the hoff on soccer am

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

adman500
Volunteer

the hoff on soccer am

Post by adman500 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:10 am

hey all, just The Hoff was on Soccrt AM on Sky Sports in the UK this morning, and has confirmed (sort of) that there is a new KR Movie coming, I think he said he's producing, fon't quote me on that bit though.

thanks
Adam :kitt:
'That other car is going to give Trans-Am a terrible reputation'

stevefawcett
Operative

Re: the hoff on soccer am

Post by stevefawcett » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:51 pm

KITT me out!
'The Hoff' reveals Knight Rider plans
Last updated: 11th December 2010

The Hoff: legend!

I met Kit at the Christmas party! We sat down and he said 'hello, I play Kit' I said 'well hi, I play Michael, and he said 'we have a hit'!
David Hasselhoff
Quotes of the week
David Hasselhoff says he hopes to bring Knight Rider to the big screen soon.

Hasselhoff played leading man Michael Knight in the hugely successful '80s sci-fi series and he revealed the wheels were in motion for a feature length version.

The 58-year-old who rose to fame in the series before moving on to produce and star in the even more successful Baywatch, says while he will continue on in the role of Michael Knight, the film would not centre on his character.

Various reincarnations of the show followed its 1986 conclusion, but with little success. The man simply known as 'The Hoff' puts that down to makers failing to understand what the original show was about, but says the film will not make the same mistake.

"The good news is there is always the movie and that's what I'm working on right now, Knight Rider the movie," he told Soccer AM.

"I'm just kind of working on getting the rights to it and producing it. It's not as though I want to play Michael Knight the lead. I want to be the father who turns it over to his kid.

"There are so many fans out there who grew up with it, that I want to get it back to what it was about, and it's about one man can make a difference in saving lives and be a hero."

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Are you serious dude?.

Please let that be the truth!.

If anyone who understands the material, the fans and the legacy of the show its him!.

Is he teaming up with Glen on this?.

KR fans prayers answered me thinks!.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:18 pm

i just googled socceram david hasselhoff and there was interview

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Will have to check that out. Thanks for the info!.

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

adman500
Volunteer

Post by adman500 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:34 am

I wasn't sure if someone else had already posted about this!
'That other car is going to give Trans-Am a terrible reputation'

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Just watched the entire clip. Very cool. I hope he does get to do it.

What a dream team that would be, David and Glen back together.

My Movie Review Blog:

flemmo
Rookie

Post by flemmo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 am

David is probably just trying to create some interest in the idea. I doubt there is any substance (script etc) behind it.

If he is trying to buy the rights, doesn't that mean buying them from Glen? I very much doubt they would work together on this, as Glen's movie has been his baby for many years (and dont we just know it!) and I doubt he would just scrap his rework of the original pilot and go with David's 'passing the torch' approach, and sharing production duties.

My guess is David is hoping to do his own thing. He is probably more interested in making the movie a big box office success than sticking to 1980s Knight Rider 'law'. I also bet he is more likely to allow the studios to push their ideas in order for the movie to be made, but hopefully not to the extreme of silencing KITT.

As I see it, nothing has changed in the last 10 years. David wants one approach, Glen wants another, the studios want neither.

Dont get me wrong, I want a KR movie as much as everyone else. I guess 10 years of disappointment has left me a little pessimistic.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

flemmo wrote:David is probably just trying to create some interest in the idea. I doubt there is any substance (script etc) behind it.

If he is trying to buy the rights, doesn't that mean buying them from Glen? I very much doubt they would work together on this, as Glen's movie has been his baby for many years (and dont we just know it!) and I doubt he would just scrap his rework of the original pilot and go with David's 'passing the torch' approach, and sharing production duties.

My guess is David is hoping to do his own thing. He is probably more interested in making the movie a big box office success than sticking to 1980s Knight Rider 'law'. I also bet he is more likely to allow the studios to push their ideas in order for the movie to be made, but hopefully not to the extreme of silencing KITT.

As I see it, nothing has changed in the last 10 years. David wants one approach, Glen wants another, the studios want neither.

Dont get me wrong, I want a KR movie as much as everyone else. I guess 10 years of disappointment has left me a little pessimistic.
Flemmo is for the most part correct. Here's a little trivia fact for you - David Hasselhoff once offered Glen 1 million dollars for the motion picture rights to Knight Rider. Glen turned him down because he believed David would just screw everything up (putting it mildly here). There's no chance Glen would work with David today as he tried to do back with the Revolution Studios ordeal. David not only burned his bridges back then, he incinerated them.

Take what David says with a grain of salt about attachments to Knight Rider until you hear about it as fact in a reputable source like the hollywood reporter or variety. Even imdb is not reliable.

=VK=
:dash:

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:55 am

with the 2 main guys both having interest in this surly that can only be a good thing right? i just hope their is a movie in our life time????????/

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:18 am

Victor Kros wrote:
flemmo wrote:David is probably just trying to create some interest in the idea. I doubt there is any substance (script etc) behind it.

Flemmo is for the most part correct. Here's a little trivia fact for you - David Hasselhoff once offered Glen 1 million dollars for the motion picture rights to Knight Rider. Glen turned him down because he believed David would just screw everything up (putting it mildly here). There's no chance Glen would work with David today as he tried to do back with the Revolution Studios ordeal. David not only burned his bridges back then, he incinerated them.

Take what David says with a grain of salt about attachments to Knight Rider until you hear about it as fact in a reputable source like the hollywood reporter or variety. Even imdb is not reliable.

=VK=
Wooah, are you sure its a good idea to be sharing what goes on between David and Glen on a public forum!? Not so sure they would be too keen on that??
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm

chrisjones wrote:Wooah, are you sure its a good idea to be sharing what goes on between David and Glen on a public forum!? Not so sure they would be too keen on that??
- If I didn't think it was ok, I wouldn't have mentioned it and there are things that are not ok that I have purposely not mentioned. You know I respect you Chris but maybe you should spend less time critiquing everything I seem to say these days and focus on something more positive.

=VK=

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 am

Seriously, don't look for the extremes in everything, I was simply checking it was ok...

stevefawcett
Operative

Post by stevefawcett » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:19 am

their relationship looked just fine when they were together at Davids star on Hollywood BLVD for the celebrations

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:29 am

Fair point KC, fair point, hadn't thought about that.

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 am

Be great to see them both working together on it, but they may each have a different vision of how they picture it, not uncommon in hollywood.

I think David has a very clear understanding of what Knight Rider stands for and what it means to the fans and what it needs to be to bring in the new audiances too. Glen will too as its his baby, no-one can blame him for taking his time and not rushing into it and just accepting a deal just to get it made, clearly he's holding out for the right deal that will honour the vision he has.

Rushed ones fail on a huge scale, Starsky & Hutch or Dukes. Hate to see KR fall into line with these two awful films.

I remember the Revolution Studios thing mentioned in the papers a few years back when it looked so promising that Knight Rider was going to happen, but the follow up in the papers didnt mention much other than it wasnt going to happen, so I dont know what the score was.

The big question is which one gets made if they arent teaming up?.

Be very cool to see them team up and make a kick-ass Knight Rider film together.

My Movie Review Blog:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:47 am

TBH regardless of which production would be better, I think the lure of David Hasselhoffs involvement would attract more investors and production companies to take interest.