Don Peake Needs Your Input on Upcoming KR Music Release!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Re: Don Peake Needs Your Input on Upcoming KR Music Release!

Post by Chief Oddball » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 am

Hahaha, thanks Matthew...and good point! :)

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by james olden » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:07 pm

omg have you all forgot the famous foundation for law and government music thats a real classic over all the music. for example its the music that was playing in the background on knight of the juggernaut when michael was in the board meeting and they was just telling him that he is on probation at the moment until devon miles steps in and has his sayso.

---

you guys forgot the origional famous flag music for example the on 3:34 the music that was laways playing on the origional series when they showed the flag semi or flag mansion

http://www.youtube.com/v/GG6s66yrcuo?fs
Last edited by Matthew on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To merge a double post, and eliminate code for embedding a YouTube video.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm sorry to bump this topic, but I'd thought everyone would be interested in how its coming along. We havent heard anything in 4 months, so i'm a bit worried. Don has given up on releasing more knight rider music has he?
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Don was at Knight Rider Festival III this weekend handing out cards that announced 3 new Knight Rider score CDs but it didn't say when they would be released. I'm still on my way home but when I get there, I'll scan the card in and upload for all to see here. Offhand, I know that Killer KITT, Knight of the Juggernaut and Chariots of Gold were all spread across those 3 discs and I think 1 or 2 more episodes will be covered too. Stay tuned!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:10 pm

what about the full version of the flag theme music which we only herd at the end of the scent of roses.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm

KFCreator wrote:Don was at Knight Rider Festival III this weekend handing out cards that announced 3 new Knight Rider score CDs but it didn't say when they would be released. I'm still on my way home but when I get there, I'll scan the card in and upload for all to see here. Offhand, I know that Killer KITT, Knight of the Juggernaut and Chariots of Gold were all spread across those 3 discs and I think 1 or 2 more episodes will be covered too. Stay tuned!
Well, that's it - I can die happy! Three of my favorite episodes on the books!

Thanks for the update - I'd love to see that card if you can get it scanned in. Awesome news!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 am

Here are the details:
Volume 4 (length: 47:30): Killer K.I.T.T. (including Scene Q's 1-xx) and A Nice Indecent Little Town (including Scene Q's xx-xx)
Volume 6 (length: 38:30): Chariots of Gold (including Scene Q's 1-xx)
Volume 7 (length: 50:10): Knight of the Juggernaut (including Scene Q's 1-xx) and Return to Cadiz (including Scene Q's xx-xx)

All will be released via Hitchcock Media but I still can't find a release date anywhere, even online. Don also is going to be releasing a CD album called "I, Desire: The Vampire" from 1982 which he says was the "gateway to Knight Rider."
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:07 am

Great episodes selected for the soundtracks :) Are these going to be released as a mp3 download or physical CD's?

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 am

KFCreator wrote:Here are the details:
Volume 4 (length: 47:30): Killer K.I.T.T. (including Scene Q's 1-xx) and A Nice Indecent Little Town (including Scene Q's xx-xx)
Volume 6 (length: 38:30): Chariots of Gold (including Scene Q's 1-xx)
Volume 7 (length: 50:10): Knight of the Juggernaut (including Scene Q's 1-xx) and Return to Cadiz (including Scene Q's xx-xx)

All will be released via Hitchcock Media but I still can't find a release date anywhere, even online. Don also is going to be releasing a CD album called "I, Desire: The Vampire" from 1982 which he says was the "gateway to Knight Rider."
Thanks for the info, KFCreator. I noticed you've got volumes 4, 6 and 7 listed -- is there a volume 5?

I've dropped an email to Hitchcock Media Records expressing interest in the upcoming volumes and asking if there's been a timeframe set for their release yet.

I can't recall the score from "A Nice, Indecent Little Town" or "Return to Cadiz"...time to break out the DVDs!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:54 pm

I thought it was odd there was no volume 5 either. Maybe it's a misprint on the card? Don was saying at the Festival that they only have one shot at digitizing the original tapes because they literally have to bake them and if it doesn't work, they can't go back and do it again. Scary!

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Ah, so there was no vol. 5 mentioned on the card either...sounds most likely to be a misprint.

I once had a conversation with Ron Hitchcock where he told me a bit about the "baking" process. At first I thought that was simply a euphemism for some kind of mastering process...I was surprised to learn that they literally do BAKE the magnetic tapes. I found some fairly interesting articles on the web about this, like this one:

http://www.audio-restoration.com/baking.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is apparently a problem mostly with tape that went into manufacture in the mid- to late-1970s, when the binder formula was changed. Likely a lot of the tape Don used for recording was of this stock.

Most of the articles I read suggest that while baking is a temporary solution that only gives you a short time to work with, most of the time it can be re-baked. It's possible that the KR master tapes have degraded pretty badly if this process can only be done once.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:33 am

Scans of the card Don was handing out...

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks Joe, you beat me to it with scanning the card in!

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks Joe, very cool scan!

I heard back from Ron Hitchcock at Hitchcock Media that they're trying to get the new recordings available for sale by the end of the month. Even if it slips into April, that's still right around the corner. Looking forward to it!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm

He said like half a year ago there was going to be a 2CD set on of complete episode, I think it was one of the Goliath ones. Don't recall. I'm betting that's Voilume 5.

Last I read, these were going to be download-only; has that changed? Non mp3, regular loseless, actually physical CDs?
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:55 pm

I think they are going to be offered on CD, although admittedly I'm inferring that from Ron Hitchcock's words.

occhile1984
Volunteer

Post by occhile1984 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Any word yet on when the soundtracks will be released? I know I heard that it was supposed to be at the end of last month or even the beginning of April. To quote a phrase "the suspense is killing me..."

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:02 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:He said like half a year ago there was going to be a 2CD set on of complete episode, I think it was one of the Goliath ones. Don't recall. I'm betting that's Voilume 5.
So does that mean that the episodes included above are going to be on one disc? Or three? Im confused.
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:00 pm

No, no -- that list of scores/volume, was missing Volume 5. I'm saying that's probably the 2CD set, which, looking back, Peake said was for the episode "Goliath".
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 pm

tharpdevenport, it seems that you are at least partially correct!

Some of you may have noticed a few days ago that Hitchcock Media's website updated to note the imminent release of four new Knight Rider volumes. I sent in an email asking if there really was a fourth title that had been kept under wraps, and Ron Hitchcock verified that it's true. He wasn't yet at liberty to name the episodes on the album, but said that they're working on four well-liked and requested titles. If you consider each part of the two-part "Goliath" and "Goliath Returns" a separate title, then that makes four. ;) We shall see for ourselves quite soon, I think.

Ron says their timetable has slipped a little bit but that he's pretty sure they'll be ready with the new volumes in time for the San Diego Comic Con.

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Mon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Now this is my punishment for being away from the forums for the past few months. I just came by to check what's going on and... I can't believe I've missed the "poll"! Such an amazing news on the soundtracks I can't even find words to describe my happiness! At first I was angry that I didn't get a chance to take part in selecting the episodes, but then, when I saw the tracklist... I'm speechless! CHARIOT OF GOLD!!! Finally I will get to hear the opening music for that episode in it's full glory! I must say, this is one of the biggest dreams from early childhood COMING TRUE!

Thank you so much Mr Don Peake, and thank you Joe for the input.

A Nice Indecent Little Town and Return to Cadiz are another great picks, as I'm the fan of the first two seasons' music. I hope that Merchants of Death will be released one day too...

I'm super excited like a little girl. I'm listening to the first 3 soundtracks all the time when driving my Toyota :lol: Those new CDs will be such a great addition to my Knight Rider mix CD!

Mr Don Peake! If you read this, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS!! Knight Rider community is the best community in the internet that I know! The legend of the original series is still alive, thanks to a places like this. I'm so ashamed that I've been away for this past few months.

Can't wait for the release date!

OK now I'll just shut up :lol:

:kitt:

occhile1984
Volunteer

Post by occhile1984 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 am

any word on the soundtracks being released?

Chief Oddball
Recruit

Post by Chief Oddball » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am

occhile1984 wrote:any word on the soundtracks being released?
I haven't heard anything lately. Hitchcock Media's website used to say that they were coming "by mid-July", but about a week ago that changed to "this summer".

Black Cat
Recruit

Post by Black Cat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 am

So now the Comic Con is over, any news regarding the new releases?

2nddaniel2011
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by 2nddaniel2011 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Has there been any update on the release of any more of Don Peakes work? Killer Kitt seems to be on everyones wish list and rightly so. Season 4 had the best soundtrack, although two of my favourites aren't mentioned.
They are Kittnap and Knight of the rising son.