Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Sneak Peek of New Hot Wheels 1/18 KITT!!

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Wow thats great.When will it be released?

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:52 am

from what I heard late 2012 early 2013.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:29 am

Motor_Head wrote:I absolutely love it when I am wrong and the news is this good:

Hot Wheels Elite Tweets:

"AlaskaPollock Walleye @HotWheelsElite K.I.T.T looks awesome! Will it have a functioning red scanner light?"
9 Feb

"HotwheelsElite Hotwheels Elite @AlaskaPollock you bet it will. We put in extra effort to get a functioning red scanner light on the 1:18 scale K.I.T.T.!"
16 hours ago

OH YEAH!!!!
That's excellent! Hope they make it like Aoshima did, with all-on effect when starting up and nice trailing effect :)

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:19 am

KITTfan wrote:That's excellent! Hope they make it like Aoshima did, with all-on effect when starting up and nice trailing effect :)
Tho I love the "all on" effect before the actual scan on the Aoshima, the guys at Evilmadscience.com did a much better trailing effect. Now if HW uses the ATtiny2313A Controller THEN it would be a scanner worthy of KITT :)

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:13 pm

According to my "Mattel source" 1/18 K.I.T.T is suppose to come out 4th QTR 2012 around Christmas 8) :good:

Watch out for K.A.R.R in 2013...........oops shhhhhhh :wink:

Dave

Knight Racer wrote:Wow thats great.When will it be released?
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Motor_Head
Volunteer

Post by Motor_Head » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Just got word that the headlights will pop-up and down on KITT. Awesome!!!!

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Wow!!!!!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Motor_Head wrote:Just got word that the headlights will pop-up and down on KITT. Awesome!!!!

I was good with the scanner but the popup headlights worries me that this model could run more than a couple hundred $$ :shock:
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 am

As of now the 1/18 Hot Wheels Elite KITT will come out November 2012 with a MSRP $159.99

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 am

Awesome!

Chris

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

OKC KNIGHT wrote:As of now the 1/18 Hot Wheels Elite KITT will come out November 2012 with a MSRP $159.99

Dave
Ouch... but gotta have it!!!!
Phil

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 am

Hot Wheels has been very responsive to fan's comments. I posted that there are front ground effects on this prototype and they responded that they will be taking it off. With Diamond Select now in the mix promising a light up dashboard and light up foglights, maybe Matchbox will look more closely at offering this as well. We will see.

Chris

kngtmat
Recruit

Post by kngtmat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

:shock: $159.99 Well that leaves us poorer fans out, for me it would also have to be remote controlled & go 100mph for that price.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 pm

kngtmat wrote::shock: $159.99 Well that leaves us poorer fans out, for me it would also have to be remote controlled & go 100mph for that price.
This won't be out until the end of the year (at the earliest). Get an envelope and drop in $10 a month like I am. By December, you'll have $110.00 standing by :P
Phil

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:08 am

When ERTL Joyride KITT was released in 2004, times were better and 1/18 scale models were much more common hobby than later when world's economy went down. As sales dropped for 18th scale models, prices went up as the manufacturers must get their income from fewer models. Also the labour costs in China, cost of raw materials, etc. have raised since 2004 so these things also raise the prices of modelcars nowdays.
I think Autoart models cost these days about the same as this upcoming KITT model and other HW Elite models are also in similar price range so unfortunately this is the situation these days. Cheap collecting days are gone, maybe forever but one has to remember these are luxury items, not bare necessities.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am

KITTfan wrote:When ERTL Joyride KITT was released in 2004, times were better and 1/18 scale models were much more common hobby than later when world's economy went down. As sales dropped for 18th scale models, prices went up as the manufacturers must get their income from fewer models. Also the labour costs in China, cost of raw materials, etc. have raised since 2004 so these things also raise the prices of modelcars nowdays.
I think Autoart models cost these days about the same as this upcoming KITT model and other HW Elite models are also in similar price range so unfortunately this is the situation these days. Cheap collecting days are gone, maybe forever but one has to remember these are luxury items, not bare necessities.
In general, you are correct, but the price point for model cars haven't changed as dramatically as you suggest. New Buragos, Maisto, etc. are still the same relative price at $15.00 to $30.00. If Ertl still made their Joyride line (which was just a slightly higher quality than these 2 lines), it would be no more than $50.00. AutoArt and Hotwheels Elite (among others) are the more "premium" lines and have always cost about $100.00-$150.00 on average depending on the model.
Phil

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 am

kngtmat wrote::shock: $159.99 Well that leaves us poorer fans out, for me it would also have to be remote controlled & go 100mph for that price.
Like this?

http://towerhobbies.com/products/traxxas/trad45.html

Cheeeaaappp!!!

159.99 Isn't horrible for a limited edition. If the headlights come up and down it will definitely be worth it. :wink:

Also does anybody know the production numbers yet? I was strolling through Hastings in a town I visit once a year and seen the HW Elite Batmobile Thunder thing and it was limited to 5000. Around me it looks like Hastings will be the place to get this the soonest as they had the Mini Mate KR before Toys R US even had them online.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:55 pm

True if HW were to give us KITT in Super Pursuit Mode, i suppose it would be a safe bet that some details would be removed from the original KITT model to make space for the winglets to hide under. That's fine with me considering the thought of how delicate the parts to design would be. On the other hand, I'm sure we'd all be happy with just KITT and KARR. But more importantly, I hope they give us both versions of KARR from the episode "KITT VS KARR".

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

KITT and KARR would be enough for me too but Cmode KITT would be quite nice too :)
:kittconv:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 am

hey everyone!

we've gotten some direct contact with Hot Wheels Elite - and they've provided us with updated tooling images, a video of the scanner in action and a COMPLETE list of all features. Check it out. :)

Amazing work! Please share this link wherever you can: http://knightrideronline.com/news/2012/ ... update.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Working LED scanner
Pop up headlights
Opening doors
Opening engine hood- reveals the "Knight Industries turbo jet engine with modified afterburners"
Lift up, and removable T-tops
Ejector driver and passenger seats
Fold down rear seat
Opening rear hatch
Rotating license plate function to reveal alternate plate
Working steering
Underside chassis details include Rocket Boosters, Smoke screen, flame thrower, and grappling hookr, and grappling hook

Keep up with the questions and I can ask them anything you are curious about. I'm going to ask if the t-tops are going to be "glass" too - and also about the scanner animation - I hope they smooth out that pause. but again, minor nits on a tooling prototype!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:50 am

Will there be a black privacy protector attached to the rear hatch as the show did?

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am

Awesome features :) Do they have any plans for KARR and maybe even Michael Knight figurine? How about ordinary '82 Pontiac Trans-Am, "Michael Long's car"?

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 am

KITTfan wrote:Awesome features :) Do they have any plans for KARR and maybe even Michael Knight figurine? How about ordinary '82 Pontiac Trans-Am, "Michael Long's car"?
KARR or the Recaro would be sooo sweet!!!!

Definitely no figurine from Hot Wheels, but who knows. Maybe Mattel will do something for the fans. Check out Mattel's collector site http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... OffersPage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sometime. I ordered the Hoverboard a short while ago from them. Very impressive items.
Phil

RomanticKnight
Recruit

Post by RomanticKnight » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

I was wondering when we'd get some new pics of the car. This is SA-WEEEEEET! God Bless the fact that this car has the Pontiac arrowhead logo etched in the bowling ball hubcaps. And more importantly, the whole caboodle is a far cry from the Ertl Joyride rendition. AKA Much much better than Joyride. One diecast model company can make a difference. :mrgreen:

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:47 pm

AWESOME! I see they took my suggestion and removed the front ground effects. I've also suggested possibly making the dash light up and gave them a solution to how they could do it simply and cheaply. They liked the idea, so let's see if they incorporate it into this great diecast!

ChrisO