The Barrett-Jackson KI3T auction cars?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

The Barrett-Jackson KI3T auction cars?

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I was going through the archives & noticed that in the Tom Day interview that the Hero car he received from Barrett-Jackson is different than the one pictured in the Barrett-Jackson catalog & different from the one that was on stage in Florida where the car went on auction.

The differences i noticed was the hood stripes go past the scanner on the car in the interview & on the real KR & KI3T plus the one featured for the auction & on stage does not have the stripes go past the scanner vents! Now i dont know if the hood was replaced or the car was repainted or he received another different from the one on the auction floor but i just thought it was odd that in the hundreds of build & other pics i have of all the cars used in the pilot & series not one has the stripes go past the scanner!

I know its silly but If anybody can shed any light on this it would be great!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Re: The Barrett-Jackson KI3T auction cars?

Post by Pierre » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 am

probably because the real GT500KR don't have the strip on this area , and on the BD pilote the KR wasn't actually in production this can explain the differences , personnaly I don't like the strip in front of the scanner

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Pierre wrote:probably because the real GT500KR don't have the strip on this area , and on the BD pilote the KR wasn't actually in production this can explain the differences , personnaly I don't like the strip in front of the scanner
Yes i know the KR wasnt in production when the pilot was in production, your missing what im saying, im saying that all KI3Ts dont have this strip go over the scanner but Tom Days does.

And i found that on the KI3T that Profiles in History sold the front end is missing the snake emblem & the bottom is missing the vents & it has the wrong carbon fiber air dam. Possibly it was damaged perhaps?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/15/knig ... om-knight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:01 pm

hum maybe this car was not shown from the front in the show , maybe they save buck and negligted the front end

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Pierre wrote:hum maybe this car was not shown from the front in the show , maybe they save buck and negligted the front end
It was shown i have a pic of it on stage, i dont know maybe he repainted the car?

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:25 am

I noticed when I was wtching the Movie Pilot and doing research for my KI3T Replica, some scenes with KITT had the stripes in front of the scanner. I know they made several cars for the Pilot and maybe they did one with the stripes in front of the scanner.

Here It Is at The festival.

Knight2008
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Knight2008 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:52 pm

I think I have only seen the KITT with the stripes in the Scanner.
Greetings, Dominik

Lifedream: 2nd Season KITT :) :dash: :kitt:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:15 pm

They made 6 cars from Mustang 4.6 V8 GTs numbered K-1 through K-6. K-1 was a radio-controlled car, The pod car was K-2, K-3 was the Attack car. And then 4 5 and 6 were the normal cars. Tom Days & the one in Barrett-Jackson is K6 with the Whipple supercharger. Its the only one with it & every pic of the car has no stripes past the scoop!

They sold off the 2 to Tom Day & used the remaining cars except the pod to build the new series attack cars & bought 2 V6 hero mustangs & 1 V8 stunt hero car for the show. So again what the hell is going on lol!