Old Matchbox KITT

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Old Matchbox KITT

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 am

I know it's an adventure for a lot of people to find the new Knight Rider Hot Wheels car. It reminds me when Matchbox came out with a KITT back around 1999. People had trouble finding it, but you could order one from - of all places - your Avon Lady.

This is the ad that appeared in the Avon catalog back then:
avon-matchbox.jpg
avon-matchbox.jpg (66.56 KiB) Viewed 5164 times
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Re: Old Matchbox KITT

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 am

I guess I got lucky,I picked up 5 MB KITTS back in 1999 for $5 each at a now OOB store called Value City and found one locally a few months ago at a collector shop for $15.

I have made some good trades with some HW collectors and I now have 25 HW 2012 KITT's 8)

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 pm

I remember going to the library back when i didn't have my own pc around 99 and when i was reading on teamknightrider.com owned by Michael Pajaro.I felt "Wow! its still making new merchandise? there's' still hope for kr to come back.Well back to watching TKR reruns."I got mine from ebay I believe until i moved and then suddenly i couldn't find it after the move.

I found a small company called speed wheels made 1982 black trans ams and bought one.I took it home and cut out circles out of video tape labels and blackened them with permanent markers.I made this to play with at work while making sales calls.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't remember seeing Matchbox KITT ever on the toyshelves here but in '99 I wasn't into diecast models yet so I may have missed it, found modelcar hobby later when ERTL 1/18 KITT was released in 2004.
Didn't have internet capable PC either in '99 at home, only had my old Amiga 500 & original Playstation back then but checked websites in internet cafe's, library and work. Soon I found Knight Rider websites and it's major reason why I finally wanted PC with internet connection at home :)

Haven't seen yet the Hotwheels KITT either on the shelves here, I hope I wont miss this one.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 am

On my way in, I saw that news bit about the SDCC having an exclusive KITT replica. Rather blown away to see that. And, it makes me ponder if there's other things in the works around it...like that hinted at KR theatre movie, perhaps. (???)

Like how last year had that Ghost Buster battle scene with Stay Puft that was a CC exclusive...and now there's a 3'rd movie sequel in the works...

Sadly, I won't have a chance at this replica. Comic Con is over bloated with attendees. And, their 'new' web only ticket purchasing system promptly left me with a blank screen...until every ticket had sold out. (I was by no means, the only one to be met with the White Screen of Denial.)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon May 07, 2012 9:20 am

I liked it better when I was ridiculed and beaten up for being a nerd, I didn't have so many to complete against for conventions like comic con and horror con's every year for tickets. Now its the cool in thing to do, lol wow have times changed.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;