whats your favrote music score on kr tos

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

whats your favrote music score on kr tos

Post by james olden » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:33 am

through the kr tos series the music changed alot (im not talkin about the music that was on the billboard charts) but the music that was made by don peake and stu phillips the music score.

what was your favrote music on the tos series.

mine was the music on the begining of scent of roses when michael was tryning to take down curt rollins and his goons. and also towards the end of the episode when michael and ki2t was driving to the wherehouse.

another one was on knight of the juggernaut. the introduction music, and the part when devon first walked in that building asking to see dr quinlan then it showed that security camera with phillip nordstrom sayin send him up b4 capturing devon. that same music was played again on knight sting.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Re: whats your favrote music score on kr tos

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:13 am

I like a lot of the music in Season 2:

- When Michael and Kitt accompany Kelly Travis up Widow's Mountain in 'Speed Demons'
- The music played over the whole climax to 'A Good Knight's Work'
- The music played over the scene where Michael and Kitt track the coolant spots in 'Goliath Returns'

That's just off the top of my head - there are many many more! And I'll always be grateful to Messrs Phillips and Peake for their massive contribution to Knight Rider!!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Iron KITT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:44 am

I have always liked Junk Yard Dog, Soul Survivor, Let It Be Me, Mouth Of The Snake, The Pilot, Goliath, Killer KITT and KITT vs KARR. Amongst many others. Listen to Junk Yard Dog regualry, love that score.

Keep meaning to get volume 2 and 3 of Don Peakes cds.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 am

Hands down, my favorite (and the best in my opinion) is the end score from The Scent of Roses. It sums up the entire series perfectly and would have served as a good closure had that been aired as the series finale. You get a full version of the FLAG-Theme and watch Michael and KITT ride off to more adventures as the Knight Rider theme closes us out.

New KITT
Volunteer

Post by New KITT » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:40 am

Well, it is pretty usual, but i think that new theme is great. (And from the others Soul Survivor)
-New KITT-

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 am

My favourite is the one from Mouth Of The Snake
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 pm

then when they started to add the rock n roll guitar music later on in season 3. they played alot of the rock n roll guitar music on season 4 the wrong crowed right when ki2t buttun up from convertable and went to spm.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

peterp&j
Operative

Post by peterp&j » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:00 pm

i agree with all above all the scores are brilliant on a side note the instramental section of madonna,s "isla bonita"has a couple of notes that always remind me of the opening score of JUGGERNAUT everytime i hear the song i thing of that episode see if anyone can see what im talking about :good:
michael;i've got a problem.
devon;my dear boy,dont be so modest,you have a wide range of problems.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm

yes that was a great score for the season 4 opening

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:23 pm

what about the music on SCENT OF ROSES right when rc3 just talked michael into showing up to the going away party ,that music stops when michael walks in the resturant when he see stevie.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 am

My favourite score is from Soul Survivor too, the "hypnotic" music. Also the score from Knightmares is my favourite and generally the 2nd season music style, very electronic & futuristic sounding tracks, I like that style very much :)
Especially the bass guitar & the electronic filter effect which makes the synth sound kind of "slide", you can hear it for example in "A Good Knight's Work" when Michael is snooping in the toy factory.
I also like the 1st season music by Stu Phillips very much, would be nice if he could release more KR music, for example from "Just My Bill" episode.
It sounds to me there was more variety in the musical scores in the first 2 seasons, afterwards it often used those famous notes from KR theme and rarely something else. Still sounded great of course and I do like the 3rd & 4th season music too, Junk Yard Dog, KITTvsKARR, Fright Knight, just to name a few :)

I have in my KR collection the music CD's from Stu Phillips and Don Peake Vol. 1 & 2 and "sort of" have the old HiTechRecords CD as well. Have recorded the music scenes from some episodes as well in mp3.

Iron KITT
Rookie

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah I have the Stu Phillips cd also and the Don Peake one, Volume 1. Havent got round to getting Volumes 2 and 3 but I plan to.

Knightmares what a great score and The Scent Of Roses, such an important score to the series. Knight Of The Drones, again what a cracking good score.

Love all Dons work. Have to treat myself to Volumes 2 and 3!.

Is there any plans for Soul Survivor to make it onto a future volume?.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:22 pm

i donno but what about the flag theme i wish i could find that for a windows start up theme or a ringtone for my cell