IMPORTANT UPDATE - KRF III Merchandise

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

IMPORTANT UPDATE - KRF III Merchandise

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:16 am

Hello guys and gals,

I am pretty exhausted here from all the sorting and packing today but I wanted to give you a very important update that effects some of my KRF III merchandise offerings.

I have always been honest with you so I have some good news and some bad news here. The good news is - the event t-shirts are here and all packed up for the event!

You can see some great photos here that really capture the vibrancy of the ink and various details. These shirts were done with so much attention to detail that you can just make out the "alt mode" reflections in the windshields of the cars - just like on the poster! I expect these shirts will be high in demand and I cannot stress enough the limited nature of them.

Unfortunately my purple-blue on original KITT was lost in translation somewhere so all the cars are the same blue - but I still think KITT stands out on account of being the darker of the bunch so no harm, no foul.

Here's a close up shot of the detail on the smaller event logo on the front of the shirt.

Here's a shot of a bunch of the shirts together being packed up. You can really get a nice idea of what the front and back of these shirts look like and I did very little color correction to this photo - the shirts really are that bright.

Here's another dynamic shot of the shirts being folded and sorted for packing. I really like this angle and it has an excellent close up of the backside artwork.

Now those are the t-shirts...

The bad news is...

The glow in the dark varnish on the KRF III event poster is far too weak for my approval. So with that in mind the the design is still an excellent print of this year's event poster and I will market it as simply a print with a glow in the dark bonus feature thrown in but not overly emphasized. I wish it could have turned out better but it's either move forward and offer a print or pull it entirely and I think the poster is still good enough to stand on its own merit. Do not buy this expecting it to be amazing in the dark. It does glow but very weakly - the extent I can't even show you a photo of it because the camera can barely pick up the light from the glow.

Please understand this mistake is something that is beyond my control and I will not advertise something I do not feel is either accurate or disappointing. What limited glow it has - consider it a bonus.

Here's a photo I took of the new poster

You can see where the light catches the "glow in the dark" varnish but sadly it doesn't show up much otherwise. Still, this poster is so vibrant and shiny, it's hard to capture a decent photo of it and when the light hits the details of the varnish you can still make out hidden bevel detailing on the cars. - keep in mind this is a sample print for photographs - ignore the fingerprints or creases.

I recommend buying this poster if you'll love the design in the daytime as much as at night. I am still selling both the KRF III event poster and the KRF II "gold ink" poster together as a set for a two-for one deal of $15.00.

So you win some and you lose some - but all in all, every piece of merchandise I set out to produce for this year's event has been made and is ready to be sold to eager fans. Know that I have offered you merchandise produced to the best of my ability. I will always give you my best.

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be officially opening the KRF store to accept orders at 12:00pm PST.

I have VERY limited supply to go around and when I mean limited - I mean less than 10 items or less. If items sell out fast enough and there's time - I will add another wave of inventory before I leave for Vegas. Whatever I come back with after KRF III will be added back into the store stock but be advised with so little merchandise to go around - I have no idea what will be left when I get back.

Those who place an order with the store will be guaranteed to get their merchandise as I have purposely set aside items to fulfill those orders.

Well, that's all I have to say right now and I really need to get some much deserved rest. Thanks again for all your support and your understanding, it continues to make all the difference.

Tomorrow I will make another post announcing the opening of the store and we'll see where it goes from there.

=VK=
:dash:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE - KRF III Merchandise

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 pm

http://knightriderfestivalstore.bigcartel.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRF STORE IS NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS! - GOOD LUCK!

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey Nick remember you said you could save an XL shirt for me since I dont do the online thing.Is that still cool or what? :?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Slade wrote:Hey Nick remember you said you could save an XL shirt for me since I dont do the online thing.Is that still cool or what? :?
- I have you covered Slade, I also have Skav covered. The store is for MAIL ORDERS only - people who can't make the show to buy merchandise there themselves or think they can't get to it in time. Originally I was making everything exclusive to the show but I'm trying to meet demand halfway. Given the results of last year, I really don't know if I'm going to have anything left when I get back. We'll see.

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Thank you so much Nick :D ,you need my help with Merch just say the word,you know I got your back :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

The CHASE is on!

The printer seriously botched the majority of my order for the KRF III Event Poster trading card "chase set" - but I was able to salvage enough cards to randomly insert 50 of each card somehere in these 250 card sets shown here. As you can see they're inserted completely at random - even I don't know which envelopes have what!

Here's what the final cards look like and I am quite pleased with how they turned out - however the printers screwed up my cutting on the Mustang cards (Card 1) and the bottom and sides of the KITT/KARR cards - the cards however in the card sets are perfectly fine. The botched cards were removed from my inventory.

That means you have roughly a 1:5 chance of pulling either Card #1 (KI3T/Attack Mode) or Card #2 (KITT/KARR).

Each chase card features detailed car art in side profile and has a raised emboss. The back side also features the same raised emboss technology on the LE logo and KRF III logo as well as on the subtext and event date info. The cards are vibrant and meet my standards of quality - the lineart has the Tron like feel I intended which combined with the dimensional gloss makes the car art literally jump off the surface.

I wanted to do my double or nothing deal as well on merchandise and I have (50) KITT/KARR cards to go around and I will give one card for every (2) print items purchased at the event. That means (2) Event Poster Sets, (2) KI "KIT" sets or (1) KRC book. Get it? Double or nothing! - While supplies last of course.

Unfortunately I cannot offer the KI3T/Attack KITT card option in this deal because I don't have any to give out! They're exclusively found only in the trading card sets making them a true limited edition.

Well that's it, enjoy the pics and see you in Vegas!

=VK=