RIP Robert Foster

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

RIP Robert Foster

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... ter-202498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really sad to see this news.

Foster was responsible for the show as most people remember it, and wrote many of the show's very best installments - Hearts of Stone, Short Notice, Goliath, Soul Survivor, Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend, Goliath Returns, Knight of the Drones, Knight of the Juggernaut - not to mention contributing to the scripts of countless others, uncredited.

I have great, great respect for Mr. Foster as a writer and for his contribution to Knight Rider, and intend to make a donation in his honour. I can't thank him enough for all the hours of entertainment his stories have given me through the years.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jyd85
Operative

Re: RIP Robert Foster

Post by jyd85 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Thank you for the episodes and great memories, Mr. Foster. R.I.P.

If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Bows head in a moment of silence for the late,great Robert Foster.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:28 pm

Very sad news indeed, though I'm thankful for all the memories he gave me of my childhood. :)

The obits mentions donations to http://www.wrcnu.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in his name in leu of flowers. I'll make one from KRO for sure.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 am

I had the rare treat to speak with Robert "Don't Call Me Bob" Foster (as the crew fondly called him) over the phone in 2002 for Knight Rider Legacy. He was very gracious and had a lot of great stories about the show. I always wanted to speak with him again. He will be missed.

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:43 am

Sad news indeed. I hope he realizes the impact he had on people that grew up in the 80's loving Knight Rider. Rest in Peace, your legacy will live on in the hearts of all your fans.

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Iron KITT » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Very sad news indeed, the contributions Robert made to the show was what ultimately shaped the shows over-all atmosphere.

With many stand out episodes, characters and most importantly having Roberts influance on the show bringing great talent to the series day to day run, we were blessed with an incredible journey with hugely stand out adventures that is mentioned in previous posts.

While any show is a collabertive team effort, it takes everyone on the show to be on the same page and have the same passion to make the best show possible but its also those at the helm that set the tone, set the standard and drive the show forward in new directions.

Robert Foster will be missed most importantly by those close to him, his family, friends, those that worked with him and also by us, the fans of his work.

My thoughts with his loved ones.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Yes all i can say is what you guys have already said..
A very sad day indeed.. RIP Robert..