Ideal modern KITT

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittmicrojam
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Ideal modern KITT

Post by kittmicrojam » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Your correct. They need a low sleak front. Like it's ready to cut the wind.Not retro or boxy. I am a big Mustang fan, But I don't think it would make good futuristic looking car. Thats not the car of the future, K.I.T.T. Something dark & mysterious.

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

How true, lol
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 pm

The Vette does have a low, sleek front fascia, but also a higher price-tag, and lacks a back seat.
The use of the Camaro or Mustang is more practical in terms in price, and the back seat. They
might not be as sleek as the Vette, but oh well, they have to think of practicality.

Nicholas Knight
Operative

Post by Nicholas Knight » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

The '99 Pontiac GTO Concept.If this vehicle was shiny black with red scanners in the hood vents like KI3T, this would be the KITT 4 me!!!!!! I wonder if that is where the Cam got it's look from?Image
Knight Tech Inc. -- Where everyone makes a difference.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:45 am

a 4 seater is not a KITT rules it can be a 2 seater. remember Larson chose the car for its look no for its seat etc .
The Corvette is pretty cheap for a movie budget as is an AudiI R8 (150000$) or an Aston martin

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:09 am

I think they want a cheap car because it has to be accessible to be used as publicity. I mean, you won't boost Porsche 911 sales because it looks cool in a TV show, as it's a premium car and a show won't probably affect its sales too much. But a company which produces cars for Average Joe would find it very useful to increase sales, so I think it's much more probable that such a company provides cars rather than a premium motor company .

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm

knight rider 2000 was a custom made car so I don't think cars sales are a good argument to a movie . The car has to be futuristique premium brand or not it doesn't matter

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

But don't forget the huge boost Knight Rider was to Trans Am sales back in the day, despite being modified. Just my 2 cents.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes it increased the sale of the trans am but that was just the consequence of the show ,Larson choose the trans am because he liked it , not because he was thinking of how much money pontiac would made from it .If producer choose a car in order to make publicity for a brand it will ruin the true knight rider spirit . The car has to be cool that the point .Either if it is a expensive car or a cheap one . And there is no actual american car that look sleek except the corvette for a movie, but I doub it will affect sale on a vette cause it's expensive for most people .True corvette fan would'nt even care about knight rider .Most cars that could fit kitt today are expensive

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:58 pm

That's my point, expensive car sales wouldn't be very affected by the show. But the show needs a car whose sales can be affected so that the company which produces it is willing to provide cars.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:04 am

knight rider will be a movie not a show. The budget is not the same .Went they do dukes au hazzar or S&H they used old cars they didn't care about using a new one . For movie the budget is georgeous they could use a bugatti if they want it,it should'nt make any differences. In james bon they detroyed several Aston Martin even if some where just empty shell .This isn't a problem to use a expensive car in a movie . And I said Kitt must be cool no expensive but clearly there isn',t at last in america a cool cheap car that could fit kitt .The could use a cheap european like an audi TT or a nissan 370 Z .I remember before knight rider 2008 aired some mustang owner said said if the new knight rider car is a mustang I'll sell mine right away . A lot a people don't like that theres car are pointed out bye another saying look it's KITT ^^

Maybe you want a cheap car to be sure you can buy one? :wink:

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 am

No, I wouldn't be able to buy one, at least for a few years. Here in Uruguay new cars are expensive (here a Dodge Challenger 5.7 V8 costs 89.900 dollars, for example). I'm just 18 and it will be some time before I'm able to purchase a car, perhaps after college. So it isn't a problem if I can buy it or not, because it just won't happen. I think I'll buy a Renault Laguna or an E30 BMW when I'm able to. I love those cars, lol.
EDIT: BTW, I'd love to see a Corvette being KITT. And something that wouldn't bother me would be to see KITT as some fictional prototype, I mean, a made-for-movie car (of course, a well made one, not something bizzarre like KIFT). But I still think that a car that can be sold to the public is needed.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:07 pm

yeah I know what you mean same in france a camaro cost about 55000 euros .I agree with you kitt should be a true knight industries prototype not production line model based

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:06 pm

I'd say we demand GM bring back Pontiac or give back my tax money

the sting ray is a nice design
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Today I found a Renault concept car, the DeZir. It really rules! I'd love to see it as KITT, it's sleek, stylish, modern, and it's even environmentally-friendly. You gotta have a look at it! It really looks like the car of the future.
Look: http://www.rsportscars.com/renault/rena ... /pictures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:27 pm

The corvette would look great as kitt. It sleek like the trans am.

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm

THAT Corvette would be perfect :D
Merry Xmas!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Kitt_24 wrote:The corvette would look great as kitt. It sleek like the trans am.

The Corvette looks nice, but it's too small to be kitt, the camaro is still the right look for KITT, though boxy, it's better than the mustang (although I Like mustangs, but this one in KR Isn't it.)

this is it.

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Pierre wrote:a 4 seater is not a KITT rules it can be a 2 seater. remember Larson chose the car for its look no for its seat etc .
The Corvette is pretty cheap for a movie budget as is an AudiI R8 (150000$) or an Aston martin

but kitt was always an all american muscle car. i would say choose the corvette,or camaro b4 even thinkin about a foreign car.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:28 am

Oh come on, it's an American sports car, not a muscle car. In 1982 the Trans Am was very underpowered. And what characterizes muscle cars is raw power. And I am not sure if Glen Larson chose the Trans Am for being American or just because of its look... Think about it.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:24 pm

roDa wrote:Oh come on, it's an American sports car, not a muscle car. In 1982 the Trans Am was very underpowered. And what characterizes muscle cars is raw power. And I am not sure if Glen Larson chose the Trans Am for being American or just because of its look... Think about it.
how dare you mock the great and almighty Pontiac Trans Am :mrgreen: 8) :kitt: :kittside: :karr: :kittconv: :kitt2: :dash:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:15 am

Haha, I know it's sad, but it's true. I must say, however, that the Trans Am got better with the years :). But the original 1982 T/A was really in trouble. Anyway, who cares? It looked so beautiful and was the best american car of the moment in terms of aerodynamics :D

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:09 pm

kitt34 wrote:
Kitt_24 wrote:The corvette would look great as kitt. It sleek like the trans am.
kitt34 wrote:The Corvette looks nice, but it's too small to be kitt, the camaro is still the right look for KITT, though boxy, it's better than the mustang (although I Like mustangs, but this one in KR Isn't it.)

this is it.

I like the mustang look better then the camaro.

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:25 pm

I still believe the Corvette is better :D
Happy 2011 by the way ;)

knightfever
Operative

Post by knightfever » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I may have this wrong, so if there is someone with more knowledge of this situation feel free to correct me: I have read, even on this board in a few threads, that Glen Larson's original idea for the Knight 2000 was the Datsun 280ZX. However, a shipment of the new 1982 Trans-Am's were damaged in shipment(I've heard train wreck, but that could be wrong) but the cars were still usable and GM offered them for use in Knight Rider since they didn't want to put out the money to repair an entire shipment of cars.