Knight Rider Festival III - Las Vegas - March 18-19, 2011

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

msKEN
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Festival III - Las Vegas - March 18-19, 201

Post by msKEN » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 am

I had a great time in Vegas! I still haven't left yet lol but I'm looking forward to my flight home tomorrow. I'll posts my pics and videos soon! If magictorch is the type of person that will be representing the Atlanta event then I think I will just stay home for that one!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:08 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:
chrisjones wrote:But he's a VIP don't you know!? I Jest
You are not helping.

We just came off of Knight RIder Festival III, a huge event that brought together fans of the show from literally around the world. This is a time for celebration, when the entire fandom should be feeling revitalized and excited about this great and sometimes silly hobby of ours. Every one of us - EVERY ONE - has a choice to make whenever we post to this forum: we can choose to move discussions in a positive way, or a negative way. And that choice shows the world what kind of person we are.

Choose wisely.
Indeed we have that choice...
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 am

rucode4 wrote:I loved the festival, the party was fantastic...

I had a great time, although the guy selling the trading cards on Saturday, did a small switch as I purchased the set. He grab a set, as he was about to give me the set he took them out and noticed that they had a special rare card inside so as he gave me the set, he switched it! Yup, I got the one without the special card and only noticed it afterwards..Oh well.

Ooops my bad,sorry there man,also sorry to Nick....We had the preview set up as people wanted to see it and there was the rare card also as Nick said there was a lot of chaos going with Merchandising so again my apologies and Im sure Nick will help you out.

Again sorry,also sorry to Nick....
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

magictorch
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by magictorch » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

I am sorry to all the memebers who post here, and more importantly sorry to the moderation staff on the website, I did not mean to dampen the Vegas Festival and how damn fine it looked
I do however still stand by my posts about the questionable morals mr Nugent stands behind, every thing he does is for self gain and his ego.
For me to be questioned on "what do you do for charity" was not the issue here, I simply asked in kindness if Mr Casey was OK with Mr Nugent making a living through the festival
I also know there are many many of members here thinking wow we wish we would dare speak out too about this guy
thats all for now and again sorry to the rest of the board

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

magictorch wrote:I am sorry to all the memebers who post here, and more importantly sorry to the moderation staff on the website, I did not mean to dampen the Vegas Festival and how damn fine it looked
I do however still stand by my posts about the questionable morals mr Nugent stands behind, every thing he does is for self gain and his ego.
For me to be questioned on "what do you do for charity" was not the issue here, I simply asked in kindness if Mr Casey was OK with Mr Nugent making a living through the festival
I also know there are many many of members here thinking wow we wish we would dare speak out too about this guy
*Virtual Hi-5*

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:25 pm

magictorch wrote:I am sorry to all the memebers who post here, and more importantly sorry to the moderation staff on the website, I did not mean to dampen the Vegas Festival and how damn fine it looked
- You may question me all you like - my friends and more importantly my actions speak louder than words. If you have some issue with me, feel free to express it in a PM.

For the fans who attended Knight Rider Festival III was an enjoyable success that raised money for charity as it was intended to do. I did my part since last July for this event and I did everything I said I would do after the event was concluded. I treated everyone with respect and gave them as much attention as I could spare amidst a plethora of obstacles and the good things I did, the really good deeds that show what kind of man I am - those are the stories you don't hear about because it's not about me - it's about seeing the smiles on fans faces when something is done for them not out of personal gain or finiancial profit - but because I happen to care to make dreams come true however I can manage to do so even at the cost of my own desires or needs.

That's what making a difference is all about.

Thanks.

=VK=
:dash:

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 am

In my opinion, if Mr. Casey had a problem with Nick (or Mr. Peake, as he was also selling his CDs at the festival), then he wouldn't have invited either of them.
Nick has put in a lot of his time and energy to design the shirts and posters (which promote Mr. Casey's festival at no charge to him, I might add), for very little gain. The whole reason Nick hasn't offered more than the one run on these items is because of the enormous cost to himself to have them made.
All I have to say is, "Keep up the great work, Nick!" and I hope we get another festival next year where I can purchase another of your wonderfully designed shirts, and whatever other great collectibles you care to design!
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:55 am

I believe Nick actually mentioned that he was making little or no profit from the t-shirts, cards and posters. And that deserves appreciation. Why would it not?

The petty conflicts are showing the immaturity of this community!

Nick can't be that money minded because he's done a lot of things for free, including myself. He's even throwing in some cards in for my order which I did not ask for. I only ordered the posters and shirts.

Does that sound like a snake oil businessman to you? Obviously a lot of people on here haven't experienced meeting or dealing with snake oil businessmen before, because that inexperience is really showing through.

Maybe Mr. Casey will decide to spend $$$ out of his own pocket next year to give fans event memorabilia, then we won't have this problem, will we.

:roll:
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 am

Nick has been so gracious to me since I met him at the 2nd festival and its sad to see all this hate for him.If it wasnt for him we wouldnt even have our Festival Shirts or posters or the other things we had.Seriously hate seeing this :(
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:12 pm

You honestly think there wouldn't be posters or shirts??

PerTheSwede
Stranger

Post by PerTheSwede » Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

More photos less bickering - from a Newbie!!

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Knight Rider festival next year will be fantastic, its worth going to put faces to the names you have never met, see the KITT cars, see the stars of the show and help Paul raise money for his charity

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

This year I will be at the celebrations, I know a lot more fans will be at the event in Las Vegas since the departure of captain fingers.
I would ask all those kind folks who PM me and email me to attend the show, and join in the fun too

The hobby and forums are a cleaner ,safer place for us all to enjoy and continue to share the work of our mentor Mr Larson!.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:58 am

Paul Casey's announcement about KRF4 was moved to its own thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And magictorch has been sent a private warning from me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com