Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

drift719
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by drift719 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 am

Hi, first of all, I am new in the forums, and I watched a video about 'Knight Rider Fan Game' in youtube, then I found my way here, I saw alot of questions asked, and I want to ask too!

So, what I am going to ask is: Do we switch players? [Don't mistake I am crazy but...]Look, you said that we can unlock the Ki3t missions, does that mean we have to play as Mike Knight?(Justin Bruening) Or we continue to play as Michael Knight?(David Hasselhoff). Oh, do the story of the missions follow the original movie missions? For example: The one with KITT vs KARR in S1 and S3, And the one which KITT battles Goliath and gets damaged, then they get the revenge? :)

Thats all I am asking, :D :dash: -------> :dash4:

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by james olden » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:14 pm

yes whats going on with the site
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Drift... I don't think that has been answered at all yet. James... rephrase that question so someone can help you.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:05 am

Is it going to be an episode by episode series?Because I for one would love the idea of playing out the events of knight of the phoenix GTa style.Bring hammer to Devon bang ,the demolision derby,the race to cut off the wing of the plain.Driving from the jailbreak to the plane in time before the timer runs out.I'm sure the same can be done with several different episodes of the series.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 am

This is a fan take on a season 5 of Knight Rider as far as the story line and missions go. Following every episode as a mission would be completely cool, but unreachable by 2 guys and no budget.

I
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Hey msKEN! Awesome photo on the website! Is that in-game? And will that be the KITT-car in the game? It looks very good! :)
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

GameMachineJames
Recruit

Post by GameMachineJames » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:29 am

Any chance you'll be including Team Knight Rider?
Promotional Postcard Licensing Fair 1996
Series Bible
Style and Merchandising guide with original vectors.
"Get Ready To Ride" Poster
TKR Annual
SCREEN-USED TKR Sign from a Sky One Door

bassiebouw
Stranger

Post by bassiebouw » Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am

I hope the game for the PC or PS2 :dash: :kitt: :kittconv:

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:03 pm

bassiebouw wrote:I hope the game for the PC or PS2 :dash: :kitt: :kittconv:

Really... are you serious? Would it kill any of you to go back and read a little? This is a PC game. Not PS2.

SeriousMoh
Recruit

Post by SeriousMoh » Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 am

quick question 1: is slow motion possible? e.g. turning it on/off manually (ctrl + mouse wheel up to increase game speed) or when turbo boosting.

quick question 2: will your turbo boost look like the one i created for GTA:SA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWWEPeLNCg) or like the other ones, where kitt is only lifted into the air (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyB1X7XvkMc)?
i have also created a turbo boost, that automatically figures out, how high the obstacle in front of KITT is and adjusts the power, you kinda see that when comparing the jumps over the gate and the plane's wing

quick question 3: any chance we can record replays and edit them (position camers and stuff)?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I've bitten off a bit more then I can chew on this as far as story line and missions go. I'm very swamped with programming. So I'll put it out here. I'm looking to create a story line that bridges the gap between season 4 of TOS and leads up to the events that creates Team Knight Rider. If any creative writer out there would like to work with me to create a dynamic story line, with some neat missions please send me an email to ken @ unleadedgames.com

In other news, the programming is going slow but good. Creating a thriving living environment like GTA is a tedious task when programming everything from scratch. The physics alone of having Goliath with a working trailer that you can attach and unattach has been an adventure in itself, and I see why they didn't do it in GTA4. I've also pretty much had to write my own cutscene editor from scratch to be able to do in game cinematics. I'm confident to say for a fan endeavor, most of you will hopefully be pleased with what I have come up with. I get a lot of unrealistic requests for a limited budget production, but I will do what I can to make this as fun and interesting as possible. Because this has become a huge task, and it has eaten up a lot of my time... I have decided to sell my GTA clone engine to other game programmers threw the proper channels to try and regain some funds I have invested into this project.

I know I've been pretty quiet on this, and I will continue to be. All I can say is keep your eyes out for the 30th Anniversary of Knight Rider for really big um... playable news ;)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 am

I've got a pretty simple idea for the transaition you're looking for.KRO not the forum but the Knight Reformulation One.You can show how Michael Knight and Kitt are on the Knight Foundation vehicle testing site and are looking at the future of F.L.A.G.You can show how they are staring right at them during the testing phase of the new car and man teamup on the track. and how they kill several cybernicians after completing the track coarse.Michael and Kitt have a final mission where they have to investigate any leads on the new villian Martin,where he can be found IS a warehouse.After that Michael investigates into the back history of the driver chosen,the AI developers with the new "bonding" system and the weakpoints of the car which you have a scene where Michael gets into the cars cabin and stops it from the drivers seat fighting Martin at the wheel ( keep kro on the road and avoid hitting ccars that explode from the impact or running people over).I see some great chase scenes between kitt and kro.A teamup between Martin and Garth Knight forming a team against Flag.But the sad part is in the end you're going to have to make them defeat them in the stupidest way.As Martin said in the asylum."We ran out of gas."

SeriousMoh
Recruit

Post by SeriousMoh » Fri May 27, 2011 2:11 pm

msKEN wrote:I get a lot of unrealistic requests for a limited budget production
Hey, I hope it's not just me requesting stuff. I know always asking for things and not giving anything in return is a bit annoying, but I'm just throwing ideas around. I know doing this pretty much alone is tough. But I know you can do it.

Anyway, I you have any German<>English translations that need to be done, I can help with that. Other than that, I'm probably no good. Maybe beta testing :D

One last thing I have to say: If your engine is so good, other people wanna pay money for it, we can look forward :)

Keep it up, mate

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat May 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Ha I didn't mean that as rudely as it came out, I mean as far as following the first 4 seasons and every episode being a mission you can play. To recreate all the scenes and locations from the show would take forever, especially with no budget is all I meant. That seems to be the biggest request, and its understandable but I will leave that task for the professionals.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun May 29, 2011 8:47 pm

msKEN wrote:I've bitten off a bit more then I can chew on this as far as story line and missions go. I'm very swamped with programming. So I'll put it out here. I'm looking to create a story line that bridges the gap between season 4 of TOS and leads up to the events that creates Team Knight Rider. If any creative writer out there would like to work with me to create a dynamic story line, with some neat missions please send me an email to ken @ unleadedgames.com

In other news, the programming is going slow but good. Creating a thriving living environment like GTA is a tedious task when programming everything from scratch. The physics alone of having Goliath with a working trailer that you can attach and unattach has been an adventure in itself, and I see why they didn't do it in GTA4. I've also pretty much had to write my own cutscene editor from scratch to be able to do in game cinematics. I'm confident to say for a fan endeavor, most of you will hopefully be pleased with what I have come up with. I get a lot of unrealistic requests for a limited budget production, but I will do what I can to make this as fun and interesting as possible. Because this has become a huge task, and it has eaten up a lot of my time... I have decided to sell my GTA clone engine to other game programmers threw the proper channels to try and regain some funds I have invested into this project.

I know I've been pretty quiet on this, and I will continue to be. All I can say is keep your eyes out for the 30th Anniversary of Knight Rider for really big um... playable news ;)
i dont know if this might sound good, but i have a good idea for the opening story line and the beginning of the game it would show the date 1984, then has a cut scene where ki2t and michael is racing towards the end of the mountain with goliath chasing them
michael hits the grappling hook button and stops at the end of the ocean, while goliath drives of the cliff of the mountain.the next cut scene will show garth knight realizing adriane is dead, swims out of goliath to the top of the ocean right after garth gets to shore a car pulls near by the driver of the car asks garth is he ok and would he like a ride to the nearest town. garth get in and the car drives off.

next cut scene 1986,michael and stephie are walking out the church right after getting married,they get into ki2t and start drive off, they start singing the their song they sang on the knight rider episode let it be me until they drive into a intersection and get hit on the passanger side by goliath.michael makes up realizing its a bad dream, he looks over at the wall and it shows a newspaper that reads woman shot and killed at wedding.

i dont know how to continue from this and i did my best to describe the intro storyline and i know it seem kind terrible describing it. but what do you think
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

SeriousMoh
Recruit

Post by SeriousMoh » Mon May 30, 2011 6:29 am

well, i don't think locations are that important. sure, they add some nostalgia to the game, but i think gameplay is more important. at least that should be finished before working on other things. for me, it's more important to have KITT and his gadgets, obstacles i can jump over and maybe the semi i can drive into and walls/fences i can crush through. i don't really need to see slammin' sammy's stunt show spectacular or michael's house on the beach. just sayin', focus on the important things :) (i don't mean this rudely either)

Oh, and don't forget. we LOVE you ;)

hoffman95
Operative

Post by hoffman95 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 pm

So will this be done this year
:kittconv:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 am

No.

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 pm

can i subject two things?
the first being KARR's involvment.
the second being how to continue the intro: (helps to know year game is based in)
"Micheal?"............."Micheal!"
comeing back to reality: "What K.I.T.T?"
"Are you ok partner? my scanners indicate you we're having another horible night." The famed supercar asked.
"I don't know buddy, maybe it's just nothing..." He says that with nuch doubt.
"well put on some pants and come down here, Devin and Bonnie want up at the mobile unit."
" Now?" Micheal asked while throwing some pants on.
"Now."
"same old same old partner." grabing his favorite black leather jacket, micheal dashes out the door to KITT..
:kitt: :dash4:

thats the best i can think of for now, what you think?
1 man/ 1 car/ 1 diffrence....

1 man can make a diffrence,but you must decide to...

knightprowl
Operative

Post by knightprowl » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 pm

so any updates ken?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=17336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;