An interesting news article

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

crashb648
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

An interesting news article

Post by crashb648 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 am

Appartenly, Tim Kring wrote the (orginial?) knight rider script in a weekend.

here's the link: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/851853-tim-kr ... -a-weekend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's part of the article that is of interest:
Tim Kring: I wrote the script for Knight Rider in a weekend

What were the highs and lows of working on Knight Rider?
It was my very first job in TV. I went in on Thursday and they needed the script on Tuesday and I wrote it over the weekend. I couldn’t believe the amount of money I earned from that weekend’s work. I was hooked on it from there. I couldn’t make that kind of money legally doing anything else. I’m sure the script wasn’t very good
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Re: An interesting news article

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 am

He wrote the series worst episode, "Voo Doo Knight".

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Joe Huth wrote:He wrote the series worst episode, "Voo Doo Knight".
An episode so bad, the word "Voodoo" isn't even spelt correctly in the title :wink:
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm supprised it took him a weekend to write" Voo Doo Knight"
Mind you I don't think it was as bad as "Knight song"
I hate that episode with a passion, how did that make it to air?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

whet wrote:I'm supprised it took him a weekend to write" Voo Doo Knight"
Mind you I don't think it was as bad as "Knight song"
I hate that episode with a passion, how did that make it to air?
- I agree with whet 100%. I can actually watch "Voo Doo Knight" more than Knight Song.

=VK=
:dash:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:21 pm

hey, i liked knight song. voodoo knight is way worse then knight song. the worst episode(s) the series had was mouth of the snake. i can't even stand to watch that episode anymore.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 pm

I didn't like knight song, but I liked Mouth of the Snake, specially for the soundtrack. I didn't like how action shifted towards the acrobat though, but I know it was meant to be the pilot for a spinoff series. About Voodoo Knight, it was a bad episode, I agree, but I'm not sure it was the worst of all. What I'm almost sure is that season 4 is the worst of all. Too many bad episodes (the last four were HORRID, I mean: 'Knight Flight to Freedom', 'Fright Knight', 'Knight of the Rising Sun' and 'Voodoo Knight', also some in the middle like 'Redemtion of a champion', 'Burial ground', among others). The SPM didn't improve much the show, neither did RC3. Perhaps if the series had continued on its previous path, it would have been much more successful.
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Knight Song to me was very much the heart of knight rider.One man who made a difference in the community he grew up in.RC3 wanted to give something back to the community to help it in its time of need.Sure it wasn't all about the flashy talking car or the lead actor.To me that episode was exactly what Michael Knight wanted at the end of the pilot,the chance to prove to the world that one man truely can make a difference.

VooDoo Knight was a bad episode to go finish the series on.I think they should have done some research by asking Glen how would he have liked to end the series,maybe get some feedback from other people too.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:08 pm

KITT wrote:hey, i liked knight song. voodoo knight is way worse then knight song. the worst episode(s) the series had was mouth of the snake. i can't even stand to watch that episode anymore.
Well personaly II hate "Knight song"
"Voo Doo Knight" was ok.. not fantastic I admit but not the worst..

I think if "Mouth of The Snake" had been a regular length episode it would have been ok, just to long for the story line..

They should have had a double Karr Episode I think..

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

roDa wrote:also some in the middle like 'Redemtion of a champion'
I'd have "Redemption of a Champion" down as the last really good, well-written episode of the series; it was a lot better than much of the rest of that season (in my opinion). It was also the last episode of Knight Rider screened in its prime time slot on NBC.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:07 pm

i really only hate mouth of the snake because it's just boring with random characters you don't know that are in 90% of the episode. (both parts.) you hardly ever saw michael or KITT, and when you did, they were only there for a few mins.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:15 am

I agree KITT - and Mouth of the Snake suffers the same problem as Knight Song, for me - Michael and K.I.T.T. aren't needed to solve the problem. In Mouth of the Snake, it's Dalton that takes down the bad guy; in Knight Song, it's RC3 - and worse still Michael decides to just sit back in the car and let the neighbourhood take care of itself!!! If I'm watching Knight Rider, I want to see Michael Knight stopping the bad guys, and solving the problems.
- Paul

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

see, i didn't mind knight song because michael and KITT were involved in a large part of the story. even bonnie was there.. and KITT did funny things, like trying to sing.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Knight Song was the worst.

Absolute tosh!

It just had KITT teaching some youths how to sing properly and the bad guys get hit with pineapples....what the heck?

Voodoo Knight is better. Not much better, but better.

Sure, Knight Song may have "heart" but people don't watch KR for the heart. They watch it for the action.

If we want to talk about "heart, then Redemption of a Champion gets my vote. But looking at my signature, you would know why.

You would have to be a fan of the sport to understand. The episode had some great character development!

And, yes, the last four episodes were quite bad but I disagree that season 4 is the worst.

I don't have a worst season. I think they are all watchable.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Of course they're all watchable, and season 4 has true jewels, such as The Scent of Roses. I loved each episode with Catherine Hickland, even if they were sad. Those episodes had heart! Killer KITT is another example of good episode with heart (and good comedy!). I remember clearly "That's for making me say 'ain't'!". But despite those examples, I find seasons 1-3 waaay better...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 am

In terms of episodes with "heart", I find Season Two's Race for Life and A Knight in Shining Armor the most touching. Knight Song for me was just too loud - too much shouting, too much singing, too many characters, just too much of everything that I didn't feel made a Knight Rider episode watchable or rewatchable. Season Four was hit and miss. I enjoy The Scent of Roses, Knight Flight to Freedom, Killer KITT, The Wrong Crowd, Fright Knight, and Many Happy Returns most. All in no particular order.

=VK=
:dash:

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 pm

I totally agree with you in that season 4 was hit and miss. That's why I say it was the worst. Seasons 1-3 had hardly any bad episode... I also agree with Race for Life and A Knight in Shining Armor as being some of the most touching... And yes, Knight Song was too loud.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Talking about interesting news articles and the episode "A Knight in Shining Armor", the treasure was the crystal cave and look at this article I found, it's about crystal cave just like the one in the episode, big enough to drive a car through ;)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... exico.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;