My 3d KITT done in Maya!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: My 3d KITT done in Maya!

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Love the wireframe picture, it remindes me from the Soul Survivor episode when Randy tried to hack into KITT's CPU :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:57 pm

The detail on this is nothing short of amazing, excellent work!

SeriousMoh
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by SeriousMoh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 am

is it just me, or do the dashboard and steering wheel look a little too shiny/glossy?

SeriousMoh
Recruit

Post by SeriousMoh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey, it's been 4 months now. How's KITT doing? And how are YOU doing? ;)

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:21 pm

hey!!! this is awesome!!!! in fact im making my own 3D kitt in maya 2010. its not as detailed...right now...but im working on it hehe. this is my first time in maya, so i dont know exactly everything the program can do. but im learning!!!
real quick question...did you make this using polygons or did you make this using nurbs?
im using polygons on mine. i can't stand nurbs...im just curious.
great job!
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:34 pm

hey How Can I Buy This Model ??
Because I Want To Convert it To Grand Theft Auto IV - SA -VC - III . . . :kitt:
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Michael.Knight1
Operative

Post by Michael.Knight1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am

Wildbayres wrote:continuing with the textures. I am missing some items in the interior. wipers, texture the undercarriage, wheel wells, and some modeling of the trunk. also I have to model the pedals.

enjoy!
Man , I Look Much of KITT 3D Model , But That is Very Amazing :D
Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Amazing work! Very nice job. I have a KITT that I am making and would like to offer some help on your interior if I may.
The seats only have that plastic trim that covers the hinge on the outside of the cushions, not on both sides. The seat cushions are directly against the center console. See my picture below:

Also, here is a picture of my pedals that you said you needed to model.
Here's a better picture of the brake pedal pad:
Sorry for the blurry picture, but I'm sure you can use it as reference. I'm sure since you are obviously making a Season 1/2 KITT, you don't need that horrible "light up" gas pedal they used later on in the series. Let me know if you need better pictures of them or anything else. My dash and consoles aren't back from England, yet, so I can't help you with those.
I didn't notice if you have the door panels done, so here's a picture of mine:

And a close up of the medallion on the door:
The outline is really gold, even though in the picture it looks silver.
Again, GREAT JOB!!!!

Chris

Cheetah1024
Stranger

Post by Cheetah1024 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi Wildbayres!
AWESOME WORK DUDE!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D :D :D
I'd love to put this awesome car into the game "Alarm for Cobra 11"!! :idea:
i searched the whole internet for a good model of this car, but didn't find anything... :cry: :cry: :cry:
can u send it me?? PLEEEASE!!!
when u save the car, what ending has the file? :| :| :| :|
(Sorry to bother u... :wink: )

Cheetah :kitt2:

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:56 am

Hello there friends.... well..... its been forever since my last update. These models take forever to do and to tell you the truth, I got tired of texturing it. The interior has so many buttons and the undercarriage is somewhat boring to texture that well, i got burned of it.
I have found once again the energy to try and finish it. There are things missing still. The pedals, wipers, trunk mechanism, door mechanism (lock) and the basic rigging of the car (rigging = controls to operate suspension, doors, headlights and any moving parts) are not there yet. Also i must finish some of the texturing like the rims... they are coming out chrome instead of silver). I am finishing a small test animation which i will post now. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Check out my 3D KITT (1982 Trans Am):
viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=14309&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 am

Now... I will answer some questions.
Also I want to thank you Corlando 52 for taking the time with the pictures. the one for the brake pedal is actually very helpful. I still have to model it. I didn't know about the hinge. I am only using pics since I do not have a trans am anywhere near me. lol

SECOND, and this one is big... I AM NOT GIVING OUT THE 3d MODEL FOR FREE. Sorry. It just took toooo many hours to make, and if I give it out... well.... people might star copying it around. I will think about selling it like the other guy that made a very good model and sells it for over 100 bucks. I am not ready to let my baby go yet.
viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=14309&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 am

2K&3KKITT wrote:hey!!! this is awesome!!!! in fact im making my own 3D kitt in maya 2010. its not as detailed...right now...but im working on it hehe. this is my first time in maya, so i dont know exactly everything the program can do. but im learning!!!
real quick question...did you make this using polygons or did you make this using nurbs?
im using polygons on mine. i can't stand nurbs...im just curious.
great job!

Well... sorry for the delay in the answer. I am doing it in Maya 8. Yep.... its an old one.
I am making the model in polygons, I hate modeling in nurbs, even though nurbs are great for cables and rubber strips around the glass. I also use a pluging called CPS (connect poly shape) which lets you mirror the model (so you model only one side) and it gives you a smooth preview at the same time. when its done, you break the connection with cps, and star working on the details on each side like the gas cap and the bump in the hood.

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:13 am

I just uploaded a video of the render.....

I wish i could just embed it here

here is the link

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 am

Wow, I've got to say that that is truly awesome. It's one of the truest renderings of KITT I've ever seen. :good:

Matt

P.S. We recently added the ability to embed YouTube videos, so I've edited it in for you.
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Cheetah1024
Stranger

Post by Cheetah1024 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Wildbarys!
SECOND, and this one is big... I AM NOT GIVING OUT THE 3d MODEL FOR FREE. Sorry. It just took toooo many hours to make, and if I give it out... well.... people might star copying it around. I will think about selling it like the other guy that made a very good model and sells it for over 100 bucks. I am not ready to let my baby go yet.
I can understand, that u don't want, not to get money for your hard work... but I can't buy it, 'cause I'm just fifteen years old :oops: ... Can u tell me, where I find another good model of KITT for free?
Or can u give it to me for free? :D If I had a model I could lock it, when I convert the model to the game, so noone can extract it or use it for another game, because I'd upload it to these AC11 mod dev pages:
http://www.cobra11games.com/news.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://games.reveur.de/de/news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.eleven-games.net/index.php?site=#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I could also just use the model for me only, if u want to...
But maybe can we continue our conversation per E-mail. My address is jonny.d1024@yahoo.de

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Great job.It just needs a privacy protector under the glass hatch.Early seasons had it in black.Later seasons had it in tan.I had to go through the entire series to find out which colors it was since the windows were slightly tinted in the trunk and t-tops.

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Yep, Knight racer.. u are right regarding that cover. I thought about it, but some did not have it. Also, i spent time doing the interior of the trunk... a shame not to show it.... lol. I will add it soon.

Well Cheetah.... this page sales some of kitts models

http://kitt.turbosquid.com/3d-Models/3d ... si/c4d/obj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry... but if that guy is selling his model for $150.00.... well you understand no?

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks Matthew for the embedding!!! =)

Wildbayres
Operative

Post by Wildbayres » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 pm

a frontal render... Just to tease.

I am currently working on the animation for the scanner.
Attachments
kitt-99.jpg
kitt-99.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 28177 times

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:12 am

Even though most of the replicas have more than 3 leds on at a time it should be 3 leds brightest,medium,and lowest and its got to be at the right speed.I've gotten it to the perfect speed on the knight rider live wallpaper on my android cell phone.

Could you make the scanner animation clip with the frog lights down? it looks more like kitt that way.The level of detail is amazing though.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Very very nice job on these 3D model of KITT!!!!! Now if only Hot Wheels had used these 3D images to do their 1/18 model...

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 pm

You are welcome for the pictures. If there is anything else you need, just let me know.
By the dash and lower console in your KITT, I assume you are modeling a Season 1 KITT. If that is true, then there should be 3 fog lights on each side, with 2 horizontal vents in front of them. Here is a screen capture from Season 1:

If it is a Season 2 KITT, we have to talk about the differences in the dash and consoles.

Absolutely fantastic work so far!! Brilliant!

Chris

bbbmarko01
Stranger

Post by bbbmarko01 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 am

hello everybody i'm new to this forum, man i absolutely love your model, you've got whole bunch of talent. I was wondering is that only for fun or you gonna use it anywher? maybe like gta iv?