Finally, my White Whale I have caught!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Finally, my White Whale I have caught!

Post by CB2001 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Josch Schulz wrote:Thanks, my whole collection is right now in a Box special with bubblepaper filled so when I move in my own house I start to build it back up :mrgreen: I have arround 200 Items or so...some stuff is still in germany, but not much...some DVDs and Audiobooks...
Nice! Sounds like a rather impressive collection.
Dave Knight wrote:I still have mine that I purchased in summer of 97 from a friend who had it since 83 to replace the one my then 2 year old brother (he is 29 now) destroyed ;).

those pics were taken after I got him and Mike out of storage, I have since cleaned him up and polished the 'glass' and put him in a safer place. my KITT still talks too his battery compartment has ZERO corrosion, but to keep it that way I leave the battery out of it when he is on display :good:.
Not bad, Dave. I have to say that was pure blown luck that you were able to get your hands on it. And glad to hear you've got it cleaned up, it still works and that you're wise enough to leave the battery out when on display (like I said, at first, one of the issues that lead to the voicebox not working was due to the acid corroding, which my dad resolved by taking a toothbrush and some toothpaste to it, cleaning it right up. After cleaning the connections and adding a little bit of oil to the motor, it work).

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:12 pm

CB2001 wrote:
jyd85 wrote:Congrats!

I'm still kicking myself over not rescuing one I spotted at Goodwill a few years ago.
Thank you. I'm sorry that you didn't snag it. But you never know, you may get another chance sooner or later. :)
I did this afternoon! :D

One of my best friends, (a fellow KR fangirl), just sent this to me as a belated birthday present. Aside from jumping up and down, I found myself going through the same emotions you did.

You should see me. I honestly can't even form a coherent sentence right now. lol
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:24 am

jyd85 wrote: I did this afternoon! :D

One of my best friends, (a fellow KR fangirl), just sent this to me as a belated birthday present. Aside from jumping up and down, I found myself going through the same emotions you did.

You should see me. I honestly can't even form a coherent sentence right now. lol
Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean, the surreal feeling that you're asleep and expecting to wake up. Totally be there. I don't know what you have planned for yours, but I'm planning on designing and creating a case in which my KITT and Michael will reside in. Again, congratulations. :D

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:25 pm

One of the first things I did today was take it out of the box again, to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. :lol:

My plans are pretty much the same. I want to find a case, and display it with my Joyride KITT & KARR models. I'd hate to have to keep it in the box it was mailed in. My family runs an antiques business and I have hundreds of books. So there's not much room as it is. But I'll make room somehow!

Thanks! :D

Down?

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

jyd85 wrote:One of the first things I did today was take it out of the box again, to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. :lol:

My plans are pretty much the same. I want to find a case, and display it with my Joyride KITT & KARR models. I'd hate to have to keep it in the box it was mailed in. My family runs an antiques business and I have hundreds of books. So there's not much room as it is. But I'll make room somehow!

Thanks! :D
Sweet! I say just keep it in the box it was mailed in until you can get a case for it. The fact that you've got books about cases definitely should help you find one that covers your KITTs and KARR. :)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 am

Congratulations for both of you :) Kenner KITTs are probably quite rare find these days, especially in good condition. Is it about the same size as ERTL Joyride 18th scale diecast KITT?
Speaking of ERTL models, my KARR model have killed it's batteries again, gotta take them out for now & get new ones later :P

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 am

KITTfan wrote:Congratulations for both of you :) Kenner KITTs are probably quite rare find these days, especially in good condition. Is it about the same size as ERTL Joyride 18th scale diecast KITT?
Speaking of ERTL models, my KARR model have killed it's batteries again, gotta take them out for now & get new ones later :P
First off, thanks. :D I'll be designing and building a display case for this item soon.

To answer your question, the Kenner KITT is bigger than the Joyride KITT. The Joyride KITT is 1:18 scale, which only G.I. Joe sized action figures could fit into. The Michael Knight figure that came with 5.8 inches tall. I think that would make the Kenner KITT 1:15 scale, but I can't be sure (I'll have to measure the length and width of it later).

Tannim31
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm

I just scored one of the Kenner KI2000 VC's myself, glad to hear that it's the same size roughly as the Hitari KI2000, will make what I have planned for it allot easier to do :) anyone got any ideas on how to clear up an old yellowed clear windshield/hatchback? lol

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm

I just got a this car. Where is the battery located. I thought I knew I just wanted to make sure before I go and break it.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 am

bottom of the car near the front you need a flat head screwdriver to pop open the panel it is on a hinge so you do not loose it, car takes a D cell battery ;).
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Tannim31 wrote:I just scored one of the Kenner KI2000 VC's myself, glad to hear that it's the same size roughly as the Hitari KI2000, will make what I have planned for it allot easier to do :) anyone got any ideas on how to clear up an old yellowed clear windshield/hatchback? lol
Really? Awesome. I don't know if it'll work for clear plastic (you may want to experiment with it before you do it with another piece), but there's a home-made solution called "Retro Bright". Basically, some old-school computer enthusiasts use it to basically bleach gaming console and older computers back into their original colors that had originally lost it due to being tarnished by the sun. They've got recipes for this here. Like i said, you should experiment on a piece separate from the unit before doing it yourself. I don't know if it'll work, but I'm tossing that out there.

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks CB2001, I read about that too when doing a search. Gonna try straight Hydrogen Peroxide and see if that makes any difference. if nothing else I'll just slap a sheet of real light window tint on it and hide the yellow :) I hope this project comes out as well as my RC KITT did :)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:23 am

Tannim31 wrote:Thanks CB2001, I read about that too when doing a search. Gonna try straight Hydrogen Peroxide and see if that makes any difference. if nothing else I'll just slap a sheet of real light window tint on it and hide the yellow :) I hope this project comes out as well as my RC KITT did :)
No problem. :)

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I have a quick question regarding the KI200 VC, are the "Knight 2000" on the doors a sticker or a paint application? Thanks in advance.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm

^The lettering on the doors is a paint application. (It's definitely not a sticker at any rate.) :)

Down?

Tannim31
Rookie

Post by Tannim31 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

KITTfan wrote: To answer your question, the Kenner KITT is bigger than the Joyride KITT. The Joyride KITT is 1:18 scale, which only G.I. Joe sized action figures could fit into. The Michael Knight figure that came with 5.8 inches tall. I think that would make the Kenner KITT 1:15 scale, but I can't be sure (I'll have to measure the length and width of it later).

I got my kenner KITT and is closer to 1/10th scale than 1/15th, it's larger than the 1/15th Hitari KITT. I was totally amazed that the voice module is actually a record rather than electronic! totally blew me away! I hope I can fix it :)

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:20 am

I can confirm without a doubt that is bigger than 1/15 scale here is a pic of my 80s Talking KITT next to my 1/15 scale Delorean Time Machine ;)

:mrgreen:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

rydon1981
Volunteer

Post by rydon1981 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 am

If only I had known then.... I destroyed mine recreating the episode where KITT and Micheal get rolled down a hill and buried under tons of dirt by a bulldozer. Except I did it down a flight of stairs (sans dirt). Over, and over, and over, and over. First the passenger door broke off and Micheal went flying out, cartwheeling in the air. Then a wheel came off... Still it was the coolest thing at the time.
Nice face, nice figure, two more legs and you'd look like Trigger.
:kitt:

KITTMcFly08
Volunteer

Post by KITTMcFly08 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Congrats on your white whale!

its hard to find KR stuff Besides DVDs in my states,my white whale KR is the same model you just found but mine is a KITT replica, i went to a car show to see him (had both KITTS) and in november of 2011 i saw him sitting at a dounut shop, i quickly turned around and pulled in, i took so many pictures and just admired. the owner didnt like me but oh well. when i get my first Navy paycheck im going to start my replica. scanner is already checked ;) in my altima lol.
Nothing beats the original Trans-AM KITT!
:kitt:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:46 pm

rydon1981 wrote:If only I had known then.... I destroyed mine recreating the episode where KITT and Micheal get rolled down a hill and buried under tons of dirt by a bulldozer. Except I did it down a flight of stairs (sans dirt). Over, and over, and over, and over. First the passenger door broke off and Micheal went flying out, cartwheeling in the air. Then a wheel came off... Still it was the coolest thing at the time.
I feel a bit of your pain. Some of the toys I had when I was little that I really liked I accidentally destroyed, it royally sucked that I could never get a replacement for them.

KITTMcFly08 wrote:Congrats on your white whale!

its hard to find KR stuff Besides DVDs in my states,my white whale KR is the same model you just found but mine is a KITT replica, i went to a car show to see him (had both KITTS) and in november of 2011 i saw him sitting at a dounut shop, i quickly turned around and pulled in, i took so many pictures and just admired. the owner didnt like me but oh well. when i get my first Navy paycheck im going to start my replica. scanner is already checked ;) in my altima lol.
Thanks. I totally wish you luck on your White Whale (and your work on the replica).