The Color of KI3T's stripes

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Atlantean2005
Recruit

The Color of KI3T's stripes

Post by Atlantean2005 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 pm

First off, like always, I want to apologize if there is a topic like this out on the forum already. I did a search but couldn't find anything. My question is for the people who are doing mustang conversions. What is the EXACT color of KITT's stripes? When I go back and watch the eps, sometimes they look White/Silver (Like during the "rescue" scene in "Knight to King's Pawn") other time's the stripes look Gray. I've also read around on a few threads where some of you are doing the conversions and have mentioned "flat black" as the color. I'm hoping to eventually get my own mustang (whether its bought or I get one from a junk yard to rebuild TOTALLY...ambitious much? haha :mrgreen: ) and do a conversion but I'm just having issues with the stripes.. that and the correct spoiler for KI3t. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much! :D

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The Color of KI3T's stripes

Post by tamatt27 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 pm

The stripes are flat black. The correct spoiler is the flat-style that's used on the V6 and Pony Package.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 am

actually its Vapor with Ebony stripes.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 pm

The correct term from Shelby American is "Flat Black"
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Wait what spoiler we talking about here,I thought KI3T had a Shelby Spoiler? :?
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks guys. Those stripes are kinda more trouble than they're worth! haha
Slade wrote:Wait what spoiler we talking about here,I thought KI3T had a Shelby Spoiler? :?
That's what I was trying to make sure of. I'm going to try to do a mustang conversion (maybe more than just the exterior/interior aspects as well... try to develop my own engine as well! :D) but just needed to get a reference for the right type of spoiler to track down.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm

If you want a good look at the screen used spoiler - there's some great shots in my photo album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0d3ad14360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy.

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Are we talking about the Attack mode spoiler from the Pilot?or when he turned into the Grey Mustang?So confused? :?

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Victor Kros wrote:If you want a good look at the screen used spoiler - there's some great shots in my photo album.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0d3ad14360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy.

=VK=

Thanks for that. Will have a look around! :D
Slade wrote:Are we talking about the Attack mode spoiler from the Pilot?or when he turned into the Grey Mustang?So confused? :?
The actual spoiler used on the mustang as if you were going to the dealership to buy an actual GT500KR. Which I COULD do if I had the money! haha.. One of the local Ford dealerships in my area has a red one. I've been wanting to go and see if I can get some pictures of it. All I would do is tell them it's for a report/project. Wouldn't be a lie but an... exaggeration LOL

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm

AH ok,just a little confusing back there.Good luck with your KI3T replica :wink: