Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 am

You are all fussy. :P

So, the nose isn't 100%. It's only a model.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 am

Skav wrote:You are all fussy. :P

that reminds me of a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!
[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]
King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!
Patsy: [derisively] It's only a model!
King Arthur: Shh!
:lol:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 am

skan...marcos' model is also a model and a hand made model but as you can see it is 100% accurate to the original!i think that someone in here has connects with mattel!i think he is the one to notify mattel about the defaults in the 1/18 model because we here are the biggest buyers of that.also don't forget.....the original kitt was build by the toy designer of mattel back in the days...Michael Scheffe!!.....!!! :wink:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:52 am

Dave Knight wrote:
Skav wrote:You are all fussy. :P

that reminds me of a quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sir Lancelot: Look, my liege!
[trumpets play a fanfare as the camera cuts briefly to the sight of a majestic castle]
King Arthur: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Galahad: [in awe] Camelot!
Sir Lancelot: [in awe] Camelot!
Patsy: [derisively] It's only a model!
King Arthur: Shh!
:lol:
I always carry around spare shrubbery just in case.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

mvgs2011
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by mvgs2011 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

Am I all fussy?

Ok. They can do a VW Beetle with front scanner and say that is the KITT.

Is good for you? :D

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:21 am

They can do or They can make??? I`m good at in frontnose, not in English. :)

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat May 05, 2012 7:42 am

neps wrote:hey everyone!

we've gotten some direct contact with Hot Wheels Elite - and they've provided us with updated tooling images, a video of the scanner in action and a COMPLETE list of all features. Check it out. :)

Amazing work! Please share this link wherever you can: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2012/ ... update.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Working LED scanner
Pop up headlights
Opening doors
Opening engine hood- reveals the "Knight Industries turbo jet engine with modified afterburners"
Lift up, and removable T-tops
Ejector driver and passenger seats
Fold down rear seat
Opening rear hatch
Rotating license plate function to reveal alternate plate
Working steering
Underside chassis details include Rocket Boosters, Smoke screen, flame thrower, and grappling hookr, and grappling hook

Keep up with the questions and I can ask them anything you are curious about. I'm going to ask if the t-tops are going to be "glass" too - and also about the scanner animation - I hope they smooth out that pause. but again, minor nits on a tooling prototype!
Is the tailgate going to be a metal frame job or more realistic like on the Greenlight Trans Am tailgate?

Seeing reports that Ghostbuster 2 could be coming out, they could easily change the dash and nose to do a series 3/4 version which I prefer over the original. That way they can spread the costs over 2 or more variations, making the purchase price cheaper.

After purchasing the Ghostbusters and seeing all the effort into that model I am really impressed, compared to the much poorer effort on the A-Team van with a upper grey section that is too light, no working sliding door and front doors that open like a childs toy, which I am pleased to see has been changed on KITT and opens more realistically like the Ghostbusters models.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 am

Oh wow.. The upcoming Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT with all those features looks to be so much better than the one Aoshima did.. The scanner especially is well done... I already have the KITT and KARR from Aoshima, but I will definitely get this one as well from Hot Wheels...!!! Looking at the photos, it actually looks like they studied the Aoshima/ERTL 1/18 KITT model and added more features on it such as those pop up lights etc... The Hot Wheels KITT looks set to be the gem of the 1/18 KITT.... Imagine if they would be able to add in SPM in there on the model as well..haha.. Just give me a light up detailed dashboard and I'll be happy!

With Hot Wheels doing a much better 1/18 KITT with more features than Aoshima, makes me wonder why didn't Aoshima just do theirs like this when they released their model many years back? Looks like Hot Wheels are gonna win them over with their 1/18 version..

This is Aoshima's version.. I've removed the batteries for the scanner to prevent any battery leakage since I've had this for so long now...

Art Asylum releasing various Knight Rider toys as well with their 1/15 KITT being the main one and now Hot Wheels too.. What a year this will be for Knight Rider fans....!!!

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

Look this pictures above. Does it seems a 82 Firebird? Look this nose, this fender, rear window...ERTL / Aoshima is terrible. The Hotwheels nose and fender are wrong too. Nobody will not can say that I didn`t advise. :D

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 am

LOL... No scaled model is perfect.. The Aoshima/ERTL KITT is as good as it gets when it came to a 1/18 scale KITT. At the time, it was a one of a kind since there never was a KITT done at this scale. Now with Hot Wheels, no doubt it will outclass the ERTL KITT by more than a mile. Judging by their recent releases of the A-Team van and Ecto-1, I'm sure KITT will be just as good. And judging by the photos we have seen of the upcoming Hot Wheels KITT, maybe it'll even be the best of the lot and dare I say, the definitive KITT model one can have currently. For example, just take a look at the 1/18 Ecto-1 that Hot Wheels did (which I recently purchased). Its way better than the 1/21 scale that ERTL had done years ago.. Thats how good the Hot Wheels Elite line is.. The Hot Wheels KITT will no doubt outshine the ERTL KITT... I better start saving for it!

Off topic: Here is my Hot Wheels Elite 1/18 Ecto-1 which I recently acquired. Very nicely detailed.. A sign of things to come for the KITT model I'm sure.. >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/imranbecks ... 949052832/

JamesBondMustangGT
Recruit

Post by JamesBondMustangGT » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 am

Why are there 3 pedals in the car when K.I.T.T. was an automatic?
James Anderson
http://www.Facebook.com/JamesBondDB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.Twitter.com/JamesBondDB9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.LasVegasCarStars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:34 am

Ever since that model from Ertl was released back in 2004, many have noticed the flaw on the number of pedals. No doubt its supposed to be only 2 pedals.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:13 am

that was the first thing I did for mine, got my hobby knife, and SLICE, no more clutch pedal ;).

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks for the photos, the ERTL/Aoshima KITT was impressive model at the time. Didn't know much about modelcars before but this KITT model got me interested about them and have since learned a lot about them and gotten small collection of 1/18 cars and bigger collection of 1/43 road cars.

NEO Scale Models makes interesting American cars which were often seen in the background traffic & driven by the guest stars in Knight Rider episodes, for example Cadillac Seville Mk1 & Mk2, seen in Forget Me Not and Lost Knight. Can't wait to get the Hotwheels 1/43 KITT and display them together, perhaps I'll even build a diorama about the scene from the episodes :)

Aoshima plastic modelkit versions are very accurate, have the 4th season KITT with scanner electronics and SPM modelkit as well but unfortunately I'm not very good at building them.

Looking forward to the Hotwheels KITT in 1/18 and also 1/43, already got the 1/64 :)

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I would LOVE a Aoshima KITT model kit with the working scanner, heck I would love to have just the scanner to put in the nose of my 80s era AMT KITT since I would never show that the MODEL has a V8 motor instead of a turbine I could easily mount and hide the board that controls the LED under the car's hood.

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Well,

How I can see here, the people can`t understand what I want to say. If you think that aoshima was good model and if you don´t see that hotwheels model must be better, nice! Good for you. I say the things for your benefit, due to the fact that I have my custom revell Knight Rider 1/16, how you could see the pictures. I don´t need to buy the hotwheels model. But ok! While you buy bad model cars projects, the makers are more and more richer. Open your eyes! :good:
Last edited by Matthew on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Excessive use of the caps lock key

kittvskarr1984
Volunteer

Post by kittvskarr1984 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

mvgs2011 wrote:Well,

How I can see here, the people can`t understand what I want to say. If you think that aoshima was good model and if you don´t see that hotwheels model must be better, nice! Good for you. I say the things for your benefit, due to the fact that I have my custom revell Knight Rider 1/16, how you could see the pictures. I don´t need to buy the hotwheels model. But ok! While you buy bad model cars projects, the makers are more and more richer. Open your eyes! :good:
Hi there, i totally agree with you that the "hot wheels elite edition" is not accurate. The nose as you previously stated must be thinner than what it is which means the bonnet must be more curved. Also the design of the front nose is incorrect and the passenger side of the dashboard just to mention a few. I have pre ordered 2 kitt elite hot wheels models (the other is for karr) and i am going to get them modified to look EXACTLY as the T.V series. BTW your kitt is the most accurate knight rider model i have ever seen. You should start to mass produce it lol :D

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

I´m so happy that one person understand me. Thank you!

I would like produce it, but I don`t have much time and I don`t know to work with mold.

kittvskarr1984
Volunteer

Post by kittvskarr1984 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 pm

mvgs2011 wrote:I´m so happy that one person understand me. Thank you!

I would like produce it, but I don`t have much time and I don`t know to work with mold.
Here is another error from the hot wheels elite edition - the handles for the trunk lid

incorrect
incorrect.jpg
incorrect.jpg (59.97 KiB) Viewed 25375 times
correct
correct.jpg
correct.jpg (127.02 KiB) Viewed 25375 times

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm

kittvskarr1984 wrote:

Here is another error from the hot wheels elite edition - the handles for the trunk lid

incorrect
incorrect.jpg
correct
correct.jpg
I can see why they couldn't use the lift struts for the hatch. They would have to be paper thin and the 1.1 firebird hinges are flat. You would break it the first time you opened it. Moveable parts have to have bulkier hinges to hold the part open as well for show.

.....notice the Aroshima didn't get the door hinges correct either.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

kittvskarr1984 wrote:

incorrect
incorrect.jpg
correct
correct.jpg

You know this is just a TOY right? All details wont be 100% correct.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah exactly.. Its a scaled model and it will probably never be 100% perfect.. Its already good enough we'll be getting another 1/18 KITT after the one ERTL released 8 years ago which was also a good model with its own flaws.. This is an improvement over that and I'm getting it for sure.. Really happy with my Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1 and I'm sure KITT will be just as good, maybe better!

kittvskarr1984
Volunteer

Post by kittvskarr1984 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

imranbecks wrote:Yeah exactly.. Its a scaled model and it will probably never be 100% perfect.. Its already good enough we'll be getting another 1/18 KITT after the one ERTL released 8 years ago which was also a good model with its own flaws.. This is an improvement over that and I'm getting it for sure.. Really happy with my Hot Wheels Elite Ecto-1 and I'm sure KITT will be just as good, maybe better!
I will give you some advice. i know you will be content when you receive the model and so you should be, but i strongly recommend to you that you modify the model to look exactly like the show (im going ahead with it). what better feeling is there for a knight rider fan (apart from owning a lifesize replica) to the have a model of kitt that looks exactly like the show?

mvgs2011
Operative

Post by mvgs2011 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:02 am

knightdriver wrote:
kittvskarr1984 wrote:

incorrect
incorrect.jpg
correct
correct.jpg

You know this is just a TOY right? All details wont be 100% correct.
You´re right!!! You are a toy collector. I am a scale model car collector. Can You feel the difference? I believe, how I can see here, that if a maker do a VW Beetle w/ front scanner, You will buy it.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 pm

mvgs2011 to knightdriver wrote:You are a toy collector. I am a scale model car collector. Can You tell the difference? I believe, the way I see it, that if a hotwheels made a VW Beetle w/ front scanner, You would buy it.
Well...that's not awkward at all...
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke