RARE "Behind the scenes" KITT pics !!!!!!!

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

OKC KNIGHT
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

RARE "Behind the scenes" KITT pics !!!!!!!

Post by OKC KNIGHT » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 am

WOW these are some cool "Behind the scene" pics I have NEVER seen !!!!!

I'm more biased to the "Prototype" pilot version of KITT that still has the stock interior !!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-Fabulo ... 3cb573d515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-Fabulo ... 3cb573d55f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-Fabulo ... 3cb573d56c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Specializing in 1982-1992 Firebird/Trans Am Parts since 2002 and the ONLY seller of High Quality KITT Taillight blackouts

My contact Dmcman108@yahoo.com

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Re: RARE "Behind the scenes" KITT pics !!!!!!!

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 am

Wooow baby, I love the last 2 ones... :good: :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 am

Awesome find! I love the last two photos too. I like that there's traffic in the background in those photos, I wonder what the people thought if they saw that Trans-Am on NBC parkinglot "Wow, it looks just like a car of the future" :D

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 am

I hosted the images so when the ebay listing is gone the images will still be viewable. :D
I never noticed how the font end of the hood was added onto for the pilot car.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 am

John Ward (before Scheffe) designed the original "pre-pilot" nose on another car where the scanner was basically a red painted line on the pre-pilot KITT featured in those photos. Scheffe was asked to come in and improve upon it by Glen so the scanner could function more properly in line with Glen's vision for a "cyclon eye" which was more eye level from the front and to design a sleeker nose that better suited the contours of the car. In essence there were two different versions of a "pre-pilot" car, one worked on by Scheffe and the other by John Ward with some of Scheffe's interior dash designs in place.

=VK=
:dash:

knightygal
Volunteer

Post by knightygal » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Awesome pictures man!! These are great, especially the last two! You have to love any pictures of KITT! Man, there aren't any great shows like this on anymore!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I found both in my collection...just wonder how they get on ebay :roll: Nevermin, the version I had was a 2 pics double version, not a 1 and 2 split to 2. My pics where in HQ and I have a 3rd pic what I can post if you guys want it :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 am

Fantastic pictures, thanks!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Normally I wouldn't do this but here's just a few shots from what I'm gonna call VK's Vault...

I post exclusive images from my collection on my Knight Rider Companion Facebook Page from time to time. These are just a handful of the exclusive content I post up there. I purposely reduce the quality to a web standard so images cannot be stolen and sold on ebay.

I have probably gathered another 400+ HQ photos since publishing The Knight Rider Companion. I take no ownership over these photos, all rights belong the original photographers who took them. I post them up for entertainment purposes only. The rarer shots are watermarked and cropped so if someone decides to steal them and post them up on other websites, I'll know where they got it.

You can find the KRC fan page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Knigh ... 5837097497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Dude those pics are sweet!, never saw them before and I have seen most, always love to see new treasures. Thanks for posting them for us to see. Awsome!.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Cool @ss pics there now.....Any from the first Scheffe build?. The desert shot there is KILLER! Nice fresh shot of Scheffe's (probably original glass nose) ! Awesome.... just awesome

Marc
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 am

Awesome photos Victor Kros, I love especially the one from Pilot, KITT & Michael in the laboratory :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:09 am

These are just some of the pics I've uploaded in the past 12 years I've collected behind the scenes,promo shots,,portfolio shots.

http://s728.photobucket.com/home/Knight-Racer/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 am

Those are also KICKIN!..... Awesome.... I love these kind of shots. I bet Joe Huth and VK have tons more photos. Probably too many to show, but any that they can show, I always grab up. Awesome guys! Keep the pics coming!!!

Marc

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 am

Nice shots Racer, I have most of them. Marc, you're probably right. I estimate I have enough unseen or rarely seen material (not all of it as impressive) that I could release 1 new shot a day for a year and still have things left over, none of which are in The Knight Rider Companion.

Problem is, some material is heavily protected and can't be released without licensing fees which I don't have any desire to pay.

So I share what I can but as a precaution I knock down the res or selectively crop images and put watermarks on certain images I feel might be prone to being stolen and sold on ebay.

:good:

=VK=

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 pm

The Pictures are Great. I Love the Shots of the 'Hoff in the SPM KITT, Catherine Hickland in the Bridal Gown, and the Jumping Scenes of KITT. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 pm

I too, have some rare KR pics that I have found over the last three years, if anyone needs em, I can email em to you...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Normally I wouldn't do this but here's just a few shots from what I'm gonna call VK's Vault...

You can find the KRC fan page here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Knigh ... 5837097497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=

This is one pic I'd love in hi res and not cropped, it screams KR to me the most of all. Iconic theme tune and Kitt in the desert with a purple filter. KNIGHT RIDER. :kittside: I'm gonna watch every episode all over again starting from KOTP tonight! :good:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm having a kr marathon myself weeezl .Want to use the chat room and we can watch them all together?What episode are you up to in case its an older post.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 am

Victor Kros wrote:John Ward (before Scheffe) designed the original "pre-pilot" nose on another car where the scanner was basically a red painted line on the pre-pilot KITT featured in those photos. Scheffe was asked to come in and improve upon it by Glen so the scanner could function more properly in line with Glen's vision for a "cyclon eye" which was more eye level from the front and to design a sleeker nose that better suited the contours of the car. In essence there were two different versions of a "pre-pilot" car, one worked on by Scheffe and the other by John Ward with some of Scheffe's interior dash designs in place.

=VK=
In the very first scene with K.I.T.T., Michael is in the pitch black warehouse and K.I.T.T.'s scanner slowly comes to life. Looking closely, we can see that this scanner is different than the typical "bulb" scanner we all know and love. This one looks more like solidly lit rectangles. I assume this is the modified version that Michael Scheffe worked on of the first nose built by John Ward?

As for the pictures, I...am...speechless :P

Cool to see that the SPM car had the same stickered dashboard as the stationary trailer version of the Convertible Mode car. (Obviously because there was no reason to install electronics into either one.) And it's also interesting to know that the car used in the desert for the opening credit sequence had a stock steering wheel (and probably dashboard as well) after all these years. That purple tint really does a good job of camouflaging it in the series.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Preparing to film the most recognized opening sequence for a televised technically advanced automobile series in history - the iconic opening credits of Knight Rider in El Mirage, CA.

You will have to "like" and visit the KRC fan page on Facebook if you want to see more of the goodies in my vault ;)

Enjoy.

=VK=

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Cool pics, Nick. I see you found the hidden stash of rare KR pics as well :D

I don't know this for 100% fact, but I believe that the B&W El Mirage pic you posted above is not from the opening credits filming, but for the "Competition is No Competition" commercial shoot. The car used in the opening credits had an overhead console and not the stock steering wheel...I am not at home so I don't have the rest of the pics from that photo shoot handy at the moment, but if I recall correctly, the car from the "Competition" shoot had a round steering wheel and no overhead console. Plus, the other pics in that series show the "00" General Lee.

The guy in the photo is race car legend Johnny Rutherford for those who care.

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Cool pics, Nick. I see you found the hidden stash of rare KR pics as well :D

I don't know this for 100% fact, but I believe that the B&W El Mirage pic you posted above is not from the opening credits filming, but for the "Competition is No Competition" commercial shoot. The car used in the opening credits had an overhead console and not the stock steering wheel...I am not at home so I don't have the rest of the pics from that photo shoot handy at the moment, but if I recall correctly, the car from the "Competition" shoot had a round steering wheel and no overhead console. Plus, the other pics in that series show the "00" General Lee.

The guy in the photo is race car legend Johnny Rutherford for those who care.

Joe
- Could be, it was labeled "pre-pilot" so you might be right and I'll make the adjustments accordingly - however it's still a fantastic shot at El Mirage that not a lot of people have seen. As for the hidden stash of pics, I have many outlets at my disposal - watermark free.

=VK=

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Awesome :) I visited your facebook site and clicked the "like" button but unfortunately I don't have facebook profile myself so I guess it didn't go through :/ Anyway, I definetely like these photos a lot ;)

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:46 pm

I personally like taking some of these old shots and put contrast on them and brightness....etc, etc....When sculpting noses, you have to do this in order to see lines that shadows throw you off on. Then you sometimes can combine shots with Photoshop to have nice results. Here is same shot with contrast added and brightness only. The lines of the nose come out more. Anyway. I'm still waiting on some early dash shots guys! Like, some old Scheffe stuff!!!

Marc