Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by Pierre » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 am

DOn't worry I love your product I'm just a curious guy actually I would never sold my car cause they are very rare in france And I loved it so much ^^

My only complain is to not having enought money to make the car like I want. I'm also really interested of the screen and the HUD in the futur if I have the money of course

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:35 am

taoworm2323 wrote:He is the only customer I ever had that I had to put on a ban list.
He bad mouths my parts when he can because he's upset I won't sell him an Orb or any other K3000 part because he treated me in such a ass-hat-ish way when I made him a scanner.
Really, I am mad because you banned me from buying more of your products. No there Josh, I DO NOT, NOR WILL EVER WANT any of your stuff. The one piece I made the mistake of buying from you is complete JUNK, and having seen the others you "made" at the Festival, they are as well. I am wondering when my leds are going to fade, and start going out like the others I saw that came from you.

Also, I have a voice orb, and it is pretty darn neat, and looks EXACTLY like the one on the show, and guess what, I did it myself for less than 100.00, not the outlandish price you charge for your orb that looks nothing like the one used in the show. and then requires the customer spend another 4-6 hundred dollars to make it work, outragish in MY opinion.
kitt2k wrote:
Also, what happens with the vents being blocked with all that? I bet that if you run the cooling, and it has no where to go that you will frost up your speedo gauges, possibly causing more damage to your car

Nothing of the sort happens John! Stop lying!
The air blows stronger out of the other two side vents. No condensation. No problems.
Ask anyone who has my Orb installed.
I did ask them, and I have it from FIRST hand information that this does happen with your orb. If the person who told me this wishes to explain further, he/she can chime in.

Bottom line Josh, I have been in this hobby for a long time, built two KITT cars now and have seen many vendors, their products, and business practices, and you are on the wrong side of all these criteria, enough so that I as a responsible replica builder feel I should share MY opinions and concerns regarding you in the hope of educating future replica builders from making the mistakes I, and possible others have with you. Plus, I am not a vendor out peddling my design, so its not like I am saying don't buy from him, buy from me instead, when I am not offering what I have made for sale. Now if in hearing MY opinions of your product, and someone still chooses to buy from you, I wish them all the best and happiness in what they have selected for their replica.

On a personal note, I knew you would not show in Vegas. You are all talk, and nothing more. Where is your electric Mustang that is so super cool,and the neatest replica ever? Only in your head, thats where. My complete KI3K Mustang only has one flaw from being a perfect replica, and it is "your" recastor quality, NON show accurate piece of junk scanner that you ripped off from ebay for 20.00 and then turn around and resell for 600 claiming it to be your design, a problem I am working on fixing. Here's hoping no one else has to make the same mistake I, and others have made by choosing you.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Don't play the "concerned replica owner" John. You have been out to smear me.
You make a lot of judgments on my parts when you have only owned my scanner. (And your works perfectly too)

I didn't make it to Las Vegas this year not because I am "all talk" but because my KI3T is still not fixed after my head on accident. Everyone knows this.
kitt2k wrote:Also, I have a voice orb, and it is pretty darn neat, and looks EXACTLY like the one on the show, and guess what, I did it myself for less than 100.00, not the outlandish price you charge for your orb that looks nothing like the one used in the show. and then requires the customer spend another 4-6 hundred dollars to make it work, outragish in MY opinion.

Post some pictures so we can see how accurate your voice orb is John.
Does yours talk to you in the voice of Val Kilmer like mine?
What about the graphics? Are they accurate like mine are?
Don't tell us you just have a snowglobe in your dash that doesn't talk back. :roll:

I have built accurate HUD gauges, holo gauges, center screen and voice Orbs for replica owners because I didn't want to make it just for my KI3T to enjoy but for others as well.

Your trying to slander me John and I have had enough.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Don't play the "concerned replica owner" John. You have been out to smear me.
You make a lot of judgments on my parts when you have only owned my scanner. (And your works perfectly too)
Really I am just a corned replica owner trying to help people out in a way I wish people had done when I was building my first replica. Knowledge is power, and by expressing My opinion, it gives replica builders food for thought when determining who they wish to give their money to in making part purchases.

I am in no way out to smear you, because I have no care or concern for you whatsoever, I am simply telling my side in my business dealings with you, your products, and what I observe in your product catalog, and there is no crime in any of these things. If you happen to disagree then make your case to the up and coming customer, and he/she can decide for themselves. Instead you make up stories about how I am a disgruntled former customer who was banned from buying your future products, guess its time to pull out and post the e-mail where you promised me that if I bought your orb, your service would be better than the scanner was so everyone can see the truth in your made up scenario.

So if you and your products are the best, you have nothing to worry about!

Me thinks you are a bit paranoid.....

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Well 'me thinks' your a lying ass-hole John....
http://www.knightregistries.com/forum/s ... php?t=7530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am still waiting too see your non functional 'amazing screen accurate Orb'. :roll:
Last edited by taoworm2323 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Well 'me thinks' your a lying ass-hole John....
http://www.knightregistries.com/forum/s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... php?t=7530
Gee another post from another board where I say the same things,...okay guess that proves your point.

Plus folks in that exchange he accuses me of being a replica company and that's also why he wont sell to me, in addition to my being banned form his products for my rudeness.

Again Josh defend your products don't attack me, you are not making a good case for your future customers here, then you call me names to boot, great business practices here you are displaying for potential customers. You are showing them that if they question you or your product you will attack them.

If you are the best, than give it a rest.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:08 pm

"Slander, in its broadest terms, is the act of publicly speaking injurious statements about another party, when the statements are known by the speaker to be false. You can sue someone for slander only if the false statements they spoke resulted in financial or personal loss."

You spoke of a storm earlier John Wray, you were right...

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 pm

OK, enough....

You guys have been going back and forth long enough. If you want to continue this discussion (and I use the term loosely) please take it off the board.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Image Image
Well, Already started working on the car. Here is the old air vents.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Image Image
And here are the new air vents. Thanks John for the info. I stopped at a Wal Mart on the way home and got the pencil cup. The wife ask me how I was going to turn a cup into vents :roll: 20 minutes later, she was shocked to see how great they came out......

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Look's good Ted. Who would of thought it would take a touch of Walmart for the screen accurate replica?

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:27 am

Wait...all that was done with a pencil cup...wow looks good :good:

Someone explain to me how thats done?you just take out the old vents and put in the pencil cup?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Yes, Just take the vent out and push the pencil cup in :good: .......... Just kidding. I will post some more pictures when I get home.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 am

Look forward to it.Seems like a relatively simply and cheap mod and makes the car look that much better
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Working on my dash today, trying to find the problem with my Blue tooth. I think I pinched a wire. Not happy with Ford. Taoworm, I need to speak to you asap.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:24 pm

sweet pics ted! and if you can, would you mind sending me them, but larger? I like to see every detail that you've done so far, you're doing excellent work my friend!

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Stage Two begins: I'm working on updating some stuff in KITT for next years KRF 4. Somethings will be updated or replaced with a more screen correct parts. I can't wait for ever with what I have and want it done right and now.....

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:30 am

How functional are the airvents with the screens?

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:03 pm

They are functional, something that I have to do to mine with the Cluster panel problem I just had. Just to let you know, if you have a problem with you Cluster panel, they have to be ordered from Ford at $486 and then if they find out that you caused the problem, they hit you for a $250 core charge. I'm not happy. :evil:

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 pm

What broke? I know it's a fully electronic modular design. I thought about replacing mine with a GT500 one. Since I don't have center vents like yours doesn't, I was curious how well they cool the cabin and driver without the ability to change the angles the vents blow at. Also with the cluster, part of the charge is because they have to send it off to get the odometer programmed. The dealers don't have the ability to do so.

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 am

my odomiter just went on the fritz this week on its own. i got the 2005 common speedometer problem O.o and how mcuch would the gt500 one cost I'm planning on doing a fully complete conversion to a gt 500 kr slowly. I can't wait to own my dream car :D the way i want it to be. Oh i did see this video from ford check it out its just so knight ridery :D the driver wheel is a video game controller too :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQl-dF5tkLo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I hope to see the mustang with something like this or a conversion for it with software mods. watch this video you will be amazed and it's ford too :D. if all that in this video was transferred to the mustang and using Taoworms HuD display with all that would be a sweet dreamily ordeal :D. Gosh I can't wait to see that dream a reality. :D I think when i finally finish my mustang I may make a classic kitt TA too :D. or the batmobile I donno :D.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:02 am

Taoworm is already working on this....

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 am

I know *drewllls* 8-P"''' . I can't wait to see all that a reality :D

TheRealOne
Volunteer

Post by TheRealOne » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 am

I think to make an accurate KI3T replica you need the GT speedometer. I clould be wrong but I think when they converted the GT's to GT500KR's they didn't think to swap out the speedometers.

dylandog
Recruit

Post by dylandog » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am

Kal-el4 wrote:Taoworm is already working on this....
Always the best Taoworm..i'll waiting to see the results!!"thanks