It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt1
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011

Post by kitt1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 am

It's OFFICIAL! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 is now launched.

I am proud to announce the launch of the premier KNIGHT RIDER event in the Southeast and the Eastcoast. This is event is put on by fans for fans. A lot of time and effort has been put into this event to make it bigger and better than last year. I invite EVERYONE in the KNIGHT RIDER hobby to attend and participate. Whether you're a KITT/KARR conversion owner or just a fan of the t.v. series.

Please visit the website, http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE GUEST LINE UP IS NOTHING SHORT OF STELLAR!

Michael Scheffe-Creator and builder of the original KITT for the series pilot.

Rebecca Holden-"April Curtis" herself from the 2nd season of KNIGHT RIDER

Catherine Hickland-"Stevie", Michael's fiance from 3 fan favorite episodes.

Ron Martinez-Unit production manager and producer for all 4 seasons of KNIGHT RIDER

Don't miss individual question and answer panels with the stars! Spend an hour withour special guests as they discuss their careers and time on KNIGHT RIDER.

Also, don't miss A KNIGHT WITH THE STARS! An evening of fun, entertainment, and a few surprises!

I'm still in the process of locating the perfect hotel. We have out-grown the one from last year. The website will be updated as new information is available.

Don't miss out on what will be THE KNIGHT RIDER event for the Southeast and the entire Eastcoast. I personally look forward to meeting fellow KNIGHT RIDER fans.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

ws6air
Operative

Re: It's Official! SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011

Post by ws6air » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 am

Go ahead and count me in. I think I can be there this time. At least I can tell the band this weekend is mine! Jjokin. Sorry about last year, heard it was good. Still got to meet Andy G and Thone on their way down. Looks like a good group you have for the guests, I'll definately be there though..... Talk to ya soon Mark!

marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 pm

OMG !!!! Finaly I have to hurry to go back to the states....OMG I try to be there.... :mrgreen: :D 8)
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:13 pm

I encourage anyone who enjoys Knight Rider to attend Mark's event. I have spoken to Mark several times about his plans and I know he's worked very hard to put this event together. He has a great line-up of guests. His approach is a more intimate setting where fans can get up close and personal with the cast/crew of the original Knight Rider and really delve into what it was like to work on this epic series.

Put politics aside for a couple days and give him a shot to show you what he can do! Mark makes amazing watches and awesome license plates. I think he can pull off yet another successful venture that continues to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive.

=VK=
:dash:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 am

Nick,
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. This is going to be one great event! It's going to be a lot of fun. The reason I started producing the SOUTHERN KNIGHTS events was because no one else was doing it. I felt there were plenty of fans and conversionists in the Southeast and the Eastcoast. Last year we had people come from as far away as upstate New York, Mass., and Ohio. To me that says alot about how many fans are wanting to attend a KNIGHT RIDER event on this side of the Mississippi. Ticket orders are already starting to pour in. Don't miss out on a great 2 day event.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Victor Kros wrote:I encourage anyone who enjoys Knight Rider to attend Mark's event. I have spoken to Mark several times about his plans and I know he's worked very hard to put this event together. He has a great line-up of guests. His approach is a more intimate setting where fans can get up close and personal with the cast/crew of the original Knight Rider and really delve into what it was like to work on this epic series.

Put politics aside for a couple days and give him a shot to show you what he can do! Mark makes amazing watches and awesome license plates. I think he can pull off yet another successful venture that continues to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive.

=VK=

terrybuell
Stranger

Post by terrybuell » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

Looks like its gonna be another Fun event. Count me in! :kitt:

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:36 pm

Rebecca Holden+Catherine Hickland=EPIC WIN :D
Good luck with your event ;)
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Josh,
I hope you do try to make it. And thanks to everyone else that has made positive comments about the event. Memberships are already coming in. Don't miss out on this great show. The website will be updated as more details become available.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Josch Schulz wrote:OMG !!!! Finaly I have to hurry to go back to the states....OMG I try to be there.... :mrgreen: :D 8)

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 pm

I am so going!
I live in Louisiana so I have no excuse NOT to go. lol
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Code: Select all

Josh,
I hope you do try to make it. And thanks to everyone else that has made positive comments about the event. Memberships are already coming in. Don't miss out on this great show. The website will be updated as more details become available.
Depends on my Visa...today (German Time) I will finish the last papers and then I should return soon by the end of february. I do not wont to miss thiss and already saved money for everything. Nice to see that Taoworm is coming to, what makes our projekt easy :good: :mrgreen: Guys wish me luck with my Visa :wink: :kitt:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 am

OK folks. A little update. I received a very nice email from Mr. Michael Scheffe, and then had a very nice 2 hour phone call with him. What a GREAT GUY! He is very jazzed about coming to this event and is more than happy to do an hour talk about his career and his involvment with KNIGHT RIDER. He will be bringing photos and material from the original build to show during his presentation. If you have ever wanted to meet the man that created KITT and be involved in this first ever type talk/question & answer presentation, then don't miss out on this fantastic event. Michael told me that he is very awed and humbled by meeting the fans and the conversion owners. I am scheduled to talk to one of the other guests on the phone on Thursday, per their request. I promise I will keep everyone updated as updates become available. Everyone is encouraged to get their memberships in as early as possible.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:59 am

Sounds great Mark,

Michael Scheffe is one of the most humble, sincere, fan friendly guys from the cast/crew I have ever had the pleasure of knowing not just as an artist and professional but also a close friend. He is without a doubt a master of his craft and I encourage anyone who has any interest in Knight Rider to take the time to meet him. Michael is not just a man who designed and built KITT, he's also an experience...a memory you'll treasure forever.

=VK=

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey Guys :good:

Okay some news here to. Today I get news that I have my Visa soon and return in March. No madder what comes I will be there with my wife...toegther with 2 friends from Georgia. It is my first year in USA then, and you guys give me this great start :shock: :mrgreen: :good: Wish me luck for the rest and do not forget me :wink:

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 am

Josh,
I look forward to meeting you.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Josch Schulz wrote:Hey Guys :good:

Okay some news here to. Today I get news that I have my Visa soon and return in March. No madder what comes I will be there with my wife...toegther with 2 friends from Georgia. It is my first year in USA then, and you guys give me this great start :shock: :mrgreen: :good: Wish me luck for the rest and do not forget me :wink:

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Hey Mark

Okay here the great news ! I am home in March YEHA :mrgreen: Please do me a fafour and give me a contactinformation in case there is a problem or something. You have Facebook, Skype ore something? Please write me a PM. You make the first year in USA so special to me and I hope so bad that I can start with my Season 5 KITT in time before I come you know. I try my best :good:

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:06 am

Where in Atlanta? I live North of Atlanta in Alpharetta.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 pm

It will be in Gwinnett. Trying to narrow down a hotel. However, currently I'm under the weather.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Knight-Rider wrote:Where in Atlanta? I live North of Atlanta in Alpharetta.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm

@Mark

I added you on Facebook, just to make sure all is allright :good: Press thumbs...hopefully I return in March :mrgreen:

sgtyoung
Volunteer

Post by sgtyoung » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Since I am going to be unable to attend the show in Vegas, I definitely plan to attend the Southern Knights Show. My ONLY disappointment is that Southwest Airlines does not fly to that area. Any suggestions on an alternative airline?

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Great to have you aboard. I think you'll have a great time. I look forward to meeting you.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
sgtyoung wrote:Since I am going to be unable to attend the show in Vegas, I definitely plan to attend the Southern Knights Show. My ONLY disappointment is that Southwest Airlines does not fly to that area. Any suggestions on an alternative airline?

blackthorntk
Operative

Post by blackthorntk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Ah all of you are so lucky I can't go I'm stuck on the rock of Paradise in Hawaii infact isn't that where the last episode of the kr mustang series ended :P. I wish they would remake the show and continue it off in Hawaii and cancel Hawaii 50 witch sucks :P.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 am

Another couple of updates. I signed the contract with the hotel on Tuesday. The info will be posted on the boards and on the website in a few days.

Also, we are only 50 days away from the April 30 cut-off date that the membership rates go up from $50.00 to $60.00. Everyone that is going should be sending in their memberships ASAP! This money is needed for expenses such as hotel facilities, guest airfare & expenses, and other things. Paypal money to mpuette@hotmail.com. Be sure to give me the names of all persons that memberships are purchased for. The names are needed for membership badges. If you don't have a badge, you don't get in.

Also, I talked again to Michael Scheffe last night. He told me that while going through his files, he found sketches and info for the 1-tv dash, etc... that he created when he consulted on seasons 3 & 4. He will be showing this and original KITT build photos during his talk on Saturday at the show. This is the first time EVER that this material has been seen publicly. Don't miss out on this opportunity to see this rare material and hear the creator of KITT discuss the process and details of building the first cars used in the pilot.

This is turning into one great KNIGHT RIDER event. I am very proud to be involved in putting it on. If you are building a conversion, or just a fan, this event is NOT to be missed. I look forward to meeting you all.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Another update! I was privileged today to have a nice long telephone conversation with Stevie herself, Catherine Hickland. We've been emailing back and forth, but I finally got to talk to her. She is very excited to be coming to SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA and meeting everyone. She will be joining in on entertaining at the A KNIGHT WITH THE STARS on Saturday night. I have heard nothing but great things about Catherine and what a pleasure it is to meet her. If she's anything in person, like she was on the phone, you're all in for a real treat. Believe it or not, the weekend of SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA is the ONLY weekend she had available for the next several months. I think it's fate that we were able to get her for the event.

Please remember, if you plan to attend, go ahead and get your membership payment sent in. Also, I'm still waiting for the website to be updated with the hotel information. If you want to go ahead and make your reservations, here's the info. The host hotel will be...

Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place
1775 Pleasant Hill Road · Duluth, Georgia 30096 USA

Special SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA 2011 Rates

SINGLE RATE DOUBLE RATE TRIPLE RATE QUAD RATE
$82.00 $82.00 $82.00 $82.00

These rates are good for Friday and Saturday night.
Normal rates are $94.00 per night.

Here's a link to those special rates

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/a ... p=resvlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the Check Rates & Availability box on the left, click FIND. This will take you directly where to make your reservations.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERNKNIGHTS

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am

Even though I posted Hotel information here on the board, the website has now been updated with Hotel information as well. Everyone should go ahead and make their reservations and send in their membership money. This is going to to be the eastcoast KNIGHT RIDER event, not to be missed.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

http://www.southernknightsatlanta.com/Hotel.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks Mark! Shaping up to be a great event! :cool: