03:02:01...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

stevefawcett
Operative

Re: 03:02:01...

Post by stevefawcett » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 pm

I am an easy guy, thaught i treated everyone in a great way, last night i was insulted and dragged into an argument on my own forum where the person that created it actully left because of it
Are we all not here for the same reason? i know there are a lot of opinions in any hobby and its not always easy to judge a person how they are typing it

I amm sure 99% of the forum are sick of reading bad feeling, focus on Vegas, surly thats a great thing to aim for and go be part of somthing that makes money for a fantastic cause
Last edited by stevefawcett on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Ah but you see theres the thing, we are all expected to know because we are all supposed to care so much we spend every waking moment thinking about it ...
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Matthew wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:I won't apologize for my feelings because I have always been honest and true in everything I have tried to do. Skav is correct and I stated several times in my post that I was "disappointed", not angry.
I’m sorry Nick, but that’s a cop-out. The way that you dealt with your feelings of disappointment led to you insulting almost all of the Knight Rider community, and as result, the very least that you owe us is an apology.

Matt
- No Matt, I won't apologize for nor will I take back what I originally said. I will however apologize if some people's feelings were upset or insulted by it and I will leave it there.

=VK=
:dash:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Victor Kros wrote:I won't apologize for my feelings because I have always been honest and true in everything I have tried to do. Skav is correct and I stated several times in my post that I was "disappointed", not angry.
I’m sorry Nick, but that’s a cop-out. The way that you dealt with your feelings of disappointment led to you insulting almost all of the Knight Rider community, and as result, the very least that you owe us is an apology.

Matt
- No Matt, I won't apologize for nor will I take back what I originally said. I will however apologize if some people's feelings were upset or insulted by it and I will leave it there.

=VK=
Why be like that!? Takes nothing just to say 'sorry'

Ok I'll go first to show you how it works.

To anyone that was offended by anything I said whilst directing my rather pent up anger towards Nick I apologize. I understand how some people not privi to the 'full story' may have felt that some of my comments were rather out of the blue, again I apologize if you were offended in anyway.

See thats how it works, doesn't take much if you have the balls to accept when your wrong.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Matt

- I apologized for insulting or otherwise hurting the feelings of the Knight Rider Community. That's what I was told was "owed" for my actions and that's what I gave back. I fulfilled my obligation as requested and that's where I'm leaving it.

I'm done.

=VK=

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 pm

As someone else on this board who creates projects for the KR fans all I can say is sometimes the reception is lukewarm at best in the KR community as a whole. I can see Nicks point on that for sure.

(But most of the fan-base is gone so that's to be expected...)

I know Nick is being asked to apologize for that statement, I understand the way he said it even though it might have been in anger. I also understand why some of the members here where taken aback by his choice of words.

But guess what people, most of us are grown men. It happens. (Hell I act an ass sometimes if someone offends my work, but I bitch about it for a while, suck it up and apologize later.)

I feel as a fellow member of KRO that we need to realize that we may all not get along but we are all a lot more alike than we are not alike.
Every
single
one of us.

The proofs in the pudding.
We come by here regularly.
When most of the new comers left after the show was canceled we were still here.

The fanbase is shot to hell after being toyed with so much. If it wasn't for Neil, Nick, Paul, Matt, Tobi1, ect ect on this board there would be no new KR thing except some plastic Japanese toy car every 3 years.

Creative types can be temperamental and sometimes can be viewed strangely.
It's called seeing the world in a different way.
Lets not have any kind of weird drama if we can help it.
I don't think anyone has acted like a child in this thread,
quite the opposite,
I feel a lot of us would be getting along BETTER if we were all 7 again. :lol:
Lets look forward folks, please.

Remember were all here because we thought KITT was awesome when we were kids.
Lets all of us keep things in that perspective if we can help it :kitt:

(This is just my 2 cents as a member here, take it for what it's worth. :lol:)
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:26 pm

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" :-D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Playing Devil's Advocate here (since NIck is being viewed as the bad guy by most in this thread) but I'm going to pull up the quote by Chris in his last post and say that the only words that I would have found insulting are "sheer lazy thinking".

I'm going to be blunt in saying that surely nobody on this forum is that thick enough to not look through all that and not see the bottom line?

Seriously?

If he has to apologise for typing "sheer lazy thinking" then fair enough, but you would all just be as sensitive as he is!

lack of communication, enthusiasm, and or response

The above is a fact!
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Code: Select all

But guess what people, most of us are grown men. It happens. (Hell I act an ass sometimes if someone offends my work, but I bitch about it for a while, suck it up and apologize later.)
:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

One man can make a difference. But no one man's ego can. We are all family in this forum. We may disagree on several things, but one thing remains clear: We all are fans of this knight rider site. Whether we are little fans who just saw the new series, or have the whole collection of movies, books, and things signed by Mr. Larson himself (and even know him personally) , lets not bicker and offend each other here -- Simply because we are the ones who keep the Knight Rider spirit strong!!! :D

And Vic, awesome job with all you have done so far!!!! Even though sometimes you may not think you received enough credit for your accomplishments, people still appreciate what you do, man. :good:
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

KiTT316
Rookie

Post by KiTT316 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:30 pm

LOL
Attachments
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif (3.14 KiB) Viewed 12389 times

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 pm

I feel like everyone is in agreement with my original post in this thread. They all say the same thing, which is TRUE. We, as fans of the KR world, enjoy and are grateful for the creativity and passion shown by Nick and all the others that continue to give to the fanbase. That alone, combined with our love for this thing called Knight Rider is what keeps that dream alive. Thank you to Matt for being fair about it and letting everyone have their own "say" in the matter... And I THINK I speak for most everyone here when I say, let it be, let bygones be bygones, it's time to move on to something more positive! Afterall, as stated before, the fanbase has dwindled and we are some of the few left that still support the show... Are we not all in this together? :-)

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 am

I made a post earlier asking if Victor was a big enough man to apologize for his scathing remarks about the fans at this site. However what we got was...
Victor Kros wrote:If you were upset by what I had to say, well I don't know what to tell you. You feel what you feel and I feel what I feel. Choices were made.
Which really says it all about the man doesn't it.

I understand that things are said in anger, disappointment, dismay, etc.. but most people go back once they have calmed down and apologize for any upset they have caused, and I would think even more so required when it has sparked yet another argument on this forum.

I only visit this forum every few months now because of topics like this, and every time I come back there is a new argument going on about the same old person doing the same old stuff.

There's a basic rule of thumb for both forums and fandom communities which can be found on any number of administration sites around the net, and that is "No one person is bigger than the community"

Clearly there is someone here who is considered bigger than the community, someone who is allowed to say what he wants, regardless of who it upsets or what kinds of arguments it causes. He is more important than any of us and his feelings are the only ones that the moderators care about.

There was something said earlier about a lot of the 08 fans left this forum once the show ended? gee.. I wonder why they wouldn't want to stick around to be insulted by the Ego?

Something for the owners and moderators to take a long hard think about.

And on that note I'll be leaving for my 6 monthly sabbatical and I'll see what people are arguing about next time I decide to pay another visit here.

:kittspin:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 am

Rockatteer wrote:I only visit this forum every few months now because of topics like this, and every time I come back there is a new argument going on about the same old person doing the same old stuff.
Rockatteer,

You might not realise it, but it’s been well over a year and a half since something like this last happened. Yes, it’s unpleasant, tiresome, and frankly annoying, but to portray it as something that happens every other month isn’t fair to the people who’ve worked so hard to create the family atmosphere that so many people are able to enjoy today.
There's a basic rule of thumb for both forums and fandom communities which can be found on any number of administration sites around the net, and that is "No one person is bigger than the community"

Clearly there is someone here who is considered bigger than the community, someone who is allowed to say what he wants, regardless of who it upsets or what kinds of arguments it causes. He is more important than any of us and his feelings are the only ones that the moderators care about.
I think you’re overestimating the regard with which Nick Nugent is held by the hierarchy of this community.

Yes, he’s made mistakes in the past, and yes, he’s been heavily punished on a number of occasions. However, when you consider that this has been Nick’s first major faux pas in over a year, and that the usual suspects immediately began to appear from the woodwork to get their pennies worth in, it’s remarkable to think that whilst the rules were bent in every which way imaginable, the number of breakages were minor enough to allow them to be dealt with without the spectacle of banishment.

Now, do I find his apology to be sincere? No, I honestly believe that the Lib Dems were more sincere when they pledged to oppose raised tuition fees in this country during last year’s General Election. Given the contempt that was shown to me after I noted that the community was owed an apology, a stern reminder of Nick’s obligation to the rules will be issued so as to ensure that he is in no doubt as to the latitude (or lack thereof) that will be given should an incident of this nature occur again in the near future.

On that note, I think it’s time to lock this down, and get back to everyday business. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?