Your opinion on TKR : Episode "KRO"

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Your opinion on TKR : Episode "KRO"

Post by james olden » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:37 am

You guys remember Team Knight Rider Episode "K.R.O." most people think this was the best episode from T.K.R. what did you all think about the knight reformulation one and martin jantzen?? do you think that this story line could have fitted better with Knight Rider 2008 series?? Write back to tell me what you think.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Vincent
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Your opinion on TKR : Episode "KRO"

Post by Vincent » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:18 pm

K.R.O. wasn't just the best episode in the TKR series, it was the only truly great one they had. Showing how Knight Reformulation One and Martin Jantzen fell from grace after the then Head attempted to repeat the KI2T/Michael Knight success of the 1980s, and failed.

A very interesting 'What If?' scenario that also detailed how the TKR team was developed the way it was, with intentional flaws and vunerabilities.

Had the rest of TKR been on the same level as that episode, they may very well have had a second season.

As for fitting it into the 2008 series? I don't think it could work all that well. Remember, KI3T only had one dedicated driver, same as K.R.O., so couldn't work with the 2008 storyline. And for 2008 series, KR2000 and TKR were removed from the continuity, so the option of bringing them back for another go was removed right from the start.

Vince

:dash4:

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 pm

My thoughts exactly, Vince!! KRO is the best TKR Episode hands down. In my opinion it should have been the pilot episode.

The "Anti-Micheal and Anti-KITT", seemed loyal to each other till the end. When KRO was reactivated, it went looking for Jantzen, similar to what KITT would do. These two had a interesting bond that was even stronger than the TKR team's (IN MY OPINION).

James Marland stepped down from FLAG as head of TKR because he chose Martin in the beginning. Martin Jantzen (or Martin Knight as I call him), must've had many similarities to Micheal Knight as well as KRO being based off what FLAG had from info on KITT. It would have been awesome to see what went wrong and how they got captured.
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

trav. knight
Recruit

Post by trav. knight » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 am

Personal,(of course TKR was alittle chessy compaired to the true knight rider serries)The K.R.O episode is my fan favorite..
If the 5 TKR vheicles and K.R.O were built, it rases the question of how many other ones were made before them?
what else was being hidden?
Would have been nice if they had continued it and brought K.A.R.R into an episode.
1 man/ 1 car/ 1 diffrence....

1 man can make a diffrence,but you must decide to...

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Hands down, their best episode. If only the writing hadn't resorted to a magician's trick of distraction to push some of the plot.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:13 am

I liked that they mentioned Devon miles,Michael Knight,Kitt a lot in this episode.I saw this blue beam of energy which I thought was possibly what kitt's passive laser restraint system was back in the 80's.I saw kitts scanner in purple on Kro's heads up displayvertically.They chose a good color scheme to keep from kitt to kro in terms of the body.A few flashbacks to the earlier kr showing how Michael may have stopped Jantzen or possible the creation of kro on the foundation grounds by possibly guest star Patricia Mcpherson would have been nice.Showed the grapling hook system kitt used,laser system.Missiles, I didn't like too much since it showed the transation from non violent weapons to more violent arsenal from Kitt to Kro.I liked how the car formed a bond with its driver and tried saving him but didn't have Kitts ejector seat to forcefully eject him from the cabin.I liked how after staring into James Marlands eyes,he knew he was a failure to what he could have been and decided to end his miserable life.I liked that it was in memory of the late,great Edward Mulhare.

3rings
Recruit

Post by 3rings » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 am

I really enjoyed the episode of KRO! Now if Universal will just put TKR out on DVD would be very nice!!! What's the holdup?

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm

are there any fan fictions about kro
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm

I've seen everything KR, even KR 2010....but not this.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Skav wrote:I've seen everything KR, even KR 2010....but not this.
you havent seen the tkr episode k.r.o. ??? is that what you sayin

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:08 am

james olden wrote:
TKR did have some strange stations in some areas...and running times. I'm not at all surprised that some missed out on the "second try" at Action Pack's Knight Rider revival.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 am

K.R.O. ranks #3 on my list. (Best is "Legion of Doom", the final episode, then "Et Tu Dante" where the cars get a virus.)

K.R.O. is not bad for TKR, but the big problem I have with the episode is that the car literally has only 6 lines of dialog. He is not really a character, but just a tool.

KARR was fun and interesting not because he had KITT's abilities, but because he was an interesting character. By comparison, K.R.O. just wasn't much fun to watch.

http://www.teamknightrider.com/episodes/104/104eps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 am

Oh, and Team Knight Rider is available on Hulu.com (you may need to be a Hulu Plus subscriber to see all the episodes). It is also available on iTunes for $1.99 an episode or $34.99 for the entire series.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 pm

james olden wrote:
Sorry, I must have been tired when I wrote that last post here.

I mean that I have watched some of TKR, but never caught the "KRO" episode. If I remember correctly, I think I actually got bored of the show when it was shown here in the UK, and stopped watching it. It didn't appeal to me.

But I'll have to try and see this one because many people say it is really good!

I remember the last episode when we saw MK from behind and KITT in the form of a globe or something. Really poor, in my opinion.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;