"My" K.I.T.T -Be gentle

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

gl2814b
Volunteer

"My" K.I.T.T -Be gentle

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:44 am

From the heart land of Kansas, introducing the *Knight Innovations Twenty Twelve*

Its a 2012 Chevy Camaro SS V8 6.2L Supercharged, beige and black interior, non factory wheels and radio,some other minor cosmetic alterations

Dash in the dark (more impressive this way as it is a work in progress)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Re: "My" K.I.T.T -Be gentle

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:12 am

LOVE it! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 am

thanks!

BullittKnight
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by BullittKnight » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:04 am

Very cool, congrats.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 am

Your kitt looks great.Have you considered adding a rear spoiler?

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 am

Nice and clean. "I" would delete the limited edition and Camaro badge though :wink:.

What type of scanner are you using?

Can you stick your phone in between the gauge pods?
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 am

MR2NR wrote:"I" would delete the limited edition and Camaro badge though :wink:.
I agree.

Also you will want to modify that scanner with brighter high flux L.E.D.s instead of the 5mm ones you have in there right now. (If thats not feasible, buy the BRIGHTEST mcd red 5mm LEDs and re-solder those in.) You will also need a white piece of material to diffuse the LEDs and then put black tint over that.

And the dash, gotta do something with that dash. Can't leave it all stock like that.
I'm thinking... blue and green themed touch panels underneath Plexiglas shaped into the curvature of the dash...
Ideas, ideas, oh boy!

And a voice box, good lord man, you need a new updated redesigned from the ground up voice box. You have got to get rid of that damn iphone app. :wink:

Hit me up in PM, I'm sure I can help.

(Oh and those rims are just dead sexy....)

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:38 pm

rear spoiler- yes i have considered it. and i have decided against it. for now. the one on there presently has FOUR plugs to hold it in place, a raised spoiler only requires two, leaving two exposed. id need a new trunk lid to make it look good. maybe after dash refit (see below)

i like the limited edition badge which i added after the fact. :oops:

the scanner i believe is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SS-Mails ... 53e84c98ed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i like the scanner as is and its *illegal* enough here already. :twisted:

i CAN stick the phone between the gauge pods but it would cover the car info/warning/gauge display

however, im planning a total refit to the dash and make it overall more digitized. the design has been mapped out and the folks doing it say its feasible. but I gotta save the $$$ for it. i am NOT goin with touch screens, though, i hate those. more buttons n switches but with led light ups. i ordered a custom vox online but the seller decided to discontinue and refunded the money. it was a slight variation on the season 3-4 vox. also i dont have an iphone, i have a droid, which sucks by the way. the app is good enough for now to give the appearance i want until the refit happens and i may integrate the phone into the dash itself. still undecided.

another thing im planning to change out is the headlight lamps. may go with halo lamps. a friend suggested them and knows where i can get a set cheap.

im NOT auto saavy. im learning as i go. never been your typical car guy. i know what i want but lack the knowledge to implement on my own. but i feel im in good company. 8)

the basic idea behind it is the evolution of the original KITT A.I. with new body. i want it to harken back to the original just enough. im not turning it into a chevy version of the KI3T which i personally didnt like. everyone has their opinion, and i will respect it. im more old school i guess. keep the comments and suggestions coming.. thanks for looking! :)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 pm

gl2814b wrote:I am NOT goin with touch screens, though, i hate those. more buttons n switches but with led light ups.
LEDs and switches are going to date it my friend. (VERY 70's & 80's) That WILL look out of place on such a nice new car. But to each there own. Keep us informed on your progress. :good:

Just be careful or your car will look like this tacky hot mess : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSOrzC3Y ... ature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

taoworm2323 wrote: Just be careful or your car will look like this tacky hot mess : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSOrzC3Y ... ature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yikes... yeah, not goin THAT far... but i have issues with touchscreens and orbs. orbs freak me out. i blame Stanley Kubrick. the buttons and such wont look dated. darth vader ill be jealous

i just have to be selective with my designs as kansas laws are prohibitive. this IS a functional car and my main mode of transportation. so i have been in contact with local law enforcement agencies to see what i can and legally shouldnt do. the scanner light is a HUGE lawbreaker and i have been stopped while it was flashing. (ive since installed a cab switch to control it)

if i went any where NEAR what the guy in the video did, i couldnt drive at night without being ticketed repeatedly

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

gl2814b wrote:i have issues with touchscreens and orbs. orbs freak me out. i blame Stanley Kubrick.
LOL! :lol: HAL reference FTW!

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

i totally expected Kilmer to go 'Hal2000' at one point in the series

"Im sorry Mr. Torres, I cannot allow you to do that!"

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:00 pm

:lol:
I think he actually DID in KITT vs KARR (2008 version)

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:34 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
Just be careful or your car will look like this tacky hot mess : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSOrzC3Y ... ature=plcp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LMAO cannot believe Gary Scott Thompson hasn't found this guy!! "Oh No!!! More Hardware!!!"

As for laws I think Kansas is pretty laid back compared to Missouri. You don't have to have a front plate and no inspections. I think you don't really have much of a tint law either. Just leave the scanner off if your going a ways at night. I have mine pretty tucked under the hood line so it is not as noticeable and haven't got pulled over for it yet. You really cannot see it head on just from the standing position. You could put a removable cover on it that cuts the display down to 1/2 inch and cops aren't going to notice it. Unless you drive at night with the headlights off.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:50 pm

niiiice!

as for the tint law : A Kansas statute states that no vehicle can have a window tint of less than 35 percent. A window with 35 percent tint has the ability to block 65 percent of visible light.

i have it at the legal limit now. :lol:

the local LEOs are pretty anal around here, but many of em know me (in a good way) so i have SOME leeway once in a while... depending on the officer or sheriff. :?

this is the darkest ive been able to take pics before my camera flipped out, till now :roll:

the pic doesnt do it justice. the LEDs are brighter than they appear in this pic. 8)

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm

best i got at the moment

Fletch
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Fletch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Image[/quote]

Pretty sure this is the driver of that thing...

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

makes sense...it DID look "assimilated"

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:20 am

@MR2NR That front plate law apparently isn't true. I was pulled over for not having my front plate on while I lived in Springfield, Missouri. Thankfully I was only given a warning.

As for this KITT, freakin' sweet :) I think I have seen this posted before... KotWC? Continue with the updates!
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:27 am

Avenger95 wrote:@MR2NR That front plate law apparently isn't true. I was pulled over for not having my front plate on while I lived in Springfield, Missouri. Thankfully I was only given a warning.

As for this KITT, freakin' sweet :) I think I have seen this posted before... KotWC? Continue with the updates!
He is from KANSAS. A much farther advanced, environmentally friendly, and KITT freindly state who only consumes half as much aluminum as Missouri. Apparently so a police officer doesn't have to wait for the car to pass to get its number.

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:34 am

Nice Camaro !!

I didn't know so many of us lived close by :lol: ,I use to live in Oklahoma and one of the ONLY good things about that state is NO emissions,NO inspections and NO stupid front plate 8)

And in the few years I drove my replica,I was pulled over a few times for the scanner(long story),fog lights and windshield tint.And I got a @#$% $250 ticket for the windshield tint !! :x I told the judge it's my car and the way I want it.So I just payed for the ticket and go on my way :roll:

Now I have to *@#$% figure out how to legalize my replica in California :? :shock:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:37 am

Nice Camaro !!

I didn't know so many of us lived close by :lol: ,I use to live in Oklahoma and one of the ONLY good things about that state is NO emissions,NO inspections and NO stupid front plate 8)

And in the few years I drove my replica,I was pulled over a few times for the scanner(long story),fog lights and windshield tint.And I got a @#$% $250 ticket for the windshield tint !! :x I told the judge it's my car and the way I want it.So I just payed for the ticket and go on my way :roll:

Now I have to *@#$% figure out how to legalize my replica in California :? :shock:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

manaras
Volunteer

Post by manaras » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 am

very nice my friend.i'd like to see this car as the new K.I.T.T in the movie :kitt:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:48 am

OKC KNIGHT wrote:Nice Camaro !!

Dave
Why would you get pulled over for fog lights? How tinted was your windshield?

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 am

MR2NR wrote: Why would you get pulled over for fog lights? How tinted was your windshield?

Windshield tint is about 25-30% i think ? I dont really remember since it was done years ago and it was a free add on from my tint buddy and I really didn't ask much about it.To me all that mattered was it kept my car cool in the summer and i thought it looked pretty badass with dark tint all around :mrgreen:

Anwyays I might make a new thread about my car since I don't want to take over gl2814b's thread :oops:

Dave