Knight Rider Festival 2012: 30th Anniversary

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Festival 2012: 30th Anniversary

Post by neps » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:12 am

Paul wanted us to spread the word here about next years event that he's already churning ideas on:

"Knight Rider Festival 2012: 30th Anniversary"

Just from the title alone, you can go crazy with the possibilities!

Would love to use this thread to start hearing what suggestions and ideas for things to do to celebrate it at the festival, obviously the first one that comes to mind for me is an Original Series cast reunion - with Patricia and Petter Parros. We're all creative types, let our imaginations go wild for a bit!

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight Rider Festival 2012: 30th Anniversary

Post by james olden » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 am

neps wrote:Paul wanted us to spread the word here about next years event that he's already churning ideas on:

"Knight Rider Festival 2012: 30th Anniversary"

Just from the title alone, you can go crazy with the possibilities!

Would love to use this thread to start hearing what suggestions and ideas for things to do to celebrate it at the festival, obviously the first one that comes to mind for me is an Original Series cast reunion - with Patricia and Petter Parros. We're all creative types, let our imaginations go wild for a bit!
i like that idea,i got an idea also to add on, what bout recreating a ki2t replica driving out the flag mobile unit replica and speeding off, like how it was done in the original series. since the stunt couldnt be done on freemont st. it would be done at the las vegas motor speedway that weekend.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 am

Maybe try to get Val Kilmer and William Daniels there to voice KITT & KI3T in some sort of conversation over the loud speakers on freemont st while the cars and acting something out via "hidden stunt driver seats"

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:02 pm

i got someore great ideas !

1.guest apperance by if im correct brian robbins -the famous producer for many shows and movies which at an early age he also played randy merritt on tos season2 episode "soul survivor".

2.this might sound crazy but what about a garth knight look alike contest lol.

3.what about a high preformance ki3t replica vs a high preformance ki2t replica in a drag race.

4.guest apperance Arye gross who at an early age played elliot Sykes in tos season 3 episode "knight and knerd" he also played in many tv shows like csi:ny,he was the narrator for a grown up kevin arnold in the wonder years tv show, and played in many movies which one of his movies he played james lakewood in gone in sixty seconds.

5.guest apperance by Aharon Ipal'e he played durant/kurt rolands in the tos season 4 episode the scent of roses matter of fact maybee we would recreate a scene at the next knight rider wedding on freemont which he shows up durant and tries to attack the hoff and Catherine hickland but a ki2t replica stops him this time.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

kittkattKarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkattKarr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Wow, all really cool ideas, I am really going to try to get to next year's festival.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:50 pm

I would def be up for a KITT vs KARR drag race! If I can swing on getting my KITT done by next festival.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:30 pm

also how about david hassalhoff appearing on a video screen as garth knight interrupting the hoff while he making his speech on stage telling him that he will be back and challenging him for a final showdown.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:37 pm

My big dream is that I really liked that Patricia McPherson could be present in the coming years about the events of the show "Knight Rider 2012: 30th Anniversary", because Patricia McPherson is the best actress in television series Knight Rider and Rebecca Holden also and Peter Parros, but Patricia McPherson is a very special woman when she was Dra. Bonnie Barstow and computer science and mechanics of the car KITT whose name is the abbreviation (Knight Industries Two Thousand) or (Knight Industries Transportation transistor) and is the Pontiac Firerbird Trans-Am KITT Super Cars!

The Patricia McPherson (Dra.Bonnie Barstow) is the best ever!
Thank you very much.

Alex

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:43 pm

i would love to see the surviving cast altogether next year. bonnie, april, RC3, michael knight, voice of KITT, voice of KARR and maybe some more villains.

if there's just one small thing i'd add.. an actual Q&A session with questions from the audience. i think this happened the first year.. but the second and this years it didn't seem to have people asking questions.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:08 am

I have but one request....

I want paul Casey to go back up on the stage and sing...

Knight Rider (Elvis Presley Version)

Again....

Pretty pretty pweeeeeseeeee????

I loved that the 1st year and have missed it every year since. :D

*request submitted*
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

Oh Lord 30 years :shock:
I feel really really old.. :lol:

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

MFK, I have the video of elvis singing that during one of the movies he starred in.....

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Jealous!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

knight-online
Recruit

Post by knight-online » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi,

very cool - but I think nearly impossible - would be a real live (1:1) replica from Devons office and/or the Semi (interior)...

Greetings from Germany,

Elmar
Author of the German book "Das Knight Rider Buch" (licensed by NBC Universal, ISBN 978-3-8370-2220-9)
http://www.das-knight-rider-buch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

German Fansite:
http://www.knight-online.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 pm

There are so many things I can think of that would be amazing to see at a 30th anniversary Festival. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
• Have David Hasselhoff and Justin Bruening in attendance. I mean, they ARE Knight Rider just as much as KITT, it wouldn't be a truly remarkable event without at least one of them.
• Props from the shows on display. How awesome would it be to see some of the original stuff that appeared on screen?
• More original cast members. Patricia McPherson, William Daniels, Peter Parros, Deanna Russo, Smith Cho, Bruce Davidson, Paul Frees and Peter Cullen are among some of the ones I'd love to see. Also, more people from behind the scenes like Stu Phillips, Glen Larson and the crew who worked on the shows.
• One stunt performance. A "turbo boost", KITT driving into the back of a semi while moving, KITT pulling a 180 or ski mode would be unbelievable. I know there are legal and liability issues with this kind of setup down on Fremont Street but maybe have the stunt held in a nearby parking lot or race track or something?
• A true Q&A session from audience members to the cast and crew. If there are a lot of celebs who turn out, maybe have multiple smaller Q&A sessions to give everyone a good amount of time to answer.
• If there's more merchandise, set it out for sale around the clock at a dedicated table. That way, once the event kicks off, it's clear where to buy stuff for the autograph sessions and such.
• Maybe hold a panel or talk indoors in a conference room where cast and crew can trade stories or talk about topics like "how to write for Knight Rider" for aspiring fan fic writers or "The stunts of Knight Rider" or "The music of Knight Rider."

A lot of my suggestions come from attending many sci-fi conventions where things are very well organized and there are lots of creative things to do at various points through the day. I realize the amount of effort it takes to pull of something like Knight Rider Festival must be immense even on the scale it was this year but maybe getting input from other convention organizers to see what they would suggest might help for next year.

Overall, I was very happy with this year's Festival and I can't wait for the next one!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 am

I like this guy's suggestions...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 pm

i approve of adam's suggestions.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

I ditto all of Adam's suggestions, especially the ones about the fic writers mingling with the crew-writers. I chatted with Neil about this awhile ago and Matthew about it while he and I were watching the feeds, and having some kind of thing for the fan fiction writers who kept the fandom stirring in between series would be really cool... :)

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I like all the Ideas I've seen. All of these would be GREAT Ways to Celebrate Knight Rider's 30th Birthday. :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:17 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:I ditto all of Adam's suggestions, especially the ones about the fic writers mingling with the crew-writers. I chatted with Neil about this awhile ago and Matthew about it while he and I were watching the feeds, and having some kind of thing for the fan fiction writers who kept the fandom stirring in between series would be really cool... :)
Definitely would, Scott. The fact is that we've got so many celebrated writers in this community, that a festival aiming for built-in online interaction would be missing a huge piece of the puzzle if it didn't try and involve people like you, Laura, Rusti and the other Edwards winners on some level. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:51 am

Laura as in Knightimmortal? Is she even still around?
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:29 am

not really. she hasn't been around the community in quite awhile. she told me i was the only one she still talks with.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 pm

She hasn't posted here in years but I wonder if her 'The Foundation' site is still going.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 am

her original site was taken down years ago. the other foundation is still going, though.