Knight Rider - The Game mod!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Deveo
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Knight Rider - The Game mod!

Post by Deveo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 am

Hello everyone,

It's time to dust off your PC version of Knight Rider the Game from -sorry- Davilex! I'm currently working on a mod for the game which will make everything more 'bearable'. It's for the first game only, the second will follow shortly - I hope. With your help, I'd like to succesfully complete the mod. Sadly, because of the game's age (almost 10 years), the environment isn't editable with Nifskope anymore (or someone must know a more proper way to open a NetImmerse .opt file from 2001 - NetImmerse version 4.2.1.0 or lower). All the editable parts are:
- Special effects such as explosions, smoke, skid
- Vehicles
- textures (cars, characters)
- Sound
- Weather conditions

My major request is, however, can someone find a way to edit ancient Netimmerse .opt environment files? :?:

Here are some images - the first results. A better KITT and KARR (all made using Blender 3d and blueprints)
Major new features:
- A real Trans Am mesh and not some weird black box, Season 1/2 Nose and dash
- An interior (at last) with Michael Knight inside
- Proper wheels
- Natural engine sound
- Better music
- sound effects taken from the series: alarms, explosions and menu sounds

'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightprowl
Operative

Re: Knight Rider - The Game mod!

Post by knightprowl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:48 am

looks good so far man, tho i think ya should probbaly use tobies kitt and karr models from gta, they should work fine on it, or so id hope, and also make the flag semi and goliath better, alot better cause they suck ass, id ask msken if he would let ya use his stuff tho he planly said no not now but later on, eather way you can use mine, they suck but if your good at modeling with 3ds max then maybe ya can make em from scratch? cause id love to have a accurate flag semi from season 4 and goliath too, eather way its a good start, id try doing as much as possable man, hell maybe even a freeroam feature? no missions, just drive around the maps, or make more maps? idk if thats possable but it would be nice, like a whole new game, everything to the max, anyways id help but idk nothing about modding these kinda games, just gta, but if ya could maybe help me learn abit i could try it? beats being bored half the time, anyways add me to facebook man if ya got it, we can talk there, anyways if ya dont got facebook then maybe msn? ill pm ya the info, anyways ttyl peace

crashb648
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by crashb648 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 am

Now i certainly approve of this! This is a fantastic way to improve the original game. I can't help with the files, but i support his 100%!
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:12 am

Hello again,

First of all, thank you for all the positive comments!
Second, the 2nd game will be more interesting to edit as there's much more editable (and much more things to fix, starting with that dumb laser popping out of KITT's hood, WHY??). But I'll finish this game first.

There are some things in which I have to dissapoint you. I'm not a pro in game editing, so most of the things I'm able to edit are the visible parts. That means there isn't going to be a Michael Knight-part (but msKen will fix that in his Fan Game) or a GTA-like free-roaming. I can remodel Goliath, but the semi is not editable as it is a part of the game's environment and not a stand-alone vehicle.

I think it's best to explain a bit of the game's structure first.

Both of the games are based on the NetImmerse (nowadays called Gamebryo) game engine. The modeling, as far as I know, is done in 3dStudio. Please keep in mind that the game and the software is getting ancient....

Vehicles are .nif files, which i can open, edit and save over with several useful programs.

The game missions, however, do not take place in one big environment, but in seperately modeled tracks. Those tracks are converted into .opt files, which I can partially open, but not save back.

So that's not going to change - although I can change weather conditions and lightning settings. So, if you'd like to fight the final battle with KARR in the night, that's possible.

The track files used in KR1 are not supported by the program I use, it only loads some street signs and bouding boxes. The KR2 tracks are getting better results, some even load completely, but still I can't save them.

Last but not least, here are the things to edit(sorted by priority)
- Accurate Goliath model
- Special effects
- Music/sound
- more lifelike traffic
- .ini files for editing the amount of challenge
- lightning/wheather improvement

Please note that I'm doing this in my spare time, some new possibilities may appear troughout the progress - and it may take some time...
'Playing a video game where circles eat blobs is hardly getting into computers.'

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:03 am

I just made a vimeo channel for the stuff, movies always work better than screenshots. The video quality is not good, that won't happen again. :oops:

This is a sneak preview for the sounds! You can hear parts of the music, an explosion sound and KITT's complaints about my driving :mrgreen:

http://vimeo.com/32317869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 am

thanks for the reply, and ok thats fine, well in that case im not gonna help, id rather play gta mods then the game, anyways i still think ya should and could use tobies kitt and karr models, but if not oh well, anyways ttyl peace

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Great work on the mod so far.I like how you made Michael Knight from scratch from the pics inbetween gave levels.The tan interior needs to be a bit brighter tan than that dark aphoulstry.The screws on the hubcaps need to be darker.Do you have a prewview image of the new dashboard you're working on?I always felt just use the shows dashboard and just replace a few healthbars like turbo boost,health etc.If you need any help with pics or sounds just pm me.I've got everything you need for reference material.I have experience modding games like all the gta games,need for speed,and worked on a bunch of teams to help beta test 10 kitts by now for different games.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:38 am

Nice mod, this is how KITT & KARR should've been from the beginning in the game :) Maybe the rims might need a little further attention but even as it is now it looks million times better than Davilex's effort.
I don't know anything about modding games so unfortunately can't help you.

Wouldn't it be nice to have well made Knight Rider game for current consoles & PC in HD, maybe even 3D :) At very least KITT and other moviecars should be available as DLC for driving games like Gran Turismo 5 & Forza 4, TDU2 included ;)

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:05 am

Thank you all for the comments! The Michael Knight model is not made by me, but comes from the 2nd game (that little animation of Michael walking to a factory door). However, I have made a Michael Knight and Devon Miles model myself which I'll put in in the final version. The inbetween game pics will be modified also, to give a more lifelike look. To get a sneak peek, here's a render I did from the 3d models I made. Included are: the Mansion, Devon, Michael, KITT and some renewed traffic (although you can hardly see the traffic :roll: )
This is very close to the quality of the final in-game pics.

I wish I could improve the interior cam also, making it look left when steering left and shake in a collision. Sadly, the cam is integrated in the dash model and can't be modified. The dash itself however will get a complete makeover, including a wheel with Michaels hands on it.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:40 am

---------------UPDATE!------------------

Good news! Knight Rider the Game 2 is also editable. Time to get it back to what it should have been. Perhaps I'll make 2 mods out of that - one from the 80's and one for 2008. Let me know what you think about that!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

looking good man, cant wait to see more, anyways ya gonna use tobies models? looks like his interior, eather way it looks good, keep it up, anyways ttyl peace

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:56 am

Check your personal messages Deveo.I sent you the info you requested.Looking forward to helping you get this mod running.

Two Three
Volunteer

Post by Two Three » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm

good luck pal,looks good

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:19 am

Hello everyone,

The 2nd game is in progress now, too. This will be a heavier amount of diffirence as I want to make everything more series-like. Updates will hopefully come shortly, meanwhile here are some screens and vids from the 2nd game. A new texture for Michael and the new laser!

The wheels still need to be textured though.

The MK texture is shown in the video which will be online on Vimeo in half an hour.
http://vimeo.com/user9325907" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 am

Good news once again!

I have Tobie's permission to use his GTA models in the game! This will be a huge improvement for KITT, KARR and above all Goliath. Now the only thing needed is a license for Zmodeler to import the GTA meshes. I don't use Zmodeler for modeling but it seems very useful to me as you can edit thousands of games with it.

I've uploaded a new video to Vimeo showing some moving footage of the following new features:
- improved scanner animation
- laser (still goes orange when battling Goliath, Karr and the ice in level 1, I hope to fix that soon)
- wheel texture. Will still be temporarely though as I'm going to use Tobies models.

-KITT, Soul Survivor

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:56 am

hey man, if ya need a fully registered zmod 2 i got one, and its on my 4shared for whoever needs it so link is below, version is older, 2.2.2 build 964, but it should be good enough, zmod 1 is free of course, also i suggest using 3ds max, if ya need me to unlock any models of his let me know and ill do it cause thats what i did to edit em in max, with a tool called rw analyzer but thats gta stuff man, anyways let me know which cars you need unlocked and ill unlock em then upload em for ya, also i dont mind ya using my goliath and flag semi, but i dont want ya to, i want you to make a better goliath from scratch, as good as possable and as accurate as possable, so plz do that, cause then i can convert it to gta if ya would let me, anyways let me know man, also i sent ya a pm about somethings because they told me to remove it from my posts, anyways good luck and get back to me via pm, anyways ttyl peace

http://www.4shared.com/file/0qvpd4V3/Zm ... ld964.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by knightprowl on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:01 am

Hi KnightProwl,

Please remove all the references to illegal activity from your post, and take those discussions to PM, as they can endanger our community if the copyright holders get wind of it.

Many thanks. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:57 am

sry about that, its been changed and i pmed him, anyways ttyl peace

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:01 am

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 am

no problem, dont wanna cause a problem nor get banned for copyright stuff, anyways ttyl peace

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi there,

I know, it's been a long time, but converting Tobies models turned out to be a real challenge... Still, here's a screen of what I've got so far. The interior view is taken from my gamefile editor. There's still a lot of work to be done.

msKen removed the pics I posted before by accident, but don't worry, i'm still working on the game!

-KITT, Soul Survivor

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Wow, that looks very impressive. So the interior view, im guessing you will get Kitt's voicebox to work when kitt is speaking?

Have you got an official website for this? It will be interesting to see all the photos/news/videos in one place :)

And have you got my email? Or is it lost? Should i resend it?
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Deveo
Operative

Post by Deveo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:11 am

Hi guys!

I know, it's been a long time once again. But now I finally have some more news! Here is the first minute of the renewed gameplay! Due to Fraps the video doesn't run so smooth, in real the game runs better. Here it is:

http://vimeo.com/34216729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I've renewed the characters in the game, using the ones I modeled myself. Here are some renders with:
Devon Miles - regular suit
Michael Knight - season 4 version
Bonnie Barstow - KITT vs KARR costume (her smile needs to be fixed but isn't used in the game)

-KITT, Soul Survivor

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 am

Crap, I'm 5 years late but bro this is absolutely amazing! Is the mod done?

AFTON ROBOTICS
Recruit

Post by AFTON ROBOTICS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Assasinge wrote:Crap, I'm 5 years late but bro this is absolutely amazing! Is the mod done?
me two :dash: