A Complete KI3T Replica

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt2k
Operative

A Complete KI3T Replica

Post by kitt2k » Tue May 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Well a little over a year after the start of this project, and finally there is one Mustang KITT replica that is 98 percent show accurate, with another one I know of right behind! Minus a carbon fiber front air splitter, and a new, more show accurate scanner, (which is in the works) everything else is just about as close as you can get.

Anyway, since the board has been a bit slow thought I would share these. First four pictures were taken this past weekend at a Free Comic Day event. Last one was right after my return home from KRF in Vegas

If you are a KITT Mustang fan, enjoy!

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: A Complete KI3T Replica

Post by krkitt1 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Looks Great!!! I see you got the HID's in. I got the new ORB but they sent the wrong size again..... I wanted to get it in before the carshow this weekend. Well lets see, I still have the rear bumper, steering wheel, red seat inserts (maybe), new scanner and finish the ORB. WOW!! I feel like I just started again.... also the HID's

knightrider11
Volunteer

Post by knightrider11 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 am

Looks great man, congratulation on a job well done, all you need to do now is lower it. I to have replicas oh hero, attack mode and KARR but jut the 1/18 scale die-case version.
drKNIGHT

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:26 am

Looks great! Where'd you get the HIDs at?

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed May 11, 2011 11:04 am

lphill01 wrote:Looks great! Where'd you get the HIDs at?
I got them off of ebay, same place lots of the parts for this project came from. Took about six months to get them both, but got them for MUCH LESS than the dealer lists them for!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Looks great :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Hey John, Where did you get the seats and door panels from. I'm working on the face plate today and installed the new scanner. Got the engine all clean for this weekends show.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Looks awesome. Like the General Lee replica next to it, too.

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:09 pm

your car ROCKS dude! can you take my photo in it at the next festival

=MAGIC T=

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 pm

It Looks FANTASTIC!!! You did a Awesome Job on it. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:02 am

I just go the momo wheels and the KR muffler .Where did you get the seats, doors panel ,orb , under dash light ans
d strip ? ? also for the HID can you tell us the place ? thanks a lot

buckolaci
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by buckolaci » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Looks great. Probably the best Mustang KITT I've ever seen.
One man can make a difference

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm

buckolaci wrote:Looks great. Probably the best Mustang KITT I've ever seen.
Thank you for the kind words!
Pierre wrote:I just go the momo wheels and the KR muffler .Where did you get the seats, doors panel ,orb , under dash light ans
d strip ? ? also for the HID can you tell us the place ? thanks a lot
Well the seats I and doors were done at a local upholstery shop here in Colorado after I bought the red Ford insert material, very economical way to do it. The GT500KR headrests I had also had done here locally at an embroidery shop after I took a couple screen grabs of it, and worked them to where they were the correct size. Same with the orb back piece, took lots of screen grabs, and had it cut by a local plastic shop,then I put the correct mesh on it, as well as the other vents in the car. The orb itself can be found on ebay for about 50.00. Same with the hid headlights, just kept hunting them out on ebay until I found them for sale for well below what Ford asks for them, I just had to be patient, eventually they both showed up, just about 6 months from each other.
I guess that the short answer to your question, is that I had my stuff made locally for my replica, so there is no business I can point you to to buy it.
magictorch wrote:your car ROCKS dude! can you take my photo in it at the next festival

=MAGIC T=
Thank you sir!! Well if it shows up again, I will be happy to let you sit in the drivers seat and take all the pictures you want, but after my experience at the last Festival with this car and how it was treated by the event staff, while I will probably go because I am a big KR fan, the Mustang, however, will most likely be sitting it out. Unless you are a car owner who is on the inside track with certain event organizers, you will deeply regret how much time, money and effort taking your KITT to the Festival will cost you for a very very marginal return, at least this was my experience on the car part of it. Meeting the KR celebrities, and other KR enthusiasts though was great!

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 pm

where do you get the blue lights by the upper dash i cant find them anywhere. Also i heard they come with a switch by the driver side. If you can link me to where I can buy them it would be greatly appreciated thanks

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

thanks for the tips but since I live in france how can I get red material from ford? and eventually can you do for me the headrest? I'll send you money via paypal

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 am

pierre u sound like your closer in making kitt then I am lol. i need to get back to work i hope i get this job next week hehe. focusing on building kitt. with 80% accuracy.

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:40 am

blackthorntk wrote:where do you get the blue lights by the upper dash i cant find them anywhere. Also i heard they come with a switch by the driver side. If you can link me to where I can buy them it would be greatly appreciated thanks
Are you referring to the smaller blue lights over the vents, the longer sections over the speedo and passenger air bag, or both?
Pierre wrote:thanks for the tips but since I live in france how can I get red material from ford? and eventually can you do for me the headrest? I'll send you money via paypal
Well I would check with a local upholstery shop in France for the material, I bet they will be able to secure some, or something pretty close. When you are ready for the head rests, let me know, I am sure I can help you out.