K.I.T.T. now on iOS

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Armage
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

K.I.T.T. now on iOS

Post by Armage » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:44 am

Hi there, I collaborated to the developing of this app and I really would appreciate any feedback about it.
This is the english version of an app that has been a great success here in Italy. It's among the 100 top apps of 2011 and we are very proud of it. Be warned, this is not soundboard, it responds to you, in the best way we could manage so far. We plan on improving it over time as we get more feedback.
I really hope you like it!

Here's an itunes link if you need it:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/k.i.t.t./id483230697?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tannim31
Rookie

Re: K.I.T.T. now on iOS

Post by Tannim31 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Nice, will you be porting it for Android anytime soon?

Armage
Volunteer

Post by Armage » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 am

Android version is definitely something we intend to do, but can't say when. I hope in a couple of months :)

vision2000
Stranger

Post by vision2000 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

hi there i have a android phone and would buy it if you bring it out for android

Armage
Volunteer

Post by Armage » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 pm

here's a small trailer-like video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snG1eToNbE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 am

sweet app armage!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:04 am

Very impressive app, Armage! Obviously a lot of work and detail went into making this. I especially like the accurate scanning effect when the phone is oriented horizontally, complete with theme music! The voicebox is eerily spot on too and I like how I can press the buttons on the side of it. KITT sure is talkative, although his voice recognition capability seems like it could use some work. I'll be the first to admit though, I have incredibly basic computer programming skills and can't even begin to imagine the complexities involved in making any kind of voice recognition app so I can deal with the difficulties, especially since this is version 1.0. I'm astounded at how many things KITT can say, and in William Daniels' voice no less! For $0.99, this is a complete steal in my opinion, a very high quality app that any diehard fan can't pass up! Keep up the amazing work!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Very cool app so far!!

Kudos!

-Matt

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Man,I hope this gets ported to Android.I'd definatly pay for the app.

Armage
Volunteer

Post by Armage » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:29 pm

thanks a lot for your appreciation. As any of you here, we are fond of this tv show as well and we did our best to give K.I.T.T. the personality he deserves. And we still are, as we have some ideas on the way.. We know that sometimes he may not sound as smart as he was... we have limitations of many kinds that some of you may imagine, human like AIs are still a dream.
Anyway as I write there's already an update that has been submitted to apple to address some early days issues, as well as improving the graphics of the loading screen. You'll like it! Too bad Apple team is in vacation these days and our update won't be on the store until the first days of january, or later :\
By the way, since we are not native english speakers, I fear that we weren't able to test K.I.T.T. the way we wanted. So if you happen to find a -regular- and inappropriate behaviour (like he doesn't understand something he should), you can report that to me, if you want (or use the form inside the app). It helps a lot.
For instance a reviewer found that he doesn't understand the phrase "hello" as he should, and that is one thing we are addressing in our first update.
Again, thanks... and merry christmas :)

kngtmat
Recruit

Post by kngtmat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Cool, I saw something like this for Android but my phone budget is limited to using the free stuff.

Armage
Volunteer

Post by Armage » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:47 am

So now version 1.2 is published (actually it's the 1.1 but we had to fix a small issue with the loading screen which had... disappeared). And we keep thinking about K.I.T.T. almost everyday, figuring out new ways to make him feel more real and smart as possible :)
I have a favor to ask to you who downloaded it, if you don't mind. Good reviews are so important for us so I'd like to ask to any of you who already wrote a review on the appstore, to write it again... so it should appear for the version 1.2 too... it means so much for us. That's all... just refresh the review you already wrote, nothing more :)
4 and 5 stars reviews bring us popularity and that encourage us to continue... thank you