It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 am

After much thought and financial consideration, Daniel and I representing Knights of the West Coast will be attending. We are delighted to support our good friends Catherine Hickland, Rebecca Holden, Michael Scheffe, and Ron Martinez. Memberships are paid and the hotel booked. I'm looking forward to enjoying what promises to be a fun event on the east coast.

Good job Mark. See you in July.

=NN=
:dash:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Membership Deadline

Post by kitt1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:07 pm

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Membership Deadline

Well...we're just a little over two weeks away from the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 membership deadline of April 30, 2011. After April 30th memberships go from $50.00 to $60.00 per person. If you're planning to attend, you should go ahead and send your money in. This is shaping up to be one great KNIGHT RIDER event. Attendees are coming from all over, and as far away as California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, etc... Don't miss out on this KNIGHT RIDER event that everyone is talking about.

This will be the first time that Michael Scheffe will be doing an in-depth talk about the creation and building of KITT with build photos and production sketches recently found in his file archives. Also, the lovely and talented ladies of KNIGHT RIDER, Rebecca Holden and Catherine Hickland. And returning for his 2nd appearance at SOUTHERN KNIGHTS, KNIGHT RIDER producer Ron Martinez with more great stories about the production of KNIGHT RIDER and his many years in the film and television industry. If you were there last year, you know just what I mean. Don't forget some fun entertainment at the KNIGHT WITH THE STARS on Saturday night.

I am very much looking forward to this event and meeting even more fellow KNIGHT RIDER enthusiasts and conversion builders. Let me say again. EVERYONE is welcome to attend. You don't have to have a KITT or KARR conversion to come. And if you do have a car, it doesn't need to be a completed car. If you have a car in any point of completion, please bring it. We're all at different stages with our conversions. The more cars, the merrier!

Please Paypal your payment to mpuette@hotmail.com and include the names of all attendees you are sending payments for. Also,if you have ANY questions or comments concerning SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA, please feel free to contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com. If by chance you do not have Paypal, contact me and I'll work out another payment method with you. Don't forget to go to the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to make your hotel reservations.

Thanks to everyone in advance, and let's make this another fun event to make some good memories and some great friends!

warmest regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Membership Deadline

Post by kitt1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:31 am

Just to remind everyone, this Friday, April 30th is the deadline for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA memberships at the $50.00 rate. Then they go up to $60.00. I urge everyone that's coming to go ahead and get your membership. Paypal your money, $50.00 per attendee to mpuette@hotmail.com. Also, you need to go ahead and make your hotel reservations. Go to the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and go to the HOTEL & MEMBERSHIPS page and click, CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ROOM! Then go to the gray block on the left titled CHECK RATES & AVAILABILITY and click FIND. Then follow through.

This KNIGHT RIDER event is not to be missed. Last year was a blast. This year will be even better!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Clearing Something Up About SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Post by kitt1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 am

OK, here's the deal. When I started planning the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 event, and I decided to have the "A Knight With The Stars" entertainment portion on Saturday night, I suggested to a couple of people that it would be nice if everyone dressed a little nicer for that portion of the show. I was just hoping to make the night special. At no time did I ever state that there was an official "DRESS CODE" for the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 event. However, apparently somehow this has gotten blown entirely out of proportion. I even received a phone call from a friend in Tennessee that said he met a guy at a car cruise-in and they got to talking about KNIGHT RIDER. My friend asked him if he had heard about my event in Atlanta. He said yes, but he heard there was a "DRESS CODE" and he wasn't going. Folks, this is how rumors get started and because of mis-communication and mis-information, it can hurt the attendance of this event.

Let me state for the record. THERE IS NO "DRESS CODE" FOR THE SOUTHERN KNIGHTS 2011 EVENT! Everyone that attends the event can dress as they please and be themselves. I want this to be a fun event where everyone can meet and interact with others that share an interest in KNIGHT RIDER and KITT/KARR conversion building. If you have heard this RUMOR and have any questions about it or any details about the event, please feel free to contact me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com.

I would like to invite EVERYONE to attend and have as many people as possible at this fun event. We had a great time last year and it looks to be even better this year. We have people attending from all over the US and some from outside the US. It also looks like we're going to have a nice turnout of cars. Like I've said before, you do not have to have a complete conversion. We are all at different stages of completion on our cars.

So don't miss out on this fantastic KNIGHT RIDER event. For membership and hotel information, go to the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or contact me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Clearing Something Up About SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:08 pm

You think Michael Knight would ever skip out on a good time simply because of what people were wearing? Of course not! So Y'all just get yerselves down to Atlanta and enjoy the Hot Southern Knights!

(sorry, I'm a Yank so I can't do justice to the accent.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Clearing Something Up About SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Post by kitt1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Mike,
Thanks for the positive comment. This will be the ONLY Knight Rider event on the Eastcoast in 2011. It looks like the price of gas is actually going down. If anyone has been on the fence about attending because of the price of gas, it's not too late to come. This event will have programing that no other Knight Rider event has ever had. As stated before, Michael Scheffe will be giving a talk about his career and the creation of KITT useing sketches and build photos never before seen. This alone is worth attending. Also our other guests, Rebecca Holden, Catherine Hickland, and Ron Martinez will be giving talks about their careers and involvment with Knight Rider. All talks will include QUESTION & ANSWER time allowing fans to ask those questions they have always wanted answered. Thanks to everyone that has already pre-registered and made hotel reservations. If you are planning to attend, I suggest you go ahead and get registered and make your hotel reservations. I look forward to meeting everyone.

regards,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Michael Pajaro wrote:You think Michael Knight would ever skip out on a good time simply because of what people were wearing? Of course not! So Y'all just get yerselves down to Atlanta and enjoy the Hot Southern Knights!

(sorry, I'm a Yank so I can't do justice to the accent.)

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA Hotel Deadline

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

This is to update everyone. The deadline for booking hotel rooms for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 is July 8, 2011. This will be the last day to reserve a room at the special room rate of $82.00 per night. A limited number of rooms were set aside. Rooms are going fast and are first come, first served. Don't miss out. I just checked with the hotel and got a list of those that have booked so far. I compared it with my membership list and see that there are those registerted for the show that have yet to book rooms. Go here to book rooms...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any problems or questions about reserving your room, contact me. mpuette@hotmail.com

Also, gas prices are going down! A friend posted on Facebook this morning that he filled up this morning and paid $3.45 per gallon. I think that this is a good sign. Also, if you are still planning to attend, please send in your membership ASAP. This money is needed for expenses. Go here...

http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com/Hotel.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's make this a weekend to remember!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey Mark

Thanks for the Info...we get ready to fill stuff out soon :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:30 am

Whoo hoo! It's Dukesfest for KITT! Too bad David and Justin won't show up. Oh well. Any way I'd love to come to it, unfortunately my wife and kids are going camping that weekend. I work at night so it'd make it hard to come to anything like this or even camping for that matter. I'm also hoping to go to the Dukes Reunion in Sperryville VA in August. Are there going to be Mustang conversions as well?

David

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 pm

This is to update everyone. The deadline for booking hotel rooms for SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 is July 8, 2011. This will be the last day to reserve a room at the special room rate of $82.00 per night. A limited number of rooms were set aside. Rooms are going fast and are first come, first served. Don't miss out. I just checked with the hotel and got a list of those that have booked so far. I compared it with my membership list and see that there are those registerted for the show that have yet to book rooms. Go here to book rooms...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... p=resvlink

If you have any problems or questions about reserving your room, contact me. mpuette@hotmail.com

Also, gas prices are going down! A friend posted on Facebook this morning that he filled up this morning and paid $3.45 per gallon. I think that this is a good sign. Also, if you are still planning to attend, please send in your membership fee ASAP. This money is needed for expenses. Go here...

http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com/Hotel.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's make this a weekend to remember!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 am

This week we sign in...and KIFT will be with us :good:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 am

Just bumping this up. After this Friday the room rates will go up from the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA discount rate to the regular hotel room rate. Don't get left out on this great event. July 29 & 30 will be here before you know it. Another plus is that the price of gas is still going down. And, don't forget to send in your membership fee. We have people coming from all over the country. We even have someone coming from Canada. No, it's not Raven, but I wish he was coming. As I have said before, this is the ONLY Knight Rider event that Michael Scheffe will be doing a talk and presentation about the creation of KITT with original build photos and production sketches. A once in a lifetime opportunity to ask "The Man" any question about KITT that you wanted answered by the original creator.

Also, don't forget the lovely ladies of Knight Rider, Catherine Hickland and Rebecca Holden in their ONLY eastcoast Knight Rider event. And last but not least, the fantastic Ron Martinez, Knight Rider producer for all 4 years of the show. As anyone that was at last years event, Ron has some wonderful stories and memories to share from Knight Rider and his many years in the entertainment industry. There will also be Knight Rider vehicle replicas brought by attendees. Everything from completed replicas, ie. KITT, Convertible KITT, KARR, and vehicles in various stages of completion. However, you don't need a Knight Rider vehicle to attend the event.

Please try to join us for this fun Knight Rider weekend and meet some really nice people in the Knight Rider world and hobby. I almost forgot to mention that there will be some of the Knight Rider replica vendors attending. Such as Rob Louisell, Billy Gunter, Brenon Fullbright, and Eric Thompson.

I personally look forward to meeting everyone. If you have any questions, please go to the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or contact me directly at mpuette@hotmail.com

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

GameMachineJames
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by GameMachineJames » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Any chance you could round up some Team Knight Rider talents?

I need to know if I can bring some of my goodies to see about possible autographs.
Promotional Postcard Licensing Fair 1996
Series Bible
Style and Merchandising guide with original vectors.
"Get Ready To Ride" Poster
TKR Annual
SCREEN-USED TKR Sign from a Sky One Door

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey Friends

I know many of you guys lookin forward to see Becky and me @ the Southern Knight Atlanta but today something happend what could gives us problems to go over there. The starter of the our Dodge Stealth crashed, what means we have to get a new one wat cost us arround 200 Dollars plus the work in the garage. That means the money we saved for the Southern Knight Atlanta plus the Hotel is gone for the Dodge Stealth. Sad, but things like this happen, and my wife can not risk her job. No car, no job. When the starter is fixed we get warrenty on it but the money for Atlanta would be gone. We where looking forward to this and you can not belive how disapointed we both are that we can mayby not be there but things like this happen. Hopefully we will make the Trip and lookin forward to a nice time and meet new friends, but @ the moment my hopes are gone....

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:54 am

UPDATE! Friday July 8th was supposed to be the cut-off date on the special room rate at the hotel. After a talk with the folks at the Marriott, the deadline has been extended for another two weeks until Friday July 22nd. If you are still on the fence about coming to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA maybe this bit of news will sway you. To make your room reservations and pay your membership fees, go to the website... http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; go to the HOTEL & MEMBERSHIPS page and click CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ROOM! When you get to the next page, look to your left and see the gray block that says CHECK RATES AND AVAILABILITY. The discount code is already in the block. Use that block to make your reservations.

To pay your membership fees, Paypal $60.00 per membership to mpuette@hotmail.com Be sure to include a note with your payment giving the names, location, and web board name of all attendees. If you do not have Paypal, please contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com to work out an alternate payment method.

Don't miss out on this event. This will be the ONLY Knight Rider event on the eastcoast in 2011. Attendees are continually signing up. Hope to see you there!

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Yep, now its official: Southern Knights Atlanta its definitely not happen anymore for us. We had an accident, and our complete back window in the Dodge Stealth is crashed and it will cost us 300 Dollars!!!! We find a back windshield, that cost us around 128 Dollars, and last but not least 60 Dollars a Month extra to protect our car against future damage like this. There will be money left this but we need this for living. I know it is sad but @ least we are healthy and we are alive. The shock of this past Saturday is still in our bones. We just go to a hard time and my wife's makes the money so she needs her car. Things happen, that is live. I am sad but I have to deal with this, we get another chance to enjoy a festival with you friends, but its not working this time.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:28 am

I'm glad everyone is stoked about the event. Me too. I've been busy as hell with the final details, and I got to work on a movie with Jennifer Lopez on Thursday, July 21st. It's still not too late to attend. I can take payments via Paypal until this coming wednesday. After that, I am willing to take payment at the door. Also, after a discussion with the hotel, they will honor the special rate right up to the event. But, you have to make your reservations online. Just go to the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS website, go to the HOTEL & MEMBERSHIPS page and follow the link. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at mpuette@hotmail.com. I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great time.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 am

Only two days before the show Southern Knights Atlanta 2011.

Alex

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm

It's still not too late to come. I will take membership payments at the door and the hotel is still honoring the discount rate, right up to the event. However, if you don't pay, you don't get in. NO EXCEPTIONS! That's one reason why everyone will be issued name badges. That, and it makes it real easy to see who you're talking to. I hope K.I.T.T in MS can make it. I'm pulling a late night tonight getting things together to take to the hotel. I can't believe after all these months of planning, it's right here on top of us. There are a few people getting a jump on things and are already at the hotel. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Jump in the car and come on to Atlanta. If you don't , you'll regret it.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS