The Hasselhoff Move!!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

NickStam
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael Knight a bad fighter

Post by NickStam » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:32 pm

I was watching 'knight of the drones' towards the begining when he's running from those two meatheads. Looking back the fighting scenees were never that great. But I won't hold it against the show. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:34 pm

Oh, this is a topic that has been brought up in past boards. He was a pretty bad fighter. He was a fighting cliche. There were times that he gave the guy he was fighting plenty of time to hit him back, and then there were his 'Rockette' kicks that were anything but true Martial Arts kicks.

Michael Knight was supposed to be a black belt. Hasselhoff seemed to be a black belt in the art of fight cliche.

knightimmortal

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:35 pm

I hated how Michael would always high kick the bad guys too. Every other episode had Michael give a silly looking high kick, or an ugly roundhouse kick to the bad guys face. That was just stupid beyond belief. I don't think any sane person fights like that in real life. Michael had the lamest fighting skills. The guy fought like he was smoking crack or something.

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Kirin ]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:17 pm

anyone notice that mike always seemed to twist the arm of his opponents and get them on the floor? for some reason, that knocked them spark out!....and he used that same finishing move basically in every fight scene. thats one bad thing about kr..is the fight scenes. always were cheesy!

Skav

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:54 pm

Maybe the metal plate on his head wasn't the only 'implant' he had...(6 million $ man anyone?) [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:43 pm

So? So what? So David can't pull off good Karate/Kung Fu moves. I bet a great number of actors can't. Since those are the moves that the man WHO MADE THE ROLE OF MICHAEL KNIGHT can pull, they are MK's moves. Period. About the only way around that would have been to place the camera a mile away and use martial arts doubles during most fight scenes. And, I think the realism of that trick is pulled off pretty well (as in terribly poor) in the final minutes of TKR's lifespan. (AKA: The dummy wearing MK's trademark clothes.)

Besides, I can't really see a Knight Rider starring Steven Seagal as working all that well. Can you?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:47 pm

Whoah, whoah, whoah, calm down, jup. We are just pointing out the obvious. It has been mentioned before that Hasselhoff didn't do them so well in Knight Rider. (Rather interestingly, he did it a whole lot better in Baywatch...probably because they brought in a fight coordinator) Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Especially if they have a firm belief that Hasselhoff had a black belt in can-can. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:57 pm

I always got a kick out of the way MK fought. Of course maybe if his legs weren't so long he mighta been a bit more graceful. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Cheri

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Whoah, whoah, whoah, calm down, jup.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am calm. Very calm. A little ill feeling tonight, is all.

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Post by Dana Knight » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:39 am

I think those long legs didn't help.

I know there is a site out there that as a page that says "Michael Knight the one Punch Man" They said that Michael Knight could knock a guy out with just one punch. What they said and I quote "Which was cool". I'm trying to think when Mr Knight did knock out a guy with just one punch. Well he did knock Garthe out with one punch at the end of "Goliath"

Ms Garthe Knight

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:13 am

That was nearly always the case though. a quick punch to the stomach then one to the face and they are down. lol

80's action show fight scene's arent exactly the best coreographed one's. but then again i dont think they were ever ment to be.

if we had some "Judo chop!"'s in there that would really finish it off, hee hee.

oh yeah, on the subject of this....NITPICK:

in knights of the fast lane, when mark gets out of the dagger dx right at the end and fights with michael, watch when he knee's him michael in the stomach.....no where near him ! it never connects, lol

scott

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:59 am

Maybe Michael didn't use any known methods when he was fighting so bad guys couldn't guess he's movements *LOL*

It was funny moment in "Knight of the Phoenix" when Michael was suppose to meet Tanya at the House of the Rising Sun.
Instead of Tanya there was just guys who wanted to beat the crap out of Michael becouse he won that car-race.
They all laughed when Michael told them he's into marsial arts but when the fight began there began to be bunch of those guys unconcious outside of that place, lol, that was funny fighting scene [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-KITTfan-

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:54 am

But watch how easy Michael makes that fight!...they come crashing out of the bar in a big heap lol...he went on to have many other bar fights and not all ended like the pilots did...Michael Knight Great at his job..but wouldn't go mad/crazy about his fighting moves. lol [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

K.I.T.T

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:24 pm

Ms Garthe Knight, i can answer ur question. in 'Knightmares' when Michael has one of the henchman in his grasp in the warehouse full of industrial art. When the henchman said the girl was dead, Mike knocked him out with one punch. Sparko!

Scott, the angle of which the fight scene was shot in KOTFL was such that we can't really tell whether the blows even nearly connected. most of the fight scene was shot from the chest up.

K.I.T.T, notice how in 'Merchants of Death' how he couldn't even handle about 3 guys in the bar fight there and got beaten to a pulp?? And came face to face with about 7 or 8 guys in KOTP.

That was quite funny. Maybe he got brain damaged that day and his brain couldn't send a signal to his legs and arms or something, lol.

Skav

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KITTfan:
<STRONG>It was funny moment in "Knight of the Phoenix" when Michael was suppose to meet Tanya at the House of the Rising Sun.
Instead of Tanya there was just guys who wanted to beat the crap out of Michael becouse he won that car-race.
They all laughed when Michael told them he's into marsial arts but when the fight began there began to be bunch of those guys unconcious outside of that place, lol, that was funny fighting scene [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-KITTfan-</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man that scene from the pilot episode was one of the biggest cop-outs I have ever seen. Imagine if all the fight scenes were like that?

Regardless, whenever we did see Michael fight, he looked like an idiot. If he tried those silly looking moves in real life he'd get his rear end handed to him quicker then you can say "turbo boost".

Dana Knight
Volunteer

Post by Dana Knight » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:02 pm

RE: Michael Knight the One Punch Man!

I was watching "A Good Knight's Work" and when K.I.T.T turbos in the apartment buliding and Cameron comes running Michael knocks Cameron out with one punch and he drops to the ground. Not bad if you ask me!

Ms Garthe Knight

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: Ms Garthe Knight ]

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:51 am

Ah yes, but therein lies the problem. In television, cars will always explode if you run into them, and one punch is all it takes to take down a bad guy.

...And notice how many swings a bad guy needs to take before even hitting our hero.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ms Garthe Knight:
<STRONG>I was watching "A Good Knight's Work" and when K.I.T.T turbos in the apartment buliding and Cameron comes running Michael knocks Cameron out with one punch and he drops to the ground. Not bad if you ask me!

Ms Garthe Knight

[ October 28, 2002: Message edited by: Ms Garthe Knight ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Kirkessner:
<STRONG>In television, cars will always explode if you run into them,

-Scott </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My favorite example of this one comes from the spoof movie Top Secret. The bad guys are chasing the good guys in a car chase. The bad guys lose control as they drive towards a Ford Pinto. The bad guys regain 99% of the control, just tapping the Ford's rear bumper with the lightest impact even possible. Seconds later, both vehicles go up in a blazing fireball. Classic example of TWO cliches.

lando33
Stranger

The Hasselhoff Move!!!!!

Post by lando33 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:45 pm

I've been a KR fan since I was little and like many people on the board, I am in all my glory now that the series is back on TV!

Ok the point - Did everyone ever pay attention to when Hasselhoff gets into a fist fight? Whether it's Baywatch or KR, he always uses the same move in every fight! Whenever someone throws a punch, The Hass always blocks it with his arms and then throws a counter punch with the opposite arm. Just a little something I thought I'd add.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:48 pm

That's actually a pretty standard fight maneuver in many shows where you see contact. I always called it the 'don't hit my pretty face!' then 'I'll show you.." maneuver.

KI

Kirin
Recruit

Re: The Hasselhoff Move!!!!!

Post by Kirin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:41 pm

lando33 wrote:Ok the point - Did everyone ever pay attention to when Hasselhoff gets into a fist fight? Whether it's Baywatch or KR, he always uses the same move in every fight! Whenever someone throws a punch, The Hass always blocks it with his arms and then throws a counter punch with the opposite arm. Just a little something I thought I'd add.
Don't forget the way he liked to high kick people. High kicking someone in the face is a trademark Hasselhoff manuever.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:47 pm

Now THAT I agree on. The 'Hasselhoff Rockette' is a classic DH fight maneuver.

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:46 pm

And what about the arm twist he used to end the fights???? It was probably in every fight scene in KR, he twisted the guy, flipped him over on his back and all of a sudden, the bad guy would be unconscious.

I'm like.........WHAT?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;