Dukes of Hazard movie, starsky and hutch, THE A-TEAM.

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

the original KITT
Operative

Dukes of Hazard movie, starsky and hutch, THE A-TEAM.

Post by the original KITT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 am

Why hasn't knight rider been made into a big movie blockbuster?

everyone says that knight rider has no place in the 21st century but then why not just make the film based in the 80's like the dukes of hazard?

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Dukes of Hazard movie, starsky and hutch, THE A-TEAM.

Post by whet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:59 am

Well your answer there is One man who made a diffrence..

Gary Scott Thompson, killing Knight Rider off for good with that sad attempt he made.
Nobody is ever going to touch Knight Rider after what he did..

He has a lot to answer for, not that he gives a dam, I suspect..

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 am

I agree whet, that sorry excuse of an producer knows as much about Knight Rider as a dog that goes back to, and eats its vomit....

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:I agree whet, that sorry excuse of an producer knows as much about Knight Rider as a dog that goes back to, and eats its vomit....
In all fairness, although GST did a lot to hurt the property in the beginning, his decision to try and save the series before its cancellation came too little too late - but it wasn't him who ended the possible future of a season two for Knight Rider: The Series, that fault lies with NBCU brass. After speaking to people involved, I know this for a solid fact.

I think GST misled a lot of people trying to do things his way in the beginning but after having seen the passion we fans have for a property we cherish, he tried to save a sinking ship - but he was no longer the captain of it.

As for Knight Rider not having a place in the 21st century - I strongly disagree. However I will have to agree that many of the original approaches in the 80s series won't work on the big screen today. If Knight Rider is to co-exist in our modern era of filmaking, compromises have to be made to get it there. Hopefully the fans will understand this and give Glen a chance to retell his new mythology of Knight Rider as it happens today and not nearly 30 years ago. This time around, it's going to be more sci-fi dependent.

Your support makes all the difference.

=VK=
:dash:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:01 am

i say keep the movie dark and serious not no spoof movie like how they did starsky and hutch and also how they did same parts of dukes of hazzard keep it serious like the origional knight of the pheonix pilot.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Iron KITT
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Iron KITT » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 am

Although I really enjoyed the new series I can however see your valid points on the show, I would have gone a slightly different direction with it.

The car was fantastic okay very transformers style in effects etc, but I liked the bold upgrade. Maybe if they spent abit longer in it's development maybe it would have worked.

In terms of what damage may have been done, maybe in tv sense you may not see another show for a very long time, but I dont think the movies chance has been hurt, just needs the right people involved and some luck.

In what direction to take this movie, do what Chris Nolan did when he approached Batman, go back to the source material, look at the origins, dive deeper and expand certin aspects etc and cover areas not fully explained.

A serious take is the way to go but with slight added humour that we fans know from the original.

Thats my idea.
Michael Knight: "KITT is the worlds greatest automobile"

My Movie Review Blog:
Sentient Saviour's Movie Wold!. http://sentientsaviourmovies.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 am

I hope the movie is gonna make it, if this fails again, our beloved show looses the face for a very long time... :?
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile