KRF III - Thank You from VK

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:37 pm

To the fans across the world who attended Knight Rider Festival III,

This is going to be a long post and probably come across as more of an acceptance speech at the Oscars but it is something I feel compelled to do for the many people I encountered at the event and I feel deserve to be recognized for their efforts towards its success.

First I would like to apologize if I could not remember your name straight - please understand that due to certain conditions that were not met and beyond my control, I had to deal with a lot of extra duties and I literally pushed myself to the brink of mental and physical exhaustion to keep fans satisfied and do my best to help people achieve their needs to the very best of my ability.

Keeping track of names is not one of my strengths but it's something I've been working on. With so much going on in my head from so many directions during these events - it's hard to keep tabs on every person I meet.
Knight Rider Festival III was probably one of the most exhausting weekends I have experienced in a very long time. With that said though, it was a great event for the fans and I think very successful on the level that it was intended to be. I think fans enjoyed seeing the fleet of cars that showed including Tom and Diane Day's impressive Shelby Mustangs and Richard's "gimble" KITT.

Knights of the West Coast and Willitmakeit.com once again answered the call to bring and display their wonderful K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. replicas as well which really gave the number of cars that showed (21 I think?) a really nice boost. Also as with the previous festivals, Craig Martin's DeceptiKARR did not disappoint and the Attack Mode continued to wow the crowds and excite the elementary school children once more.

So with all that said, I want to thank everyone for their support of the event across every spectrum from people who donated to The Children's Miracle Network, to followers online, to the many gracious car owners who sacrificed so much to get their automotive works of art to Fremont Street, to our brave international travelers from Africa, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, and so on.

All of you made a difference in making this event as successful as it could possibly be. Your support is invaluable not just for the event or for charity but also your support of my efforts to make a positive difference at the event be it in person or through my merchandise offerings.

Thank you to all the VIPS who took time out of their busy schedules to make the event once again special for the fans who attended. Who freely signed autographs and posed for photos with fans and made the VIP party another great success as well as the autograph signing on Saturday. Thanks for your understanding (especially you Rebecca and Don) and patience when things didn't go as planned and for keeping things positive. Thanks to Oscar Goodman for allowing KRF to take place in his city for what is now the third event during his time in office.

With all of that said, I want to leave no one out in my gratitude for your support and encouragement through what was undoubtedly a chaotic but exciting atmosphere. It is on that note that I would like to take some time to recognize some specific people I met there that deserve to be recognized for their contributions to the success of KRF III.

Steve Fusco - I know you've been through so much over the last year and I want to say a personal thank you for sharing some of your experiences with me and the KOTWC crew. We really have a deeper understanding of what you've gone through leading up to the event and greatly appreciate the personal sacrifices you made to not only return to KRF but also come all the way from NY with a new KITT for fans to enjoy. Know that in whatever challenges lie ahead - we are always with you. I would go on record to say that no one made greater sacrifices to make this Knight Rider Festival event more special with sheer self sacrifice and heart than you did. My hats off to you.

Tom and Diane Day - Everything I could type up here, I've already told you in person. So rather than recap everything - I'm simply going to say thank you from the deepest regions of my heart of taking the time to support the festival and sharing your beautiful screen used Mustangs on the grandest stage where they could be appreciated most by the fans who adore them. Having the Attack KITT and hero KITT at the event was a tremendous asset towards the success of KRF III and I know a very special bonus for the fans out there who admired the cars from afar. I'm sure you pleased the fans of the new series as well as gained a few new ones.

Rest assured we will be doing more things in the future not because of money or status but because of the heart you two and the Day family possess to donate your time and efforts towards a brighter world for charities that need recognition and assistance to help those in need - to champion the cause of the helpless.

Paul Casey - Thank you for making a trilogy of Knight Rider Festivals possible. I know it hasn't been easy for you and your family but we can take pride that your efforts to showcase a nearly 30 year old show called "Knight Rider" in Las Vegas were not in vain. We raised money for charity year after year and the fans had fun along the way. You made history time and time again by getting people like Glen Larson and David Hasselhoff to appear together - a feat that has not been accomplished by any other Knight Rider event in recent history.

You helped us fans display our love of this series through photographs, meet and greets, and a display of replicas on the stage of Fremont Street and played tribute to our show on the massive Fremont Street Experience. Thank you for taking the time to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive. I know Vegas appreciates your efforts and I always will too.

You helped me rise to the challenge as an artist and push myself to new levels of artistic mastery and you let me display what I can do where people could appreciate my artwork most. Because of your event(s), I have been able to build close and personal relationships with many of the cast and crew from the series I admired as a child. These life experiences would have never happened had Knight Rider Festival not taken place. For that I will always thank you and give you the credit you so rightfully deserve. This was your show and I am happy to have been a part of its continued success.

Yuki Imai - Wow, what can I say? Up until a couple days ago I was not fully aware of you and your partner's passion for Knight Rider. I didn't know you've been at all three events and have been substantial contributors to the live charity auctions. Thank you so very much for your business and understanding. I'm glad you could add another KRF item to your growing collection. Please do enjoy the signed KRF III event poster and the signed Hoff jacket from last year. Thanks again for coming out to the states from Japan and making a real difference. It is always an honor having the both of you appear at our events here in the states.

Craig Martin - You're like a brother and DeceptiKARR always comes through. I know you went through a lot to get to the show and thank you for choosing to be a part of history one more time. I'm always here for you if you need me and welcome to the international branch of Knights of the West Coast.

Richard Morey - Wow, your "gimble" car was really something. I'm not a huge fan of the mustang but I can say it was fascinating to see the differences between a replica and a real screen used car from the series. How NBC's people disabled certain mechanisms before selling off a screen used car and so on. I particularly enjoyed not just your stories of how you acquired the gimble car but also seeing the little differences like the button to activate the scanner being in the glove box. You are a class act and it was a supreme pleasure to meet you.

Ken and Erika Beard - My webmaster friend, you have been with me since the beginning and it was really something special to finally meet you in person. I know we'll do more exciting things in the future and your wife was very cool.

AJ Palmgren - Well AJ, you always go without saying right? I've never meet a more passionate person with a vivid lust for life and a guy who takes excitement in everything it has to offer. You are a good friend and a supremely understanding person. Your contributions as THE "Knight Rider Historian" are infinitely appreciated. It is a true honor to call you not just a tremendous fan of Knight Rider but also a close personal friend.

Joe Huth IV - Although regrettably we didn't get to chat much at the event - I want to say how much of a honor it was to meet you in person. I can see your passion for Knight Rider is as impressive as your knowledge of the series itself. You're a class act and even though we've had some bumps along the road here and there - you have my respect for everything you've accomplished in the past as much as you have today and in the future. I would very much like to catch up again soon and hear more about your experiences in uncovering the Comtron truck (what's left of it?) on the Universal backlot. Thanks again for everything - you are one fan who makes a true difference.

Jennifer and Ken Simpson - You have a beautiful daughter and real passion for Knight Rider. Always a pleasure seeing you all together and I'm happy Rebecca was able to sign your hitari car and T.V. guide for you. Thanks for all your support.

Jessica Hoskins - Your art is amazing. I really enjoyed seeing your sandblast work up close and I apologize for not having more time to admire it. Great stuff.

Ted (KITT2K) - Hey man, thanks for letting me take photos of your KI3T replica and letting me ride with you and your buddy to the car owners meeting. It was a real treat being able to experience that and you've done an amazing job with your car. It was also great to see Taoworm's orb up close and personal too. I know you drove a long way to the festival and it is much appreciated.

JUP – Loved seeing your unique hat and I hope you got some great footage of the event! Pleasure meeting you and thanks for coming out again.

Adam (KFCreator) – We only have a brief amount of time to talk but it was a pleasure meeting you and refreshing to discuss your thoughts of the event and also the origins of your avatar.

John Raye – Although we briefly spoke at the VIP party. I appreciate what you had to say there and thank you again for the support. I know things haven’t been easy but at least you took the time to set aside your differences with others and come out with a car to support the event. That’s redemption at its finest.

Peter Lonjezo - It was fantastic meeting you and hearing about your experiences at Stanford. Thank you for being an honest and passionate fan. I hope KRF III made a lot of positive memories for you and thanks for coming out.

Antonio Correa - Thanks for coming to the event and I was touched to hear about your experiences getting there and the passion you and your son share for Knight Rider. Please enjoy the books and I wish you all the best of success in the years to come.

Glen, Craig Wacker, and the willitmakeit crew - You know what I remember most about you two new members of Knights of the West Coast and your crew is how much you all smiled during the event. The passion and love you put into everything you do is really inspiring and I am very happy that in the end things worked out and we could get that brotherhood together once again at Cat's house. You two really do put everything you have into everything you do and I want you to know that it is very much appreciated. Willitmakeit.com is more than just a brand name - it's a mission and I have no doubts you will complete your mission to reach your dreams.

Michael Booher - Hey Mike, really a pleasure to finally meet you in person. You and "Mr. T" really rocked the show with your A-Team van and KITT cars. I think you're a great guy and I'm sure good things will continue to come your way in the future.

Jeff Cote - It might have took me a couple times to get your name right but I very much remember your face and the good things you did for the event. It was fun hanging out and catching up at Cat's place. I didn't get much time to chat during the event but let me tell you man, I think you and your car are awesome.

Ben Prins - My good friend all the way from the Netherlands. It was an honor to hang out with you - brief as it was and meet your dad. It looks like you had a fantastic time at the event and at Cat's place. I know Rebecca, Don Peake, and Catherine all enjoyed your company. I found it quite fascinating how you switched off from speaking in English to I believe it was Dutch. Great talent there and thanks for making the event that much more memorable.

Knights of the West Coast - I have a strong belief that a group should be recognized as a group rather than individually so I want to say simply to the group that has and continues to mean so much to me and the various Knight Rider events I've been involved with that you make all the difference. That's not just a line, that's an established fact. Everyone in Knights of the West Coast who builds cars or covers the events we participate in contributes to and documents pure Knight Rider history. You guys and girls are invaluable assets to the fandom and the love and passion you put into building your replicas is truly awe inspiring.

Steve, Gus, Alex, Jennifer, Isidro, Cesar, Dave Doggett (and Martha!), Daniel, Craig, Craig W., Glen W., Alex, Tom, Gary H, Matthew H, Realm, Dennis, Cat, and Jason - all of you made a difference by the various contributions you made to this years event - whether it was bringing your cars, taking photos, helping me out with my table, organizing the event/parking or directing cars, or just being there to lend support to keep things on track - all of you deserve a round of applause for your continued efforts to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive. To those members of KOTWC who could not make it to KRF III, you were very much missed and with us in spirit.

Jason Piper, I just want to say that you really showed the kind of man you are at this year’s event and I am absolutely proud to call you a brother and a friend. You went above and beyond along with Daniel to really make this event shine and in the process of having to experience great loses – you kept the show going. You really are a diamond in the rough.

Daniel, you know exactly how I feel and everyone who knows me knows exactly how I feel about you. You’re my brother and dearest friend. You are the sole reason I am able to make these events and keep my head on straight during them. My amount of gratitude for you cannot be counted.

Slade – Man what can I say that I haven’t already told you? You’re an outstanding guy and thank you profusely for taking the time to help me out with my table and enduring the many challenges we had to go through to get things on track. Your assistance is priceless and Knight Rider Festival would clearly not be the same if you were not there. Thanks so much for being not just a valuable asset to my “merchandise team” but also a very good friend. If anyone deserved a “staff” badge, it was you.

Matt Sager – Always a pleasure man. I saw you working your tail off to cover the event and I’m sure whatever you gathered will make for a outstanding dvd of the event. If you need anything, you know where to find me. You always take the most unique photos that really capture the essence of each event’s key moments.

Fabry - Hey my friend, always a pleasure seeing you - especially when you travel all the way out from Italy to join us year after year. Knight Rider Italia will always have a special place in my heart as well as the fans of Italy who can't make the trek here to join us at the festivals.

You're an awesome guy with a great heart. Thanks again for taking the time to come out and experience what we had to offer not just domestic fans of the series but international as well.

David Tamutus - If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have had such great merchandise in the guise of event posters and KIT prints come together. You did a fantastic job with what you had to work with and despite a setback here and there with the "glow in the dark" - you proved to me you're just as much as fan of Knight Rider as anyone else and in that, also a man who embraces making choices to make things right when they go wrong. You're not just a producer to me but also a good friend. It was a true pleasure meeting you and I'm sure we'll have more grand adventures in the future.

Michael Pajaro - You know Mike, we don't always see eye to eye but I want to really express my gratitude for the outstanding job you did covering this year's event with your ipad broadcast. Thank you very much for taking the time to also promote my book and merchandise as well - I know you didn't have to do that and I thank you for taking the time to do so. I watched your coverage of the event and I think it was a real treat for the fans who could not attend as they followed along on the net to get a feeling of really being there as the event progressed day after day. Great work.

Sarah - Always fun to see you at each KRF event and observe the passion you have to cover each show to the best of your ability. It can get quite chaotic at times but you manage to come through with great footage and wonderful photos for your website. Thanks for saving the day and getting Attack KITT back on track!

Neil Epstein - Like Michael, we don't always see eye to eye and I know you worked your hardest to get to KRF III but it was not meant to be. Regardless, your coverage of the event online through your various news updates was fantastic and thanks again for doing what you could across the net to keep the show on track with respects not only to reporting the event but also managing the website updates and contributing to Summer of Secrets: Mission 2.

Gene Hudzina - Without you, there would be no event t-shirts for fans to enjoy. Although Dad and I pay for the production, you my friend are the best go-between negotiator out there. You worked your tail off to get these shirts produced and on time and as a result the fans had another outstanding high quality shirt to add to their collection. I know how badly you wanted to come to KRF III and unfortunately the job had to come first. You were missed and not forgotten. If anyone is as close to me as Daniel in terms of a brother, it would be you.
You are an amazing and talented guy with a massive heart. Thanks so much for all you do to encourage me to get through the obstacles in the road and stay the course. It is because of people just like you that I'm still here and why we still have new designs and merchandise to appreciate. Your support, friendship, and encouragement really does make all the difference not just in Knight Rider but everything else that I do.

The Shadowy Flight Podcast Team – Jason, Dan, Aaron, and the rest of your fine crew. Thanks for taking the time to support and cover the event. I know we didn’t get time to do any interviews or whatnot but I think just being able to take some time to hang with you guys was priceless enough for me. You guys are always cool to talk to, very professional, and it’s always a supreme pleasure to listen to your podcasts and coverage of all things Knight Rider. I wish you nothing but the best in the future and love discovering the many key moments you captured throughout the event. I think my “Wrestlemania Moment” for this year was taking a elevated photo of Dan and Jason from atop the stage that really captured in a single image how much passion you guys have for the festival and for Knight Rider. You guys are fantastic.

To everyone else's name I might not have mentioned, again - thank you for everything. It's because of the people that Knight Rider Festival has become as successful as it has. It is because of the fans and their passion that we gather crowds again and again. Whether you like the new series or the original - one common bond we all share despite our beliefs or opinions is that Knight Rider will always stand for something good in the world and as long as we continue to make choices to support it - Knight Rider will continue to ride on in the future to inspire generations to come.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post of mine (intentional this time!) and thanks for continuing to support the things that I do and that others do to make this fandom a better place.

One fan can make a difference but one unified fandom makes all the difference.

-Nick Nugent/=VK=
Author/Designer of The Knight Rider Companion
Digital Artist

Alex
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KRF III - Thank You from VK

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:42 am

Victor Kros,

You wrote very big and this is very good. :)

Very congratulations and all the members fans and also Knight Rider Festival III and Knight Rider Online, because you were fantastic!

Knight Rider - "One man can make a difference".

Thanks.

Alex

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:35 am

Hang on, how is it this guys duty or position to thank everyone? :?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 am

Here we go. :roll:

and thanks for continuing to support the things that I do

Says it all.

Nothing wrong with being polite. Casey isn't going to thank everyone, is he.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:25 am

Skav wrote:Here we go. :roll:

Says it all.

Maybe not, but then again ITS HIS SHOW!

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh here we are again now thanking people for an event which IS NOT HIS?

As I read through the various look at me, I have big puppy dog eyes and I want you to love me threads, this one says it all to me

If you clearly stated in a response to me that it is NOT your event then why thank people for coming, you then post how much effort it was this year and exhausting, please explain to me in typed English what exactly was so exhausting, you did a poster a Tshirt design and a couple of trading cards and thats it!

If I was you, instead of making a big deal about leaving the hobby, I would sail your ship to the employment people and try find work and make a differnce by paying taxes lie everyone else

Captain Nick, this is my last post to you as you never clearly answer my questions, wear your VIP I am someone badge with pride

Im done

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Hey Nick,
Thanks for the kind words. We had a great time at the Festival. Also meeting you and all the KITT owners, fans and Paul Campbell. I will be back next year and I'm already working on new things with the car.
Again Thanks
Ted (KRKITT1)

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

magictorch wrote:Oh here we are again now thanking people for an event which IS NOT HIS?

As I read through the various look at me, I have big puppy dog eyes and I want you to love me threads, this one says it all to me

If you clearly stated in a response to me that it is NOT your event then why thank people for coming, you then post how much effort it was this year and exhausting, please explain to me in typed English what exactly was so exhausting, you did a poster a Tshirt design and a couple of trading cards and thats it!

If I was you, instead of making a big deal about leaving the hobby, I would sail your ship to the employment people and try find work and make a differnce by paying taxes lie everyone else

Captain Nick, this is my last post to you as you never clearly answer my questions, wear your VIP I am someone badge with pride

Im done

nothing personal but why do you keep harrassing that man ? to be honest at least he does alot for the knight rider franchise.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:25 pm

magictorch wrote:Oh here we are again now thanking people for an event which IS NOT HIS?

Im done
- I'm not going to respond (beyond this statement) to someone who has consistantly shown a blatant disrespect for who I am, what I do, and what I believe in. I gave you a honest response that you refuse to accept and you chose to follow up that response with further insult to belittle my efforts to make this fandom of Knight Rider a better place and my contributions to Knight Rider Festival I,II, and III is a part of that effort. It is only right to thank people who deserve appreciation for their hard earned efforts and that's what I chose to do.

Thanks.

=VK=
:dash:

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks Nick for the kind words. I meant what I said to you at the VIP party!!

Thank you!!

John
(KITT2K, even though I think here lately I want Ted to have this ID! :))

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:44 pm

I might not be the best person to step in before things get out of hand, but I think I understand people's concerns and may be able to vocalize them in a (hopefully) non-volitile way.

For the most part, there is nothing wrong with any individual section of the initial message. And I would hope that nobody would have any problem with someone thanking a few groups or individuals for their hard work. The issue here is that when one starts thanking so many people, it makes the "thanker" look more important. That starts to blur the line as to who is running the show, and it gets into the area of breaching professional etiquette; it is Paul Casey's show, and it is his place to thank people as he deems appropriate.

We as fans can (and should!) acknowledge all the people who made the Festival what it is, but we don't necessarily have to "thank" them. For example, I could say "it was awesome seeing Craig's Deceptikarr in Vegas!" but I don't think it's my place to thank him for contributing to the show. It's a subtle but important difference. I believe it is that difference that is irking people.

Good or bad, right or wrong, this is how I see the situation. It's out in the open and people can choose to let it go and move on, or not.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I might not be the best person to step in before things get out of hand, but I think I understand people's concerns and may be able to vocalize them in a (hopefully) non-volitile way.

For the most part, there is nothing wrong with any individual section of the initial message. And I would hope that nobody would have any problem with someone thanking a few groups or individuals for their hard work. The issue here is that when one starts thanking so many people, it makes the "thanker" look more important. That starts to blur the line as to who is running the show, and it gets into the area of breaching professional etiquette; it is Paul Casey's show, and it is his place to thank people as he deems appropriate.

We as fans can (and should!) acknowledge all the people who made the Festival what it is, but we don't necessarily have to "thank" them. For example, I could say "it was awesome seeing Craig's Deceptikarr in Vegas!" but I don't think it's my place to thank him for contributing to the show. It's a subtle but important difference. I believe it is that difference that is irking people.

Good or bad, right or wrong, this is how I see the situation. It's out in the open and people can choose to let it go and move on, or not.
- I greatly disagree with this viewpoint. It is well known that certain people were not thanked for their efforts to make Paul's show as great as it was and I felt compelled to recognize the efforts of those who were otherwise overlooked by a standard response. I stand by my choice and I have emphasized in the personal thank you to Paul Casey that it is "his" event and "his' show further supported by addressing Paul as "you" and not "I" - perhaps you overlooked that Michael.

It is neither unprofessional nor a breach of "professional etiquette" to recognize people for the contributions they have made towards another individual's success.

I'm quite frankly offended by your response towards a gesture that was made in efforts of kindness and not some sort of personal gain. Fact is, I didn't have to say a word to anyone - I chose to. I am appauled that such a positive statement can be twisted to be viewed as negative. This is sad.

-Nick

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 am

Wow that's a HUGE shock.... Someone tries to be polite with advice and you respond by ranting like a grumpy old man that's lost his walking stick.
Huuurah for progress.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 am

chrisjones wrote:you respond by ranting like a grumpy old man that's lost his walking stick.
Not helping.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:05 am

This matter is so surreal to me that I don't really know how to even respond to it. I mean it seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't and some people seem to neglect the fact that what I try to do lately is keep this fandom positive. I find this negativity deeply disappointing.

Michael, you and I have two vastly different viewpoints with respects to the meaning of "friendship" and "communication". It is because of those differences which we've discussed at length in private, you would likely not feel the need to do the gestures for people that I choose to do and that's fine but please recognize the positive things I am doing for people and this fanbase rather than finding some sort of negative context to address. It's these kind of situations that fragments and weakens the fanbase rather than unifies and strengthens it.

I respect your position as a mod - but I do not agree with your advice on this matter. I think it's problematic rather than conducive. I'm not disrespecting anyone in this thread - but others are blatantly disrespecting me. I'm trying to do a gesture that should be cherished, not discarded.

This thread was created for a positive purpose and it is my wish it remain that way. I posted it on KRO because many of the guests who came to KRF III, came from this community and it is in many ways the only way to reach out to them.

Please try to understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks.

-Nick

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:29 am

What the fudge!?
I respect your position as a mod - but I do not agree with your advice on this matter. I think it's problematic rather than conducive. I'm not disrespecting anyone in this thread - but others are blatantly disrespecting me. I'm trying to do a gesture that should be cherished, not discarded.
That right there speaks volumes. The fact that you honestly feel that people should 'cherish' the words you speak just goes to show how high you place yourself above everyone else in this community.

Its not Michael thats being problematic, nor me for that fact, its YOU coming on here with your higher than high attitude.

Beggers belief, really it does! :shock: :!: :shock:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:42 am

Says it all.

Oh and Skav, for the record YES he did thank everyone, quite some time ago - see thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:38 am

chrisjones wrote:

Says it all.

Oh and Skav, for the record YES he did thank everyone, quite some time ago - see thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read the username that said those thank you's.

Nick said a "shout out"...hardly a thank you.

At the end of the day all this is no big deal. So he wants to say thank you. He suitably addressed Paul Casey in his "thank you" to him and made it crystal clear that it was his show.

Is his thank you post perfect? Nope, and I can see holes that are open for people to jump over, but it seems that because there is no KR news as of late, that we are using Nick for our entertainment to keep us occupied until another 1 season cancelled series comes out.

I appreciate how the quantity of people that he's thanking can contribute to the appearance of importance, but that's the people he wanted to thank.

People's interpretations of his post are not his responsibility. It's the readers. And those interpretations are nothing but opinions, not facts, since we do not know for sure that Nick wants to gain some sort of recognition for it.

If it's a fact that Nick wants his thank you post to feed whatever of his, then it's more effective to ignore it. Right?

But I can only see more fights breaking out in the future as far as Nick is concerned because it keeps everyone "busy". And sorry if this is insulting, but that's, what I think, is a harsh truth. *cue somebody coming out of the woodwork accusing me of insulting the community*. And to those that think that, you are too sensitive and you just have that plain wrong, anyway.

Compare the hostility surrounding Nick with barely any new threads being created on the forum and we have a winner.
Last edited by Skav on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 am

Victor Kros wrote:Michael, you and I have two vastly different viewpoints with respects to the meaning of "friendship" and "communication". It is because of those differences which we've discussed at length in private, you would likely not feel the need to do the gestures for people that I choose to do and that's fine but please recognize the positive things I am doing for people and this fanbase rather than finding some sort of negative context to address. It's these kind of situations that fragments and weakens the fanbase rather than unifies and strengthens it.
That’s a vastly unfair judgement towards Michael. He was helping to create the online side of the fanbase long before you met Glen A. Larson, and decided to grace us with your divisive presence.

The fact of the matter is that you’ve done more to fracture this community than strengthen it. Whether it was your friendship with Richie Levine, or your attitude towards the plagiarism of Joe Huth’s Knight Rider Legacy content, you’ve been banned and reinstated so many times, that it’s no wonder everyone believes you get the kind of leniency that frankly, you do.
Victor Kros wrote:I respect your position as a mod - but I do not agree with your advice on this matter. I think it's problematic rather than conducive. I'm not disrespecting anyone in this thread - but others are blatantly disrespecting me. I'm trying to do a gesture that should be cherished, not discarded.
You’re probably wondering why one of the people you call a friend would be saying these things. The truth of the matter is that you have no respect towards the position of moderator or administrator unless it serves your purpose. You repeatedly request that evidence of your transgressions be deleted, and then berate and belittle the staff member in question when you’re informed that locking threads with a closing statement is standard procedure.

Also, whilst were on the subject of berating and belittling, let’s not forget the time you told people about my struggle with depression, and tried to use it as a weapon to get me dismissed from my position after your chatroom privileges were suspended for a lewd comment towards Sue, and account banned for your subsequent attacks upon my person. No definition of friendship that I know of includes actions like this.

The fact is that there is a pattern of behaviour associated with you, and given how many times you’ve stood by your statements, I feel it's finally time to address the situation head-on.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am

Matthew wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:Michael, you and I have two vastly different viewpoints with respects to the meaning of "friendship" and "communication". It is because of those differences which we've discussed at length in private, you would likely not feel the need to do the gestures for people that I choose to do and that's fine but please recognize the positive things I am doing for people and this fanbase rather than finding some sort of negative context to address. It's these kind of situations that fragments and weakens the fanbase rather than unifies and strengthens it.
That’s a vastly unfair judgement towards Michael. He was helping to create the online side of the fanbase long before you met Glen A. Larson, and decided to grace us with your divisive presence.

The fact of the matter is that you’ve done more to fracture this community than strengthen it. Whether it was your friendship with Richie Levine, or your attitude towards the plagiarism of Joe Huth’s Knight Rider Legacy content, you’ve been banned and reinstated so many times, that it’s no wonder everyone believes you get the kind of leniency that frankly, you do.
Victor Kros wrote:I respect your position as a mod - but I do not agree with your advice on this matter. I think it's problematic rather than conducive. I'm not disrespecting anyone in this thread - but others are blatantly disrespecting me. I'm trying to do a gesture that should be cherished, not discarded.
You’re probably wondering why one of the people you call a friend would be saying these things. The truth of the matter is that you have no respect towards the position of moderator or administrator unless it serves your purpose. You repeatedly request that evidence of your transgressions be deleted, and then berate and belittle the staff member in question when you’re informed that locking threads with a closing statement is standard procedure.

Also, whilst were on the subject of berating and belittling, let’s not forget the time you told people about my struggle with depression, and tried to use it as a weapon to get me dismissed from my position after your chatroom privileges were suspended for a lewd comment towards Sue, and account banned for your subsequent attacks upon my person. No definition of friendship that I know of includes actions like this.

The fact is that there is a pattern of behaviour associated with you, and given how many times you’ve stood by your statements, I feel it's finally time to address the situation head-on.

Matt
Matt, I know nothing about Nick interfering with your personal life but you are a great moderator!

Don't sink to lower than a professional level!

There is a really simple solution. Ban Nick on a permanent basis if the majority feel that he is a problem. However, since Nick has an "inside" angle, I got a feeling that won't happen.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 am

Matt,
Whilst its fair to say you have quite rightly given me my fair share of wrist slaps over the years, its also fair to say that EVERY occaision has been in connection to same person who created this thread. Many here might see me as a trouble maker, that guy who jumps everytime a certain someone posts - To a certain extent they would be right, but why would I be like that you might ask?
I've been here when he verbally bullied, harrassed and brought into question the very being of many a person all down to this 'silly' show we all love called Knight Rider. Many may remember Nick, a guy who who created the original UK Knight Rider forum, he took the brunt of a rather scathing attack by Mr Nuggent to which end he created a silly crossed out banner featuring the words 'Knight Rider UK'. I might add he was banned there due to his constant attitude problems. I've read comments about two people connected to Knightcon, two people that worked their backsides off to produce a simply magnificent show only for 'Mr Showbiz -VK-' to spit out his cyberspace dummy because he wasnt listed as a VIP at the 2010 event. It caused him so much upset he felt the need to publicly bad talk them (only to u-turn later) as well as post 'woe to me' type posts on Facebook. Give it a break!? I've had abussive PM's sent to me regarding my career and how he is so far above me and I'll never be anymore than a 'lowly' stuntman..... pfft at least I'm working on movies that get released, thats all I have to say ;-)
What I would like to add is don't believe all the Glen Larson connection talk. I get the feeling that its not what he's making out, of course I have no wish or NEED to actually find out - That said the information he has been gossping about scripts, story ideas etc... MASSIVE no, no in anyones books and I'm willing to bet certain people would hit the roof if they were to know about the 'rep' status he seems to have assumed.

Yep, your right theres no need for any of this, thing is 99.9% is brought on as a reaction to his overstated posts, simple fact.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 am

chrisjones wrote:Matt,
Whilst its fair to say you have quite rightly given me my fair share of wrist slaps over the years, its also fair to say that EVERY occaision has been in connection to same person who created this thread. Many here might see me as a trouble maker, that guy who jumps everytime a certain someone posts - To a certain extent they would be right, but why would I be like that you might ask?
I've been here when he verbally bullied, harrassed and brought into question the very being of many a person all down to this 'silly' show we all love called Knight Rider. Many may remember Nick, a guy who who created the original UK Knight Rider forum, he took the brunt of a rather scathing attack by Mr Nuggent to which end he created a silly crossed out banner featuring the words 'Knight Rider UK'. I might add he was banned there due to his constant attitude problems. I've read comments about two people connected to Knightcon, two people that worked their backsides off to produce a simply magnificent show only for 'Mr Showbiz -VK-' to spit out his cyberspace dummy because he wasnt listed as a VIP at the 2010 event. It caused him so much upset he felt the need to publicly bad talk them (only to u-turn later) as well as post 'woe to me' type posts on Facebook. Give it a break!? I've had abussive PM's sent to me regarding my career and how he is so far above me and I'll never be anymore than a 'lowly' stuntman..... pfft at least I'm working on movies that get released, thats all I have to say ;-)
What I would like to add is don't believe all the Glen Larson connection talk. I get the feeling that its not what he's making out, of course I have no wish or NEED to actually find out - That said the information he has been gossping about scripts, story ideas etc... MASSIVE no, no in anyones books and I'm willing to bet certain people would hit the roof if they were to know about the 'rep' status he seems to have assumed.

Yep, your right theres no need for any of this, thing is 99.9% is brought on as a reaction to his overstated posts, simple fact.
I agree with some of this. KR IS a silly show, which makes it all the more pathetic that these arguments break out. IMO, nobody in the "KR world" should have an ego. The show is 30 years old and ended 25 years ago, for Christ sake!

It's been bought to my attention that many replica owners also have egos. There are many replicas around, so I don't see what there is to be egotistical about.

I had to laugh at your line about movies that ARE actually being released. No offense to Nick, but that was actually funny. :lol:

One thing I will say publically is that Nick does overstate his posts. But, I've said before that he's sensitive. I'm sure Nick may even admit that he is. But a lot of people are, so he's not the first and only.

If Nick is personally messaging people nasty remarks then that should be taken seriously, as that is something else, completely, and I wouldn't have thought that about somebody who takes pride in himself and his work.

magictorch
Recruit

Post by magictorch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I would like to come back to the decks one more time and speak to the captain again

Captain Nick, please can you just simply answer a few bullet points

> What exactly do you want from this hobby? do you want to be worshiped? do you want to be the online bad guy who takes pleasure from the online fights you cause OR do you want everyone to look at you and simply love you

>Why do you consider yourself to be worthy of standing on a stage with the cast of Knight Rider and people who made the show happen, again what part did you play on the show or what part did you take in the back scenes.

>why do you publicly slate the 2008 show and everything it stands for including how poor Justin is and Paul campbell and how the car is so bad its untrue, then when it suits kiss their online butts. I hope the cast and crew show read your posts and think the same thaughts.

>I am so glad that KRO have not removed a single post you have made and I am so glad with a ssingle click of your name every post you have ever made is documented.

> What exactly is the THING you have done for this online community which you so gladly point out you have done for us all?

On a personal note Captain Nick would you sell your I am a VIP badge and give that money to make money for charity

Again enjoy it while it lasts, because for every one posting member to you there will be 20 who sit back and wish you were removed also and I guess this will eventually bite you hard in the ass.

you Captain like every member here are JUST A FAN of a 1980s TV show, but not one other FAN causes the trouble you do!!!

I hope my account is removed so I can simply read the forum without wanting to comment

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Friends Fans Knight Rider,

The administrators Michael Pajaro and Matthew is right, because we should not have spoken badly to anybody and we have all the fans Knight Rider to respect the rules here in the Forum Knight Rider Online, because we adore the series television Knight Rider.

Please do not criticize the negative.
Use the imagination to change the negative in positive.

Have positive thought.

Thanks.

Alex

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:03 pm

1. Everybody join me: Breathe in... Breathe out... Nice and relaxed...

2. I know people love jumping in on hot-button topics like this. But if you're not also contributing to the regular discussions, well I have a big problem with that. One of you has already been warned about this privately by me.

3. I absolutely believe there is a lot of sincerity in Nick's post, and people who are mentioned in it should accept the compliments at face value.

Having said all that, I'll now address Nick directly:

You set the tone for your post right from the start by comparing it to an Academy Awards acceptance speech, a time when people are honored for their accomplishments. Regardless of what direction your message may have taken, that's the image YOU put in people's heads: the image of you being honored with an award. You have a history of seeking out praise, and every time you do someone calls you out for it. So it really should come as no surprise to you that some people would be bothered by your post.

I'm afraid I'm not buying into this idea that the message was entirely full of pure intentions. You mention that "conditions were not met." That's an odd thing to deliberately put in there. You could have simply said "due to conditions beyond my control", but instead you specifically pointed out that conditions were not met. I don't know what conditions you are referring to, but it sounds like you're taking a subtle stab at either the Festival or Paul.

And you are patting yourself on the back on the bit:
"your support of my efforts"
"push myself to new levels of artistic mastery"
"thanks for continuing to support the things that I do"
These are the type of comments by you that have been flagged before. You post them again, you get the same response. Again, there really should be no surprise here.

I am not going to go line by line and sort out who was appropriate to thank and who was not. And that has nothing to do with my definition of "friendship"; you are not friends with the mayor of Las Vegas. Yet you thanked him and that's... well, odd. I am in no way saying that the mayor shouldn't be thanked or that it isn't a nice gesture, but it's unusual for someone other than the event organizer to do.

Here is the closest analogy I can come up with. Suppose I am invited to a large dinner party with a bunch of people I don't know very well. I might say to them "it was great seeing you" or "the dessert you brought was delicious". That would be my way of recognizing how happy I was that they showed up. But I would NOT say "thank you so much for coming." By saying that, it implies that I was somehow the one throwing the party. And that's the main issue people have with your post. It's not that we have a problem with you thanking people, but you wrote it very much as if you were in charge. That's how it comes across.

I'm sorry if you are offended or appalled. But perhaps you are the one who needs to try to understand where we're coming from.

Mike