Nose Question...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

slowride02
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Nose Question...

Post by slowride02 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 am

I decided to modify my Knight Passions nose so it doesnt cut in the sides near the bottom, to match my '82 ground effects and it looks great. just curious if this is a common modification and your opinion to use/not use the flares? I just got it out of paint and in the process of putting it back together...pics to follow soon...

corlando52
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Nose Question...

Post by corlando52 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

The great thing about this hobby is you can do whatever you like. The car is a mod, and if you're not going for a screen accurate Hero car, the sky is the limit. If you like the ground effects on, and are handy enough to make a KR nose blend into it, that's a wonderful thing. The idea is for YOU to be happy with your car. Have fun! That's what it's all about!

Chris

slowride02
Volunteer

Post by slowride02 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I was hopeing for some real opinions instead of the obvious reply of "its whatever YOU like" ...I cant get help for *?$# on this site but thanks for the reply anyway.

slowride02
Volunteer

Post by slowride02 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Oh harsh sorry. I understand the whole accurate/non accurate sinario, and mine is not going to be completely screen accurate...but I dont know what seasons KR had them and didnt, and what noses accomodate for the flares.I think the overall body lines look better with them on so thats what I decided.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok. Here's the scoop. KITT NEVER had ground effects, except on the rear wheels, right in front of the wheel wells. They didn't think ground effects would survive the stunts, so they kept them off. I don't know of anyone who makes noses that accommodate flares and ground effects, except the guy I got my nose from (Wraith) and is no longer making anything.
I can go on about the differences in noses for each Season, but I don't think you care about that.
Anyway, post pictures. I'm sure we'd love to see them.

Chris

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am

Your on the wrong site too asking about replica's. While a few members here have replicas,
this is more of a site regarding the shows and background info on the shows.

You'll get more information from a KITT replica site.

Try http://knightfoundation.net/F0rum2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian - Knightdriver.com