Great News for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Great New for KITT Mustang Replica Builders!

Post by krkitt1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 pm

KoehlerIndustries wrote:Does the Trufiber Venom Hood re use your factory front latch or do I have to buy one specific for the venom hood? I have read online that the bolts holding the latch on to the hood are differen't in size? Help is required!!!!
Yes, The front hood latch and all the bolts to bolt the hood on is reused. I have the Trufiber hood with recessed hood pins, thats the way to go. You will have to install and bracket that the hood pins lock onto.

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 am

Thank You krkitt1!! The Trufiber Hood is the best way to go!!! Does anyone have any feedback they would like to post about there venom hood? I have heard some mix reviews but alot of satisfied people over the past year about the quality of the hood!!! It is, in the end, the best hood to go with for KI3T!!!

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:53 am

Can I get a couple ideas on how long to make the racing stripes and where to purchase them? I think there 10inch stripes but not sure. I know there smaller on the venom hood and front bumper than from the rest of the car. Just would like to get some opinions!!! In my town, they want to much for stripes!!! So if someone has a place were to get them at a good price, that would be great!!!

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:08 pm

I love my hood!! The biggest part is finding someone to do the prep and paint work on the hood. Mine was painted 3 times and then I was told thats what I get, after $800.00 These hoods take a lot of prep time so research the bodyshops first and don't just go with the lowest price. I was told between $800 and $1200, I should have gone with the guy that told me $900 because I saw a Trufiber hood he did and it was great!. I went with the 8" stripes all the way on the car, now I wish I would have done 8" on the hood and front nose and 10" on the rest of the car. I took my car to a Sign Shop and they cut the stripes out themself. Again, do your research because again, I had a problem. I first got the stripes on the whole car except the rear bumper, because I didn't have the KR bumper on at the time. When I saw that I would be going to Vegas without the KR bumper, I had them stripe it for me, Well he made a 3 inch mark on the bumper with a razor blade and then said that he didn't do it and the stripes are off a little. If you just look at the car you can't tell, but I Can!! I know every mark on my car and we got into it and he told me that he may call the cops, so I told him to go ahead so I could file a complaint on the damage he did to my car. He gave me my keys and told me to have a nice day. When I install the KR bumper, I will make the trip to Chicago to get all the stripes redone the right way. By the way the stripes cost $290. One more thing, the place that did the stripes also mess up on making the lense's for the hood 2 times!!! I hate this place!!! I did get them made and I'm very happy with them. I made the defuser's and installed them and they look great in the hood, now just waiting for the scanner to get back to install and then head out to Vegas!!!!!

lphill01
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by lphill01 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:20 pm

That's my dillema. Get the fiberglass hood and kill myself on prep work, or shell out the $1500 for the carbon fiber one.

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks for the info krkitt1!!! The body shop in my town said about 900$. He did my spoiler, side emblems, and side stripes last year before I put the car away. He does great work and his prices are fair. I saw the pictures of your car and I agree, you should have went with 10inch stripes. Don t feel bad though, I have to re-do my side stripes because they were done in grey instead of the matte black and didn t realize it until they were on the car! :(

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:53 am

lphill01 wrote:That's my dillema. Get the fiberglass hood and kill myself on prep work, or shell out the $1500 for the carbon fiber one.

I went with the fiberglass and it looks awesome!!! When its done and on the car, I will let you know my opinion. My body shop said it needs some TLC, But I have confidence in them. I know not all shops are the same though. Its a gamble I ve read but no one here has anything bad so far to say about the hood! I have also read the 3rd generation of the venom hood is better that the first run when they came out.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:42 pm

I may have the second generation hood, the inside opening of the hood is smaller than Matt's from what me and Taoworm can see.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:09 pm

does anybody have step by step orb install pics as well as an exploded view of the dash???

thanks guys

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Pierre,
I have asked all of my customers to not take pictures of the dash install and to never post them publicly.
Don't worry though, the Orb comes with directions and PDFs on the dash. :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Yes, the Orb comes with directions and PDFs on the dash. Also if you need help, Taoworm is great at helping you out. :good:

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:45 am

Taoworm????????? Call me...

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Image New Carbon Fiber Covers.

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:22 pm

[imgImage][/img]

krkitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krkitt1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Wow, That came out strange, It's a video of the new Pypes Pype Bomb Muffler deletes. Also, the first time my wife has ever started my car.

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:08 am

Sounds great! A little throatier, with a deeper tone than mine.

lphill01
Operative

Post by lphill01 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:44 am

KARR lives! (At least partially.) Here's a mock up of my scanner sitting on my stock hood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_YdVVJTl3g

KoehlerIndustries
Recruit

Post by KoehlerIndustries » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:22 pm

My Hood, Front conversion Kit and Rear bumpers came in and are now at the body shop!!! Should be painted and installed by next week!!! If the damn snow in NY would just stop falling, I could get KI3T out!!! Im also having the trunk emblem put on. Alls I need for the exterior is racing stripes, scanner and Rims!!!! Rims I might wait on until I have the cash instead of racking up the old Credit Card. Should look good with the GT rims I have for now. They almost look like GT 500 Rims, not the STAR pattern rims :mrgreen:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow KrKitt1 sound great and Iphill looking good :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:51 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Pierre,
I have asked all of my customers to not take pictures of the dash install and to never post them publicly.
Don't worry though, the Orb comes with directions and PDFs on the dash. :good:
Well in a post from a year ago, here is the link, viewtopic.php?p=189663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the nice gentleman from Germany posted the pictures that I think Pierre is looking for, so I am not sure when you started your customer picture ban, especially since you comment on the post how great his install looks, but in the spirit of helping out Pierre, and since these were posted publicly on this site, here are the pictures I think Pierre was looking for.

My opinion, is that itlooks like a whole lotta cutting up of a Mustang dash for one little 7 inch flatscreen television, plus it would be kinda hard to undo that if you decide to sell it in the future. Also, what happens with the vents being blocked with all that? I bet that if you run the cooling, and it has no where to go that you will frost up your speedo gauges, possibly causing more damage to your car, but again, these observations are just my opinion.

Oh well, here you go
ImageImageImageImageImage
and finally
Now a photo from a screen used car for reference
To me, it does not look like the screen car orb from the show but that it up to each individual to decide I guess, as you can trade screen accurate for some flashing lights, and hopeful voice response, when it chooses to work, plus the added cost of a car computer too, ouch, or go another way to get the exact look you want for your replica.

Hope this helped Pierre!

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:54 pm

thanks
yes it helped but what is the material behind the orb assemblie look like some aluminium thing and where does the micro for speaking come?

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:03 pm

I would send a PM to Radioman from the author of the topic I linked you too in my thread, I am sure he can answer these questions.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm

I send him a PM got no respons and his site is shutted down as well ,I wonder If he still has his car

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Maybe he got taken out for posting forbidden pictures of KI3K's functions, and their installation by Dr. Graiman or maybe a FLAG elite hit squad.

Only the Shadow knows.....

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 am

Pierre, don't listen to "Kitt2k" AKA John.
He is the only customer I ever had that I had to put on a ban list.
He bad mouths my parts when he can because he's upset I won't sell him an Orb or any other K3000 part because he treated me in such a ass-hat-ish way when I made him a scanner.
(The only part I sold him.)

kitt2k wrote: My opinion, is that itlooks like a whole lotta cutting up of a Mustang dash for one little 7 inch flatscreen television,
The very minimum is cut out for the instillation. The screen fits PERFECTLY into the space provided. The screen is also the correct size for the voice Orb to look and work right. How would you install a screen, stick it on the dash with tape? OF COURSE you have to cut into the dash to accommodate the Orb. They had to do that on the show cars too.
kitt2k wrote:plus it would be kinda hard to undo that if you decide to sell it in the future.
Why would you "undo it" if you sold it in the future? If anyone sold there replica in the future they would sell it as a Knight Rider car not a Mustang.
That's like saying "if you want to sell your K2000 Tran-AM in the future you better think about installing that K2000 dash if you want to sell your Trans-AM later on." That makes NO sense. :|
Your reaching John... :?
kitt2k wrote:Also, what happens with the vents being blocked with all that? I bet that if you run the cooling, and it has no where to go that you will frost up your speedo gauges, possibly causing more damage to your car
Nothing of the sort happens John! Stop lying!
The air blows stronger out of the other two side vents. No condensation. No problems.
Ask anyone who has my Orb installed.
kitt2k wrote: I guess, as you can trade screen accurate for some flashing lights, and hopeful voice response, when it chooses to work, plus the added cost of a car computer too, ouch, or go another way to get the exact look you want for your replica.
"Flashing lights"? What in the hell are you talking about? It's a special bright screen with the ACTUAL graphics they used in production of the series, not some silly LEDs. How the hell are the actual graphics used on the show NOT screen accurate? (WTF?) Plus you talk about it being a bad thing that it responds to your voice? Are you crazy?! That's a PLUS! Do you know the guys that CREATED the voice Orb graphic (Master Key Films) LOVED my K3000 Interactive Voice Orb? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdEunY-EueE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John you need to lay off the hate, you look foolish because your R E A C H I N G for reasons to tell folks to not buy from me...it's getting old. :|
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke