A Few Questions

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

geordiesharp
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A Few Questions

Post by geordiesharp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Firstly I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm new to this whole forum stuff.
I have a few questions which through countless google searches I can not find the answers, hopefully you guys might know.

1) Is it true what I have been reading on this and other KNIGHT RIDER websites, that maybe soon replica vehicles will be made illegal, and if so what country does this refer to, I live in the UK if that helps :)

2) Does anyone know if the GULL WING STERRING WHEEL is street legal in the UK, if not does anyone know where I can look at getting a decent adapter to make the GULLWING circular or at least a full wheel ( If I knew how to post pics here I would show you what sort of wheel I had in mind, but any suggestions would be cool )

And 3) Does anyone know what the watch is Justin Bruening wears in KNIGHT RIDER 2008? ( Before anyone decides to have a rant that KNIGHT RIDER OS BETTER THAN KNIGHT RIDER 2008 I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY, BUT I JUST LIKE THE LOOK OF HIS WATCH! )

Thanks guys .

corlando52
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A Few Questions

Post by corlando52 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:34 pm

I live in the USA, so can't answer your questions. However, I do know someone who can. He makes KR parts and can be found at his company site, KIRAD:
http://www.kirad.co.uk/
There was someone making a gullwing adapter to make it round, but I think it might be easier to get a quick change adapter and just switch between the gullwing and a regular steering wheel. Here, it's not illegal to use the gullwing, so I haven't had a problem.
But Rik at KIRAD is the man to ask your questions to...well, except maybe about Justin, but he might know.

Chris

geordiesharp
Stranger

Post by geordiesharp » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks Chris,
I got a reply on KnightUK saying the GULLWING is legal here too, as long as the car has a function horn on the dash or steering wheel, I'm in touch with KIRAD so they were to be my next stop.

Cheers for your help

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Not sure who made this.Looked interesting when I saw it so I saved it.

I heard its illegal to tamper with a steering wheel.Trying to remove it for kitts gullwing wheel wouldn't be legal which is probably why people use trans ams before a certain year.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm

that's actually pretty cool, making the gull wing wheel into a full wheel. nice job to whoever did that, even though the original look is better and accurate that's still a nice job and idea. retains the look but just makes it more regular wheel like. anyways talk to you later, peace

KITT Conversion
Rookie

Post by KITT Conversion » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 am

That's pretty cool. But personally, it ruins the KR Theme of the interior as everything else is like it was from the movie, except the steering wheel.
But then again, whoever made that probably ha a good reason for it. I know some folks in my area, that their steering wheel has to be circular, because they are so used to having a circular steering wheel and don't wanna change. :P
Peace all
KC
KITT: Forget my body, where is my Random Access or my graphics board? I can’t even play a round of Pac-Man in here.
:spmgo: :kittconv2:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm

geordiesharp wrote:Thanks Chris,
I got a reply on KnightUK saying the GULLWING is legal here too, as long as the car has a function horn on the dash or steering wheel, I'm in touch with KIRAD so they were to be my next stop.

Cheers for your help
My pleasure! Tell Rik I sent you. He's a really decent guy!

Cheers!

Chris

geordiesharp
Stranger

Post by geordiesharp » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Ok new day new question :))

Does anyone know the amount of gallons a 1990's trans am holds?

Basically I have seen a 3.1 ltr 1991 Trans Am for sale, and I am trying to figure out how much of a hole this will make in regards for fuel, typically long distance driving will be only once in a while to KNIGHTCON UK for example which from my house is only 175.6 miles, the rest of the time the car will either be garaged or driven locally.

Any help or advice will be great, as this fuel issue is the one thing that really I need to think about before getting a car to convert to KITT

Thanks

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:08 am

I think after 1986 the fuel tanks went from 15.5 gallons to 16.5 gallons.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

geordiesharp
Stranger

Post by geordiesharp » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Has anyone seen the KITT Marco Valleggi of Italy built ??

I have just watched his videos on youtube, and OH MY GOD !!!!!!
The computer stuff is incredible, not to mention KITT has functional smoke screen, laser and AUTO CRUISE!!.

This guy is unbelieveable, Does anyone know if all this is true or if it's one of those many special effects vids floating around youtube?
BASICALLY I WANT HIS CAR, BUT I PREFER A 1 TV DASH, I'M A SEASON 3/4 GUY MYSELF :))

KITT Conversion
Rookie

Post by KITT Conversion » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Jay Ohrberg (Sorry if I spelt last name wrong) has made his own SPM Mode kit, complete with the EBS Flaps that come out. They apparently do not, help stop, as they do open way slower than the show itself.

Search on YouTube: "Jay Ohrberg's SPM KITT" or something similar to that

KC
KITT: Forget my body, where is my Random Access or my graphics board? I can’t even play a round of Pac-Man in here.
:spmgo: :kittconv2:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile