Locations Thread: the best thread, and I cannot post - why?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Locations Thread: the best thread, and I cannot post - why?

Post by simon_a6 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=1060&t=11725&hilit=helios&start=775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This thread has a comment I want to quote to, but it is locked.
It is the best thread in forum, pretty much, and it is locked.

There is a new section for Locations, but none of the comments from the original thread are in there, so I am unsure how this is better.
It's been restricted so nothing can be 'commented'. I thought comments may have been moved to specific locations in that new section, but that would be one heck of a task!!

So why lock it? I'm sure someone here will know, perhaps a knowledgable administrator. I want some locations from Knight in Shining Armour, and the hospital from Blind Spot.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Locations Thread: the best thread, and I cannot post - w

Post by neps » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Hey Simon, I understand the frustration.

Unfortunately a 32 page thread on locations is a bit of a tangled mess, so we needed to come up with a solution that would better serve continued discussion. In order to move that conversation into the new threads, we locked the old one.

I'd say your best bet is to reply to the post in question inside the thread for that specific episode - i'm sure people would be willing to help.

viewtopic.php?f=1060&t=17553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=1060&t=17562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We may try and break up the old location forum into it's respective threads - but that will be a bit of an undertaking.

simon_a6
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by simon_a6 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Happy to, but not a sole out there would get the emails to states questions or answers have been posted, apart from Joe. It would serve no purpose now. All those who are excited about the Locations thread, would get nothing through.

So while I understand it's a tangled mess, it somehow, from a users point of view, works, because you can scan through it page by page, and see all these amazing locations.

I fully understand having it in separate threads, for each episode. That really is very good. But until they are populated, and having the older users already posting comments on it, locking down what is massively popular is very counter productive.

Here ends my rant, but also, KRO's best thread.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:48 pm

One possible interim solution would be to add a post to the locked thread pointing to the new forum? It would give those that are subscribed to that thread a notice if they haven't already seen it?

I'll chat with Joe to hear what he thinks - it was something we both had discussed.