebecca Holden:

Rebecca Holden in my KITT:

On to the cars. These next few pictures are of Matt’s car that Billy Gunter built and delivered to the show. It has by far the best looking and cleanest “Darth Vader’s Bathroom” I have ever seen in person. The man is truly talented and I couldn’t stop looking at the dash. Thank you Matt for letting me get in it and check it out! That is one killer replica!
Just look at this dash:

More pics of Matt’s car:

The man who built and delivered the car standing next to a work of art:

Kevin Willet’s cool air cleaner:

A Knight Inspired 4th gen Trans Am that was really cool:

An exceptionally well done KI3000: This is the first one of these I’ve ever seen in person. Very cool:

The KITT convertible: You just don’t see very many of these at all and I’m glad Scott Derr was able to bring his down for us all to enjoy this year!

Cars, people, and more cars: It really was a great turn-out this year:

What a blast and of course it just flew by just like it does every year. I could have done this for two more days easily! Thanks for a great experience from everyone and I was so glad to see the regulars again and meet the newcomers. If anyone would like a super high-res copy of any of the photos I’ve posted, please send me a PM with your email address and the file name of the picture and I’ll gladly send them to you.

Bryan
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Here is a Facebook post from Rebecca Holden concerning the event...

Had such fun at Southern Nights in Atlanta...what an amazing line-up of cars. (I felt right at home working on KITT again!)
Thank you, Mark Puette, for a terrific event and all the Southern hospitality!
Love y'all!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-02-11

Ipotis
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Ipotis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:31 am

i really wish i can find me a nice firebird to fix up as kitt.... they are become harder and harder to find (unless i pick one out of the scrap yard and start from scratch...)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 am

Looks like another great event you put on there Mark, congrats on it's success! :good:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Ipotis,
Where are you located?

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Ipotis wrote:i really wish i can find me a nice firebird to fix up as kitt.... they are become harder and harder to find (unless i pick one out of the scrap yard and start from scratch...)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm

kitt1 wrote:Here is a Facebook post from Rebecca Holden concerning the event...

Had such fun at Southern Nights in Atlanta...what an amazing line-up of cars. (I felt right at home working on KITT again!)
Thank you, Mark Puette, for a terrific event and all the Southern hospitality!
Love y'all!
Great message from Rebecca! Responses like this must make all the hard work totally worth it.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Darktalon
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Darktalon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:43 pm

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 614&type=3

That's the link to my pics....was awesome meeting & hanging out with you guys. Thanks for making us feel at home!

Mike.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 am

Mike,
Thanks for posting the link to your pics.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

By tcb4ep at 2012-02-11