Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider RPG - Fan Game

Post by msKEN » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 am

I don't even know what I did to provoke this attack? Not respond to his [KnightProwls] post complaining about my lack of skills and attention for detail? I guess I had that one a coming. I'm a fan dude. I'm working on a fan project. I never asked for "fans". I don't want fans. I just want to make something cool for other fans. There is nothing official or licensed here dude. You're not a potential customer that will be giving me money to pay my mortgage or any other bills. Your attitude definitely doesn't welcome me to want to be your friend and correspond with you off of these boards either. We have nothing further to discus.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 am

im not saying he owes me anything, its just rude he wont even talk to me when i ask a question, and i know hes not got a huge team, and that isnt what im pissed about, its the fact he wont even say hi lil long anwser my questions, thats what this is about, it isnt about his game or what hes doing, i mean it is but its just questions and i feel he has no right to just ignore me, its not like im asking him to finish the game now or to give me the files, im just trying to find out whats new, its what anyone does, but hey he said no so ill quit asking, and fyi it is a fan game, you idiot, you need fans whos willing to play it once its done and look at updates and ect to even want to make a game like this, theres no point in making something like this if theres no fans who wanna play it, thats all i am, a fan whos wanting to know whats new, but he wont even let me know, so im not even gonna bother talking to him anymore, he wont talk thats fine, but he wont get any support from me, its just rude and wrong to ignore me, anyways why dont you just stay out of this knight racer, we dont speak, you @&^# me over when you didnt let me have your damn kitt car for gta 4 when i said i wouldnt give it away, you made your choice to not do as i asked and so did ken, so both of you can just forget my help or support, you made your choice to ignore me and not do as i asked so your the problem here, not me, so for that your nothing to me, as for ken he didnt talk to me, so im done with him too, you dont just ignore someone whos asking questions thats trying to be a fan to you, all that does is make ppl pissy like i am, so for that im done here, goodbye

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Knightprowl,

This kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable, and I’ve elected to suspend your account for 48 hours as a result. Hopefully once you’ve had a chance to calm down and reflect on your conduct, you’ll realise that you cannot continue to approach the people of this community in such a self-centred manner. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:37 pm

knightprowl wrote:anyways why dont you just stay out of this knight racer, we dont speak, you @&^# me over when you didnt let me have your damn kitt car for gta 4 when i said i wouldnt give it away, you made your choice to not do as i asked and so did ken, so both of you can just forget my help or support, you made your choice to ignore me and not do as i asked so your the problem here, not me, so for that your nothing to me,
We don't speak because you can't handle constructive criticism.You have it all wrong Knightprowl,I never asked for your support.I tried offering you mine on your gta4 problems not the other way around.I never needed your support and neither does MSken.It was more than obvious that you couldn't handle constructive criticism.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Knightprowl, as your friend... I'm asking you to stop and rethink this. How do you feel when people constantly ask you about a mod you're making and not getting anything in return? I think you took it too far this time. Calm down, think, then maybe apologize if you feel you did wrong. Honestly, I think you keep making an ass of yourself with stuff like this. Also, Matt is right. You are self-centered... your support doesn't mean anything on its own. It takes the support of a united community.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

ok im sry for doing what i did guys, your all right, i didnt have the right to demand like that, i know your busy with other things ken, and you always update when you can, so im sry for being a complete #*@hole to yall, also im sry to knight racer, your right i am selfish, and im the same way with my mods, so i guess i know how it feels about being bugged all the time, and yes i asked for your stuff and you said no, so i got mad and we stopped talking, thats my problem, when i dont get my way i go off and do stupid stuff which i regret, like i do now, you didnt @&^# me over, i just acted like an #*@hole, its what i do, so again i am sry, hope you will forgive me, if not oh well, and ken, i wont ask again man, just plz forgive me, ima fan, always will be, im still supporting you ok, i know ya dont want ppl to but hey, its what fans are for, anyways yes i did go overboard superman, way way overboard, i just hate crits, i dont like being turned down or made wrong, im the kinda person who dont like loosing, and when i do i go insane and kick the winners ass and call him a cheater, pretty much a selfish #*@hole like alotta ppl, ive become what i hate, an #*@hole who bitches at everyone and drives ppl nuts with questions and when i dont get what i want i make up some *?$# story saying the @&^# me over and we never speak again cause im to selfish to accept the word no, its why nobody helps me with my mods, ima #*@hole who only cares about himself, and that wont change, all i care about is me, nobody else matters to me, not online anyways, your all just a faze, not something serious, nor ever will be, i dont need friends, i need ppl willing to help me, thats all, anyways nuff of my *?$#, ill leave you alone ken if ya want me to, no more questions ok? sry knight racer and sry everyone else, anyways ttyl peace

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 pm

I know its a very big stretch, but has there been a thought of adding a short version of the game to Facebook? Knight Rider for Facebook would be a fun game to play once in awhile :) It would be a good way to distribute the full game if you decided to go that route, and get a select few beta players to test it out before making it a full release.

Speaking of which, how would this Knight Rider fan game be distributed? Online download? Browser-based gameplay? Mailed out discs?
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Commas and periods are serious tools, Michael.

:twisted:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:42 am

Avenger95 wrote:Speaking of which, how would this Knight Rider fan game be distributed? Online download? Browser-based gameplay? Mailed out discs?
Facebook could be interesting, I would have to come up with a pretty solid idea first on how to make it a social game. As far as downloading the game it will be available for free download at the website in my signature when its ready.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 am

During driving sequences,could you have the ability to make Michael visible/invisible so we could pretend auto cruise mode is on.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 am

I gotta say Ken your 'trashed' KITT image on your website made me chuckle :lol: :good:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I was cracking up when he first showed it to me too.I thought lets see how many drunk driving jokes can you think of right off the bat?Lets take it to Daniel Tosh and put 1 minute on the clock.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey guys,

Just a small update, at Unleaded Games we are wrapping up another fan project game that we had started before Knight Rider, based on an old 80's horror movie series called Friday The 13th: The Fan Game. Its a 3rd person horror survival game. We hope to have it released shortly in the new year and I will be able to devote a ton of time to completing the final aspects of the Knight Rider game play mechanics. I hope to have the game done by the 30th Anniversary and am hoping to have it on display at an upcoming reunion event. I look forward to meeting those of you who attend and as always I'll keep you guys posted!

Happy Holidays!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:08 pm

In Friday the 13th will we be able to chase camp counselors and kill them when they are in the throws of passion?Will we we be collecting machetes as 1 ups?Will we be the counselors trying to save the campers? or get to be Jason for a change?

MrReginaldCIII
Stranger

Post by MrReginaldCIII » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:33 am

I've been watching this project in general for a while now, and before I say anything else I'd just like to say well done and thank you! I've dabbled in a little game programming myself so I have idea of the challenges and problems you run into!

Personally, I think the "new" idea for the game sounds awesome!

I had a couple things I wanted to ask, though. One, what language is this being written in and two, how did you simulate the hitchpoint for Goliath. I never could figure out a way to do that! I'm not a particularly good modeller and a reasonably average desktop programmer, but I have quite a lot of experience in web development so if I can ever help in any way, give me a shout!

Most of all, keep up the awesome work!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:43 am

In Friday the 13th will we be able to chase camp counselors and kill them when they are in the throws of passion?Will we we be collecting machetes as 1 ups?Will we be the counselors trying to save the campers? or get to be Jason for a change?
I don't want to get off topic, this game is not being released by Unleaded Games, we just provided the level design. Be happy to tell you about it in private. The game is played from the perspective of Jason, and its kind of like Batman Arkham series where you rack up combos and unique kills and improve your skills as you go on. The AI is rather intelligent as well.
MrReginaldCIII wrote: I had a couple things I wanted to ask, though. One, what language is this being written in and two, how did you simulate the hitchpoint for Goliath.
Thanks for the compliments! The engine is C++, but I don't touch that code. I use C# scripting to pull off everything. The trailer is actually just a simple physX physics hinge and joint setup based on an example I found on the interwebs. It doesn't behave quite the way I would like it to yet, but its getting there. I don't intend to have much going on where the player will actually be driving Goliath except for a mission or two but I still want a good sense of realism.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 am

i myself think that you can choose to drive what you want. when not on missions, like freemode, have goliath and the flag semi unlockable to drive when you want outside of missions. the same for karr and any other vehicles, after all it is like gta. you should be able to drive any vehicle you wish, but having kitt as your main vehicle for missions and ect. thats just my opinion, but i do think thats what you should do. also being able to play as devon, bonnie, april, rc3, wilton and garthe, as unlockable characters to use for the player besides michael. the same thing with the vehicles, have these things as unlockables. after you beat so much of the game a new thing gets unlocked, and maybe have it like gta. side missions and unique jumps and stunts and ect to also unlock certain things, like say spm or convertable mode or booster and ect, would be nice. make it a challenge, not get everything from the start, make you have to work for it. its how most games are, including gta, so idk why this shouldnt be any diffrent. the same for friday the 13th, being able to unlock more charcters and weapons and skills. anyways do as you want, im just giving some ideas, anyways talk to ya later, peace

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:39 pm

knightprowl wrote:i myself think that you can choose to drive what you want. when not on missions, like freemode, have goliath and the flag semi unlockable to drive when you want outside of missions. the same for karr and any other vehicles, after all it is like gta. you should be able to drive any vehicle you wish, but having kitt as your main vehicle for missions and ect. thats just my opinion, but i do think thats what you should do.
I would love to create a game like that, but I don't have the time unfortunately. I wouldn't rule it out for me to make a sequel though, lets consider this the stepping stones to the ultimate fan built KR game.
knightprowl wrote:also being able to play as devon, bonnie, april, rc3, wilton and garthe, as unlockable characters to use for the player besides michael. the same thing with the vehicles, have these things as unlockables. after you beat so much of the game a new thing gets unlocked, and maybe have it like gta. side missions and unique jumps and stunts and ect to also unlock certain things, like say spm or convertable mode or booster and ect, would be nice. make it a challenge, not get everything from the start, make you have to work for it. its how most games are, including gta, so idk why this shouldnt be any diffrent. the same for friday the 13th, being able to unlock more charcters and weapons and skills. anyways do as you want, im just giving some ideas, anyways talk to ya later, peace
That's the idea that each character would have his/her own set of missions as the story goes on. As for unlockables the game will contain hidden merchandise threw out the game and in certain chances you can unlock RPG elements like upgrading your fighting skills, or getting upgrades from KITT from the Semi.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:46 pm

A new... um old video for the new year...

For those following I don't want to leave you hanging. Next month will see a lot of changes to the core functionality of the game as two new people are coming on board to give me a hand with the games completion to make the September date I have promised. Good things will becoming in late February as I start really posting about the development of this title.

So since the game is being taken back to the drawing board codewise, I wanted to show you guys what I have proto typed for the Michael foot missions. Again remember this is prototyping, you wont see this level in the final game though you will see the some of the same artwork and characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfspI_IPUaY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and yes, you will be able to freely enter and exit vehicles from 3rd person overhead to 3rd person/1st person driving mode. And also wanted to get public opinion, is the idea of Michael kicking/hitting an attack dog unconscious kind of wrong?

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 pm

If its self-defense... then no. Nothing wrong there.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 pm

I remember a few scenes where Michael had to fight off attack dogs like in ring of fire there were dogs trying to do some really disgusting stuff to kitt at the end of the episode,dogs attacking michael when he was trying to get help since kitt was floating in the swamp,There was a friendly dog in blind spot for helping the blind woman.

If you're looking for an alternative method to attacking dogs you could probably have kitt synthecize some tones through Michael's comn link showing on the top left of the screen.That comn link did some amazing stuff in the series.Like in Burial Ground for instance he was able to get kitt to electricute the snake in the cave.In Killer Kitt it was able to transmit video footage miles away to the semi for the diorama of the buildings.It was also able to play the tones to unlock kitt's t-top in the same episode.

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:37 pm

well i know its to much work for all that, i just want to be able to play as all the charcters and drive all the vehicles including the flag semi and goliath, not just on missions thought, like i said and you planned, it should be more gta like, you should stick to the orginial plan and not go changing it around, unless its better stuff to make it better then thats fine, but the overall game should be a gta style game, or atleast freeroam and 3rd person camera, being able to drive around the map anytime you want anywhere you want, drive other vehicles and be other characters, as much stuff as possable in this game, anyways its going to be what you want anyways, its just ideas is all, i just dont want a mission based game, rpg maybe but please not mission based, freeroam gta is what i want and im sure most people do too, in my opinion there needs to be a vote, gta style freeroam or mission based rpg, unless you are going to do both then we all get what we want, i want this game to be the best as possable, thats all, anyways cant wait to see more stuff man, keep us posted, anyways talk to you later peace

MrReginaldCIII
Stranger

Post by MrReginaldCIII » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 am

I don't see a problem with knocking a dog unconscious. Also, there were some scenes in Knight Rider where KITT could distarct the dogs with his synthesizer (playing the sound of another dog). Maybve this would be a more friendly alternative? :D

If you're looking for ways to implement things, take a look at Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars. It was only released on DS/PSP/iPhone, but it is a similar idea (3rd person), just more zoomed out. Its quite a simple game I think, but it is actually really fun!

One thing about the video, I realize this is a prototype but are the corpses supposed to disappear? I don't know if it would be a big performance hit but it would be better if they either disappeared off screen or didn't disappear at all.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:47 am

MrReginaldCIII wrote:
One thing about the video, I realize this is a prototype but are the corpses supposed to disappear? I don't know if it would be a big performance hit but it would be better if they either disappeared off screen or didn't disappear at all.
They are not corpses lol, (Michael and KITT wont be killing anyone) they are just knocked unconscious and fade out of memory. Leaving them lay all over the place, while spawning new ones would be a huge performance hit for people with older mac's and pc's. Also keep in mind this is intended to be a quick port to mobile devices as well. I think if you check out most video games, they do the same thing to a certain degree after a period of time. In most cases it has to be done to get more enemies on the screen, and depending on your difficulty setting you might be fighting an entire army, or just a couple of thugs. I can make it take longer to fade out so its not quite as noticeable.

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Right, my take on the new "demo"

Some Points:
> It looks great. The graphics are really good, and the camera angle is perfect. Michael and KITT look great, and the enviroment looks great now, even it being in early stages.
> The movement of Michael is spot on, althrough I would add a few more fighting moves to make it less repeitive, if you know what i mean...
> There appears to be blood in the demo. Now thats one thing i hope will not be in the game. I dont like seeing blood in games, and more to the point, we never (?) or very rarely saw blood in the original series, and certainly never when michael was fighting.
> In the final game, will it be more sneaking around? Michael very rarely went into a new area and started fighting. I would take a sneaking route like the sly cooper series. When ever your near a wall or an object, you hold a button to hide behind something so guards and stuff wont see you.

Just some ideas to float around.

And i was very impressed with the KITT footage. Glad your doing both types of gameplay.
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!