DH wants to resurrect 'Knight Rider' with Simon Cowell

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sfusco3
Rookie

DH wants to resurrect 'Knight Rider' with Simon Cowell

Post by sfusco3 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-a ... 01603.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Hasselhoff wants to resurrect 'Knight Rider' with Simon Cowell voicing the show's iconic talking car.

The actor-and-singer wants to make a film of the 80s TV series and he wants his crime-fighting character Michael Knight's super-powered car KITT, which could speak, to be voiced by 'The X Factor' star.

David thinks Simon's firm tones and English accent would perfectly suit the vehicle, which was voiced in the originally series by William Daniels.

Speaking of his plans, David told the Daily Star newspaper: "It's a great show, it was a fun show. I've got quite a few quid to buy the rights so we'll see what happens."

David, 59, has previously worked for Simon as a judge on his TV show 'America's Got Talent', and later on the UK version of the show, 'Britain's Got Talent', and they are thought to be good friends.

While David - who also starred in 'Baywatch' - has moved on from his role as Michael Knight, many people still associate him with it, including his own father.

He previously said: "My dad still calls me Michael, because of Michael Knight. A lot of people do - I even used to be Michael Knight on my answering machine."

Alex
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: DH wants to resurrect 'Knight Rider' with Simon Cowell

Post by Alex » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm

This is good news,

I think that it is a good idea gives the voice Simon Cowell of the car KITT.

Remember all that is necessary to save the new TV series Knight Rider.

Alex

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 am

sfusco3 wrote:
Speaking of his plans, David told the Daily Star newspaper: "It's a great show, it was a fun show. I've got quite a few quid to buy the rights so we'll see what happens."
Probably too soon to speculate but a few questions come to mind.

When he said he's got quite a few quid to buy the rights,does that mean he has to get them from Glen Larson or Universal Studios?Would that also mean Glen would have to give his OK to David and Simon and give him credit like the 2 hour movie had its problems with that factor?With Glen sueing for more money for his projects will this be a problem for this reboot?

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 am

William Daniels not asked? Voicing a few lines now and then at his age, might not be trouble -- some people enjoy working at old age. Composer Ruyssell Garcia is 95 and actively going around performing with orchestras.

A relative of mine told me about a 100 year old Hindu guy who's running a marathon, doing 26 miles.

All he's gotta do is say, "Right away, Michael". :mrgreen:

If the Hoff is serious, he first has to kick the drinking habit; I've knopwn two drunks, and until you do that, nothing like will EVER work; it will go down in flames.

If he re-watches the series, regains the "feel", and checks the facts (heck, us this board to check up on info), and gather corn fans who write great fanfiction, we could have a heck of a show. Don Peake and Stu Phillips are still alive and composing. Heck, Peake posts online at a film score messege board from time-to-time (filmscoremonthly.com).
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 am

Apparently David did write a good script for KR 2000, so who knows what he can do for the film. But getting Cowell for the voice? Er, no! That would have "spoof" written all over it. If he ever gets the rights then he needs to take it seriously, not make it a joke!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Two words in the opening post of this thread stick out like a sore thumb ... Daily Star ... here in the UK, that's a
very trashy showbiz obsessed tabloid paper not exactly renowned for reputable and truthful printed journalism.

On this subject, there is more than a hint of that distinct smell of ... male bovine excrement!