Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hot Wheels (Mattel) to release KITT in 2011!!!!

Post by msKEN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am

Hah sorry I meant Recaros had no option you got ground effects rather you wanted them or not.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Dave,
Thanks for confirming. I posted a question to them on the Hot Wheels Facebook page about the new Elite KITT and they deleted my post. I just hope they fix their crummy scanner. Personally, I would like to see a lightup dash, and a Season 1 or Season 2 nose. Having a two TV dash which is Season 1/2 and a Season 3/4 Nose just doesn't work if you're talking about accuracy, which an Elite Model should have, especially for the price. If they are just going to flock the seats and the carpet, and make a "more detailed engine", then I'll pass.

Chris

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 pm

corlando52 wrote:Dave,
Thanks for confirming. I posted a question to them on the Hot Wheels Facebook page about the new Elite KITT and they deleted my post. I just hope they fix their crummy scanner. Personally, I would like to see a lightup dash, and a Season 1 or Season 2 nose. Having a two TV dash which is Season 1/2 and a Season 3/4 Nose just doesn't work if you're talking about accuracy, which an Elite Model should have, especially for the price. If they are just going to flock the seats and the carpet, and make a "more detailed engine", then I'll pass.

Chris
They've done great things with the Hot Wheels Elite line, with the exception of the 1989 Batmobile (The $10.00 1:18 die-cast version from Hot Wheels was more accurate). I have the A-Team van and Ferris Bueller Ferrari. They're amazing!
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 am

PBH wrote: They've done great things with the Hot Wheels Elite line, with the exception of the 1989 Batmobile (The $10.00 1:18 die-cast version from Hot Wheels was more accurate). I have the A-Team van and Ferris Bueller Ferrari. They're amazing!
what is inaccurate with the 1/18 batmobile? I have one and I think it looks 100% dead on and since I saw the batman returns version of it at Petersen car museum in LA last year it looks correct. now the 1/68 scale version looks funky mainly the too skinny 'canopy' roof section.

EDIT: you were talking about the elite or the 'collectors edition' with the goofy color scheme but they still shared the same molds and tooling with the cheaper mass produced one that I bought on ebay for about 18 bucks a few years ago ;).
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 am

Dave Knight wrote:
PBH wrote: They've done great things with the Hot Wheels Elite line, with the exception of the 1989 Batmobile (The $10.00 1:18 die-cast version from Hot Wheels was more accurate). I have the A-Team van and Ferris Bueller Ferrari. They're amazing!
what is inaccurate with the 1/18 batmobile? I have one and I think it looks 100% dead on and since I saw the batman returns version of it at Petersen car museum in LA last year it looks correct. now the 1/68 scale version looks funky mainly the too skinny 'canopy' roof section.

EDIT: you were talking about the elite or the 'collectors edition' with the goofy color scheme but they still shared the same molds and tooling with the cheaper mass produced one that I bought on ebay for about 18 bucks a few years ago ;).
There were a few of different 1:64 versions of the 1989 Batmobile that Hot Wheels made with (what appeared to be) 2 different molds/tools. The standard carded 1989 Batmobile looked inaccurate in many ways, but there were also the more expensive 1:64 models (100% Hot Wheels line) that looked amazing.
1989 Batmobile I (Mattel - Hot Wheels).jpg
1989 Batmobile I (Mattel - Hot Wheels).jpg (19.4 KiB) Viewed 26830 times
1989 Batmobile - 100% Hotwheels (Mattel - Hot Wheels).jpg
1989 Batmobile - 100% Hotwheels (Mattel - Hot Wheels).jpg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 26830 times
The colors of the Hot Wheels Elite1989 Batmobile were significantly off. It's gray color and gold accents weren't movie-accurate. The detail may have been there otherwise, but the cheaper 1:18 "standard" version looked more accurate.

Phil

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:53 am

Here are the only 3 1:18 1989 Batmobiles that I'm aware of:
BATMOBILES.JPG
BATMOBILES.JPG (28.49 KiB) Viewed 26827 times
Phil

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm

yeah I have the original one the only thing I did to make it look better was remove the front 'lights' remove the mounting pins, ad some silver foil behind the lenses and re attached the lenses so they no longer have the pin holes.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I found someone who works for Hot Wheels and worked on the Batmobile R/C car. I have written to him with my concerns and ideas for the ELITE version of KITT. Since they aren't planning on releasing this until the 4th Quarter of this year, there is plenty of time for them to make modifications on what they might already have planned. I will post here if he responds.

ChrisO

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 am

No problem guys happy to pass info when I can :good: Not just a vendor,I'm also a true fan and PROUD 3/4 Season replica owner 8)

.........Oh ya Mattel rep update today !!! The BASIC line KITT is suppose to hit stores Mid-next month 8) :mrgreen:

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:05 am

OKC KNIGHT wrote:No problem guys happy to pass info when I can :good: Not just a vendor,I'm also a true fan and PROUD 3/4 Season replica owner 8)

.........Oh ya Mattel rep update today !!! The BASIC line KITT is suppose to hit stores Mid-next month 8) :mrgreen:

Dave
What scale is the Basic line KITT or is there Basic and Elite versions of all three scales?

OKC KNIGHT
Operative

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 am

KITTfan wrote:
OKC KNIGHT wrote:No problem guys happy to pass info when I can :good: Not just a vendor,I'm also a true fan and PROUD 3/4 Season replica owner 8)

Dave
What scale is the Basic line KITT or is there Basic and Elite versions of all three scales?

BASIC line is the tiny 1:64 scale $1 car's that the little kids get.Elite is for the "Adult" collector 1:18 and 1:43 scale

Dave
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:51 am

I guess I am a little kid at heart, I'll be getting a few of these little bad boys. It's just as fun and challenging to mod the 1/64 scale cars as it is the 1/43 and 1/18 scale ones. :-)

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:57 pm

By any chance, does anyone have a pic of the dash from the Charawheels KITT? or know if there is the same sticker application that the Kenner KITT has? just picked one up MIB for a song, and wanted to know how much work I'll need to do on the inside.

Something to tide me over till the 2012 KITTs roll out next month :)

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 am

If you're referring to the 1:64 scale Charrawheels KITT, it's just like any HotWheels dash board. It doesn't have any of the Knight Rider detail.

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 am

damn I was hoping it would. Guess I'll have to cop the stickers off my mattel KITT dash and see if I can make it fit, if not, I'll just have to get creative with my inkjet lol

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:26 am

knightfever wrote:If you're referring to the 1:64 scale Charrawheels KITT, it's just like any HotWheels dash board. It doesn't have any of the Knight Rider detail.
This is incorrect. KITT (and KARR) has a dash unique to this model. Unfortunately, I can't locate any better pics at this time.

SOURCE - viewtopic.php?p=97869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks PBH, I scoured the net myself and didn't see anything with a clear image of the inside either. i found one on ebay and am asking the seller this same question.

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am

well got a reply on it. There are no dash stickers, so it looks like I'll have to get creative on the inkjet lol

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Tannim31 wrote:well got a reply on it. There are no dash stickers, so it looks like I'll have to get creative on the inkjet lol
Maybe you should wait. It's possible that Hot Wheels may release a ComicCon exclusive that may have the detail your looking for. If history is correct, the ComicCon exclusive should go for about $50.00 on eBay as the other TV/movie models did immediately following the event.

I doubt that the dash will be painted though, but it'll probably be nicely formed.
Attachments
HW VS SDCC.JPG
HW VS SDCC.JPG (63.37 KiB) Viewed 26143 times
Phil

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Heck PBH, you've seen my Hitari KITT, tearing apart and redoing it right is what I live for! lol :) (Funny you should show the B-mobile and delorean, I am repainting those as well lol) I have a set of JL TA rims just screaming to be put on the Chara KITT anyway lol :)

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Tannim31 wrote:Heck PBH, you've seen my Hitari KITT, tearing apart and redoing it right is what I live for! lol :) (Funny you should show the B-mobile and delorean, I am repainting those as well lol) I have a set of JL TA rims just screaming to be out on the Chara KITT anyway lol :)
Ha! Let's see some photos/videos when you're done :)
Phil

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Will do!, I only wish my eyes were good enough to solder "grain of rice" LEDs in to the 1/64 KITT, Damn that would be amazing...

*EDIT* Going to try and do something bat-s#!t- crazy with this chara kitt! I have a fiber optic thing-a-magigger that I got as a gag gift one year, and a micro-drill set. Would anyone be interested in seeing a 1/64 scale KITT with a working scanner? (of course the controller would be outside the car...) like I said, bat-s#!t- crazy lmao

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I must have gotten bad models then. Mine have no stickers on the dash.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Tannim31 wrote:Going to try and do something bat-s#!t- crazy with this chara kitt! I have a fiber optic thing-a-magigger that I got as a gag gift one year, and a micro-drill set. Would anyone be interested in seeing a 1/64 scale KITT with a working scanner?
Now THAT would be worth seeing on YouTube!!!!
Phil

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:48 pm

I received a reply about the Hot Wheels ELITE KITT and the guy in charge of it. Here is a partial of what he said...
Just so you know he told me he wants much of the same things you wanted but a lot of comes down to being cost prohibitive.
If you do start a write in campaign, send it to Hot Wheels Marketing dept. try to get more than 20K people to write, then they'll listen.
ChrisO