Season 4

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Season 4

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
That's been proved over and over with each attempt to bring the show back. The series owes a huge, huge debt to David Hasselhoff.
You just proved my point with a single sentence. Moderators, please put this statement on the front page of KRO.
And boost Hasselhoff's already inflated ego?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Everyone's got an ego. When you earn that kind of cash ego is your cup of tea, it's implicitly.

Fact of the matter is he did a great job with Knight Rider, and now chances are less than zero for a remake of the show.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Skav wrote:I think season 4 is quite underrated!

Season 4 also had some great writing! The villains were more hard edged and the series went back to the tone of the pilot. It was dark and the light-heartedness that was adopted by the first three seasons was mostly gone, save from a few moments here and there.
This will shock you, Skav - I actually found a few season four episodes that I liked! :wink: But those rare gems are the episodes that harked back to the earlier seasons, like Knight Racer (my overall favourite) and Redemption of a Champion. For the most part, I agree with Paul - season four just doesn't feel like the Knight Rider I love. Skav prefers the darker tone, but I missed the lighter, friendlier tone of seasons two and three - in some season four episodes, Michael and Kitt's relationship is set back to square one.

SPM was overused, C-mode, however cool it looked, sort of defeated the point of a bullet-proof car, but my award for Trying Too Hard goes to SID, that ridiculous remote control football in Hills of Fire. As comic relief, it's fine - one of Bonnie's rather more enthusiastic inventions - but the desperate attempt to establish 'SID' as a beloved character, like Kitt, pushed the joke a little too far. Everybody mourning 'his' demise at the end of the episode, then lo! Bonnie has repaired/made another one. Cue cheers and laughter.
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Everyone's got an ego.
Even homeless people? :lol:

Anyway, I said over inflated. Which it is.
SadArticle wrote:
Skav wrote:I think season 4 is quite underrated!

Season 4 also had some great writing! The villains were more hard edged and the series went back to the tone of the pilot. It was dark and the light-heartedness that was adopted by the first three seasons was mostly gone, save from a few moments here and there.
This will shock you, Skav - I actually found a few season four episodes that I liked! :wink: But those rare gems are the episodes that harked back to the earlier seasons, like Knight Racer (my overall favourite) and Redemption of a Champion. For the most part, I agree with Paul - season four just doesn't feel like the Knight Rider I love. Skav prefers the darker tone, but I missed the lighter, friendlier tone of seasons two and three - in some season four episodes, Michael and Kitt's relationship is set back to square one.

SPM was overused, C-mode, however cool it looked, sort of defeated the point of a bullet-proof car, but my award for Trying Too Hard goes to SID, that ridiculous remote control football in Hills of Fire. As comic relief, it's fine - one of Bonnie's rather more enthusiastic inventions - but the desperate attempt to establish 'SID' as a beloved character, like Kitt, pushed the joke a little too far. Everybody mourning 'his' demise at the end of the episode, then lo! Bonnie has repaired/made another one. Cue cheers and laughter.
SARAH!! It's been years since we've talked! How have you been? :D

Redemption of a Champion is a good episode for it's story and showing off some celebrity boxers, but other than that it's pretty generic. I do like it because I love boxing!

I like both the dark and lighter tones of the show. And I change my mind all the time as to which is my favourite season. It's either season 2 or 4. It depends which side of the bed I wake up. :mrgreen:

Hills of Fire was a bit of a joke, though. It was the last few episodes to be aired so I can cut it some slack since the season got really bad toward the end.

It's just a shame that they couldn't redeem the season by putting Scent of Roses in it's correct position!

Oh yeah, just for you, Sarah......Stevie and Michael forever!!! :lol:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:41 am

Skav wrote: SARAH!! It's been years since we've talked! How have you been? :D

Redemption of a Champion is a good episode for it's story and showing off some celebrity boxers, but other than that it's pretty generic. I do like it because I love boxing!

I like both the dark and lighter tones of the show. And I change my mind all the time as to which is my favourite season. It's either season 2 or 4. It depends which side of the bed I wake up. :mrgreen:

It's just a shame that they couldn't redeem the season by putting Scent of Roses in it's correct position!

Oh yeah, just for you, Sarah......Stevie and Michael forever!!! :lol:
Hey, Skav! :D Yeah, I sort of drift in and out, or lurk and delurk, but I always love the show. Well, most of it :wink:

Redemption is more of a traditional episode, which is why I don't mind it. Season two would have to be my overall favourite, despite the lack of Bonnie - more 'classic' episodes, and the show hadn't yet started taking itself too seriously.

And I'm sorry, I don't understand the reference: Stevie who? :P (Nope, SOR is not on my list of watchable episodes. I gave White Bird the benefit of the doubt, and nearly gagged.)
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Skav wrote:
Knight-Armen wrote:Everyone's got an ego.
Even homeless people? :lol:

Anyway, I said over inflated. Which it is.
Don't hassle the Hoff? :D
Skav wrote:Redemption of a Champion is a good episode for it's story and showing off some celebrity boxers, but other than that it's pretty generic. I do like it because I love boxing!
I like "Redemption" too. I love when Michael goes to K.I.T.T., "I think I'm about to have my head handed to me." And the whole sequence in the dam is pretty awesome.
Skav wrote:Hills of Fire was a bit of a joke, though. It was the last few episodes to be aired so I can cut it some slack since the season got really bad toward the end.
Hm. I think this episode is actually quite good, of course with the exception of S.I.D. But I don't think that character alone should classify the episode as one of the weaker ones. It was pretty absurd to see a soccer ball with three giant antennas which were quite obviously being held by strings float around. But I think the plot of the episode is pretty good and the showdown with the ATV at the end was great. It's also a rare occasion where K.I.T.T. was actually outperformed by another vehicle on the hill.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:39 am

I just realised that one of my friends, who is new to KR, watched Hills of Fire on youtube. How that episode didn't turn him off from watching more episodes, I'll never know. haha.