03:02:01...

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: 03:02:01...

Post by neps » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:30 pm

While much has been said here, I felt it would be important for me to say this...

Say what you want about Nick, but you can't ever question his talent or passion. He's given more to the fan base in the last year than many of us have done in far longer than that. As any artist can attest, (and even as some would deny it) they do it for the work to be respected and appreciated. If his work was in a Gallery and people trashed it or didn't even show up, that would make someone feel pretty *?$#. It would make the person feel hurt, and that in turn could make the person lash out. It's valid emotional response.

The truth being though, Nick chose to make his art. No one asked him to put it in the Gallery. So while many people were unable or uninterested in playing, that's not their fault. It's unfair to verbally abuse people for being passive, just as it is wrong for those being aggressive towards Nick. It's also naive to think that posting that message would do anything other than bait someone into either sympathy or flame, and I think he knew that. I'd like to think that it was posted in an understandable moment of anger (stages of grief being what they are) and a cooler head might have had a second thought at lashing out at all members of this community.

But while Nick had a valid emotional reaction to not getting the respect he felt he deserved (although I disagree with his means), those attacking him are not in the right. You're the ones that believed in it being something more than it was. It was his art piece, his rules - he's free to decide what it was after all the countless hours he put into it. So you didn't like it - did it cost you anything? You didn't even play the game, but you still are throwing stones? Look at what you've done for others before you attack someone for trying.

Amazing visual work on the game/trailer Nick! Congrats on completing such an insane undertaking.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks Neil.

Let's work together on making Knight Rider Festival III (the next big "new" thing for Knight Rider) the best it can be and we'll look go forward from there.

=VK=
:dash:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself, Neil.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Look at what you've done for others before you attack someone for trying.
Wonderful words...I love Nicks work and I am sure that I will meet all you guys soon as possible. I come to the states soon and stay here for the rest of my life to make the difference and yeah I am happy that other people are out there to make me see that they do the same. I belive in god since my mom passed away and there is one little thing that some people are forget:

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

So I think thats about it from my side, I am very happy to be a part of the family since...2002 oh my god the time runs and yes Nick is doing so much...wonderful :mrgreen: :good: :kitt:

Okay now back to topic, I be very happy to come to KR festival...I want to meet you guys all...my first year in USA is gonna be a KR Year :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:50 pm

A quick question to Neil and Nick... As it stands right now, who is scheduled to appear at the KRF III this year? I am excited to finally meet you guys! And to Nick, thanx for accepting the friend request on FB, I still got you on myspace, but who still uses it? lol...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

I'd say keep your eye out for the updated website that is being worked on for guest and event information as well as other announcements as we get closer. I don't use Myspace anymore simply because Facebook is so much easier to update - I actually update my Facebook more than I do my own website. Glad to have you aboard ;)

There's a lot of great things coming for KRF III including some special things I'm working on. Keep your scanners peeled for more info as it develops. Knight Rider Festival III is a can't miss event full of surprises that will once again make Knight Rider history - leaps and bounds above your expectations. Choose to be there if you can and if you can't make it, please pass on support to others who can. Together we can make this the best event yet and complete the trilogy.

=VK=

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 am

Someone just delete my account please, I'm through listening to this guys B.S
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 am

Sorry Chris, but you know that's not how it works. If you're certain that the two of you won't be able to work things out, the best thing to do is block the Victor Kros account. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am

Well given that I asked, clearly I didn't know....

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:23 am

Interesting that we have yet to see an apology from Victor Kros for his original scathing comments towards us.

Neps suggested in his post that he would like to think Victors comments were made in a moment of anger and/or disappointment. Yet Victor's response was to simply say thanks to Neps. No acknowledgment or apology for comments he made towards the rest of us.

Takes a big man to admit an error in judgment/mistake and apologize for it.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 am

Wont happen, period

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 am

I'm not going to go into thorough detail about the argument on KRUK as that is business that should remain there, but I saw it and Nick gets my support on that as it was out of order for some German fella to hijack that thread and start on him without, to be honest, any valid reason.

Regarding this thread, which is the main focus of my post, all parties make some good points here, but I've spoke to Nick on fb and, despite the fact that we have had our spats on KRO before when he basically were new to the forum I've found him to be a sensitive but generous and fun guy.

In my own perception, he does what he does for the fans because he genuinely cares for KR (like we all do) but takes many steps further than others to ensure that we keep that spirit alive.

Some may find that cheesy or corny, and perhaps to an extent, that is. However, that is HIS business, and if he wants to create things in the name of KR, so be it. People didn't find it corny or cheesy when people bought his created KR posters and t-shirts now, did they?

His original post was full of disappointment, not anger, at least that is the way I perceived it. Perhaps Nick should not have attempted to make people feel that they should have to go on a guilt trip, since it is up to everybody if they really want to play it. But I know that he has worked hours and hours using his creative side, even staying up to silly hours of the morning to get things done.

Of course, since half of his work is for the public, that is obviously up to us to decide if that's all been a waste of time.

There were people who were not interested in helping and working with him to develop the game, still, he battled on and did it himself, anyway and he gets my full respect for that!

The reward?

Not sure what people were expecting, really, it's the internet, and there is only so much you can "give" a person in this virtual world.

Maybe it is a kick in the teeth for those that have played the game and cannot attend KRFIII, but I don't know.

To have, what, four or five people play the game compared to hours that have been invested in creating it is a kick in the teeth for Nick, too, but like has been said, others shouldn't have to feel guilty for not playing it if they do not want to.

Nick has made it clear that he is moving on from KR quite soon to focus his creativity on other, and may I say it, more important things, and perhaps that is for the correct thing to do, if only to better his own life.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:23 am

Someones been rounding up the fanboys..

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 am

Chris,

I can't let you continue trying to bait people into furthering this conflict. If you have nothing else to say, then I’m going to have to ask you not to post again in this thread until you do.

Matt

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 am

So I can only post if I have something to say?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:02 am

Chris,

You've always been a good mate, so I don't want this thread to reach the point where I have to hand out warnings and/or bans like they're packets of Smarties.

My style of moderation hasn’t changed since the old days on KRUK, so you know that the last thing I want to be doing is censoring people, but if all you're going to do is bait people and make flippant remarks, then I'm going to have to.

If you've got something to say, then by all means say it. I just don’t want you (or anyone else) making a bad situation worse. :good:

Matt

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:38 am

Nothing against you Matt, I know we think alike in a number of ways.
What would help the situation is removing the root cause......

But I guess whilst they have 'worth' a rather blatant blind eye can be cast over their behaviour.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 am

Can somebody do something, this is awsome kindergarten stuff :roll: :roll:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Awesome work Nick,cant wait for this years KR Fest :D :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I won't apologize for expressing my feelings because I have always been honest and true in everything I have tried to do. Skav is correct and I stated several times in my post that I was "disappointed", not angry. It is what it is and the time invested was what it was. I can't turn back time and have things play out differently. It might take a big man to apologize and admit when he's wrong but it also takes a man to stand his ground and stay true to his beliefs rather than back peddle. I'm not a politician.

If you were upset by what I had to say, well I don't know what to tell you. You feel what you feel and I feel what I feel. Choices were made.

All I can do is go forward and that's exactly what I intend to do towards Knight Rider Festival III. If you don't agree with what I said, that's fine - it's your god given right to disagree with me - it is not however, your right to insult me or my work. From my standpoint, I did something that was a selfless and generous act of kindness that backfired on me. I took a risk and rolled the dice.

So I'll learn from that experience and build new ones until I feel there's no longer a need for it and I'll end it there knowing that what I did was worthwhile and take pride in being able to accomplish whatever I set out to do, to the very end.

To those people out there who understood where I was coming from with my disappointment, thank you for your understanding and support. You're the reason I keep choosing to make new things to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive and if you understand the gravity of what it takes to make these things possible - and more importantly, appreciate the efforts, costs, and time put into them - that makes a difference.

It's too easy to be angry, it's harder to be nice.

Let's make 03:02:01 be remembered for something positive rather than negative. The point of the game was to get people excited about the next big "thing" for Knight Rider. I'd say, drama aside - the video has done its job.

I'm moving forward.

=VK=
:dash:

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi, now I'm not an AMAZING contributer to this forum, I just joined as I like to discuss Knight Rider episodes/locations etc but having read this thread kind of got me on a downer.

I'm an 18 year old student living with the family in the UK, to be perfectly honest I wasn't fully aware a 'game' was taking place to begin with and now finding out there was infact a game and it's about the Knight Rider Festival 3 logo I lost interest yet again not because it doesn't interest me but because as stated above, I'm a student I don't have the money or the time to go out to Las Vegas, I've recently just managed to get by after purchasing and insuring my very first car, believe me though If I could I would, I've not seen a single Knight Rider replica in my life and would love to come and meet the guys behind Knight Rider. The 19th of March is also the date of my younger sisters birthday so this makes the trip almost and impracticality. It's been established then I don't have the money and responsibilities to join you all in Vegas I REFUSE however to have someone have a go at me for not taking an interest in what they decided to do with their time. As I said, I'm 18, I'm young I go out most nights with my friends and ahve a good time, I take Knight Rider as one of the most amazing TV shows I've ever seen and thank the people at Davilex and my Mum for first introducing me to Knight Rider. I do not take Knight Rider as a religion as this is the vibe I'm getting from reading this thread. I'm sorry for sounding off but I have to admit I feel pretty upset that someone has decided to make us all feel bad for not join in something that was going to come out in the open eventually. :cry:
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Victor Kros wrote:I won't apologize for my feelings because I have always been honest and true in everything I have tried to do. Skav is correct and I stated several times in my post that I was "disappointed", not angry.
I’m sorry Nick, but that’s a cop-out. The way that you dealt with your feelings of disappointment led to you insulting almost all of the Knight Rider community, and as result, the very least that you owe us is an apology.

Matt

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 pm

"You can blame it on the timing of the holidays, work schedules, puzzle difficulty, or whatever you like but the fact of the matter is - most of you just plain decided not to care."

"I am quite disappointed in the sheer lazy thinking, lack of communication, enthusiasm, and or response to my efforts."

I can't possibly see why people would be at all upset by any of that. How rude of us to concentrate on our families over the Holiday period.

Its funny how this whole 'I don't see why I should have to appologise' theme keeps returning again and again and again.... strange isn't it for a guy that clearly does no wrong. :good:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Samborghini wrote:Hi, now I'm not an AMAZING contributer to this forum, I just joined as I like to discuss Knight Rider episodes/locations etc but having read this thread kind of got me on a downer.

I'm an 18 year old student living with the family in the UK, to be perfectly honest I wasn't fully aware a 'game' was taking place to begin with and now finding out there was infact a game and it's about the Knight Rider Festival 3 logo I lost interest yet again not because it doesn't interest me but because as stated above, I'm a student I don't have the money or the time to go out to Las Vegas, I've recently just managed to get by after purchasing and insuring my very first car, believe me though If I could I would, I've not seen a single Knight Rider replica in my life and would love to come and meet the guys behind Knight Rider. The 19th of March is also the date of my younger sisters birthday so this makes the trip almost and impracticality. It's been established then I don't have the money and responsibilities to join you all in Vegas I REFUSE however to have someone have a go at me for not taking an interest in what they decided to do with their time. As I said, I'm 18, I'm young I go out most nights with my friends and ahve a good time, I take Knight Rider as one of the most amazing TV shows I've ever seen and thank the people at Davilex and my Mum for first introducing me to Knight Rider. I do not take Knight Rider as a religion as this is the vibe I'm getting from reading this thread. I'm sorry for sounding off but I have to admit I feel pretty upset that someone has decided to make us all feel bad for not join in something that was going to come out in the open eventually. :cry:
Hey don't worry mate, I've seen it all a hundred times with this guy. Trust me when I say this is just the tip of a VERY large iceberg. Time and time again he upsets people, refuses to appologise or even aknowlege what hes done, gets banned, kisses major ass, returns and claims to have 'seen the light' then simply returns to alienating 99% of the fanbase..... oh sorry HIS fanbase. Whatever.

Samborghini
Rookie

Post by Samborghini » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:01 pm

It can get frustrating hwo someone expects you to play along with something you knew nothing about :s
Protecting the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.