Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Trans Am Erik
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Welcome! New to the Board: Please read

Post by Trans Am Erik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Erik and I'm from Michigan. I am a huge TV/movie car fan. My friends and I all have project cars that we enjoy. We have quite a few TV/movie cars in the bunch. I have two, one is the '77 Trans Am from Smokey and the Bandit, The other is KITT. The Bandit has been a work in progress for the last three years and it's almost ready for paint now. I just bought KITT a couple weeks ago, he's a long way off yet but it's a great car. I've got pics of both cars, let me know if you want to see them.

knightriderman
Stranger

Post by knightriderman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:26 am

hello

I am new here
And I love Knight Rider

I come from Germany.
I'm not very good in English.

I hope we get along well with each other.

SQ7
Stranger

Post by SQ7 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 am

Hey gang, SQ7 here! I'm generally known as 'Superquad7' on other boards, especially TFW2005.com where I am moderator. My original account wasn't able to ever be accessed by me for some reason, so I had to re-register with this account.

I won't be able to post too often, as I'm pretty busy on TFW2005, but I hope to be active when I can. I've already been warmly welcomed by a few in the chat, and I'm much appreciative for that! KR has always been one of my favorite shows, and I'm excited to [finally] be part of the online fandom :)

dollymixtures
Stranger

Post by dollymixtures » Fri May 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Hello everyone. Loved The Knight Rider :good: Only just found this but hey, some things are worth the wait.

spawn
Volunteer

Post by spawn » Fri May 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael I'm 24years old (or young). I live in the Netherlands. My parents named me after Michael Knight you can say they were fans when it started.. I grew into the reruns of the series here in holland and i loved it since i remember, I always said to myself "when i grow up i'll have a car like that" so... nope unfortunally not they are a little expensive back here in holland.. but who nows maybe some day..

greets Michael aka Spawn

Alteron_Sheng
Stranger

Post by Alteron_Sheng » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 am

*bows*
Greetings to all who visit here, my name is Jackie
I have been a fan of Knight Rider since I saw the pilot episode when it first aired, and am also a fan of Team Knight Rider. I am glad to see that I am in such good company!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Welcome Jackie,always nice to see new members around,hope you have fun here :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Rickyfresh
Stranger

Post by Rickyfresh » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Man i loved knight rider when i was a kid, i use to dream i had that car.

Which is why i made this, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqiXUsrArI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm Irony (or Darth Krande on some other forums) from Hungary.
Knight Rider was the first series I chose to watch on my own free will. (Dallas and stuff like that don't count, it was ny mother watching and I just sat there if I did.) Later, it somehow got out of my life. Sadly. But I still remember the talk show when our then-one-and-only showman invited Hasselhoff to Hungary and the Hungarian voice of KITT was guiding him during the show. ("Be careful Michael, this is a tricky question! You'd better not give a straight answer")
I became a Star Wars fan (and I still am!) and took a look at Transformers fandom. At this time I was already writing fanfics, most of them in Hungarian. Recently I finally registered at fanfiction.net and there I realised how good it is to be a Knight Rider fan again.
If you feel like reading any of my fanfics, http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2276285/Darth_Krande" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has all I have. Review and comment please! I'll try to return the favour whenever I can.
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

alcyon2sp
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by alcyon2sp » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:12 pm

i am Rama from malaysia, and i am a big fan. if you go on youtube you would find me with the same username and look for my heavily customized hitari Rc KITT. as well as my knight rider videos.
Kitt is the best

Bandit5232
Stranger

Post by Bandit5232 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 am

Thnks for the welcome!
p.s. I only recently got into KR, and frankly I love it! :-)

Knight519
Stranger

Post by Knight519 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been watching Knight Rider for a long time. I have over the past year or so thought of doing a Knight 3000 replica for myself. Does anyone know if there are any legal issues with creating such a replica? Does Universal care at all? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks ,

Knight519

Lunita
Stranger

Post by Lunita » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi, I'm Luna from Germany.

I love Knight Rider ever since I was very little. When the show wasn't on TV I used to watch the few episodes my parents had taped back then - until last year when I finally managed to acquire all four seasons on DVD!
Actually it was the new Series KR 3000 that made me realize: I want TOS. And I want it now!
It was also during the KR 3000 season when I realized: I'm online! :mrgreen: The sites I could go, the pictures I could see and the fanfiction I could read! And so I ended up here. Hi everyone!

Also I already have a question: as the Fanfiction section is locked, could someone point me to a place where I could ask people if they knew a certain fiction? Well, okay, this sounds a bit strange. The problem is: last year I read a Knight Rider fanfiction snippet. It was only the first scene and then I decided I didn't like it. But this scene was stuck on my mind forever and when I changed my mind and wanted to go back to this fic, I just couldn't find it anymore!

Thanks for the nice welcome and also *thank you* in advance for every help on my little problem.
Luna

dark lord
Stranger

Post by dark lord » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:44 pm

hi everybody i am steve 35 years old and i live in belguim bruges ,i own a pontiac firebird , i love the old knight riders series
i am gona try to put a pic from my car that i will convert to karr :karr:
sorry but my writing in english is not so best grt steve
Attachments
Herschaalde kopie van DSC_01503.jpg
Herschaalde kopie van DSC_01503.jpg (106.38 KiB) Viewed 52683 times
Herschaalde kopie van DSC_0005 (2).jpg
Herschaalde kopie van DSC_0005 (2).jpg (107.95 KiB) Viewed 52683 times

1983MSEnumber97
Stranger

Post by 1983MSEnumber97 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:24 pm

My name is Daniel and my first car was a Knight Rider pedal car. I was about 3 or 4 and I drove that thing all over the place. I have a few Trans Am's, to date my pride and joy is a 1983 MSE Mecham number 97. I hope to one day own a correct to period season 1 Knight Rider :kitt:

Knightmareracer
Stranger

Post by Knightmareracer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Hello everyone. I am Chris, and have joined this community because I love and enjoy Knight Rider, and Trans Ams. I have known about this site for years, however; for a recent frustration with the delays of a Knight Rider motion picture, I wish to do what ever in my power to help anyway I can. Anyone, please feel free to contact me if you have any new ideas to help our community!

GOLDENEYE
Volunteer

HI NEW HERE

Post by GOLDENEYE » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:30 am

Hi, new here from Ontario, Canada. I have loved Knight Rider since I was a kid. I loved Knight Rider 08, and have it on DVD (KR 1982 also). :kitt: :dash4:
Last edited by Matthew on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Turn off the caps lock please.

musicmaniac1965
Volunteer

Post by musicmaniac1965 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm musicmaniac1965, and i come from the netherlands/holland/dutch. and as my name suggests, my passion lies with music (eighter listening to it, or playing on my keyboards, electronic drums <to stay friends with the neighbours>, and even singing :-D), gaming, and watching movies, series, and whatever is humorous, has action, or is old school. Here a few favorite series/movies:

- Knight Rider, the TV series from 1982. (ofcourse, otherwise i would not be here)
- South Park. (some shows are a bit over the top, but often funny and on current things that happen)
- Everything from Pixar/Disney. (sometimes i feel like still being a big kid :P)
- Jeff Dunham. (His different characters are fun, and often feel beleavable. Just like almost everyone who likes him, i like Achmed the dead terrorist the most.)

My instruments:

- Generalmusic WS2 version 2: Old school keyboard workstation. This was my first workstation keyboard, and it still works, and had 5 sequencer tracks where i could program my songs in :-D
- Generalmusic WK4 Powerstation: Better sounds than the WS2, a 12 track sequencer, and a hard disk to save my songs to. Now it's 12 years old, but when it comes to programming and program functions, this keyboard still stand it's ground. Only the sound has been passed by other keyboard/workstation instruments like the Yamaha Tyros 4.
- Roland HD-1 V-drums lite: My starters electronic drumkit.

I also have a Youtube channel, with the same nickname, musicmaniac1965.

Thanks for your time to read my introduction, and have a nice day.

Kind regards,
musicmaniac1965.
Kind regards,

musicmaniac1965

:kitt: :karr:

roDa
Rookie

Post by roDa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm roDa, from Uruguay, and I'm 18. Excuse me for not introducing myself in this topic (I did in another one which I started, though).
I love playing and listening to music (I play bass guitar). I like watching movies and series too, and I prefer older ones (not too old, lol).
My favourite series are Knight Rider and Wonder Woman.
I have no cars as I'm only 18 so I don't have money for that yet. I'm already a driver, though.

Cheers to everyone :D
Those streets have more potholes than Devon has neckties. :lol:

TONY1977
Recruit

Post by TONY1977 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 am

Hello ev'rybody. I'm Tony from Italy. I'm 33 and I'm a huge KR fan since when It arrived to Italy in the mid 1980s.
I love cars, famous star cars, women, food, literature music and cinema.
I hope we'll have a good time.

Tony

Vincent
Recruit

Post by Vincent » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 am

Hi everybody. My name's Stephen, age 24, from the UK. Here I'm using the name Vincent - a homage to FF VII's Vincent Valentine - but elsewhere I go by the name Bahamut-255. I'm a major fan of Yu Gi Oh - Original Japanese language versions only - Babylon 5, and obviously Knight Rider. My first KR memory would be S3E22, Circus Knight, and I've been a fan since. Though it wasn't until a few years back that I really started to pay attention to it, and I've never regretted it.

The five versions in descending order of preference for me are:

Knight Rider TOS - The original and best.
Knight Rider 2008 - Great show but couldn't match TOS.
Knight Rider 2010 - Offered a new perspective on the One Man and his Car relationship, if a few series of it had
been produced.
Team Knight Rider - The first proper continuation of the series, but rather poor in too many departments. Main
forgiving attribute for me was the very sexy Domino.
Knight Rider 2000 - Like TKR but with fewer redeeming qualities.

I read a fair bit of Knight Rider Fanfiction and find these ones to be amongst the best I've read so far.

Beyond Loyalty - Macx. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/12978/1/
The Adventures of Cadge - Kurieo Parnok. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5236798/1/
The Adventures of Cadge, The Genie - Kurieo Parnok. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5861057/1/

I've also started one of my own, title 'The Darkest Knight' found here.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6105401/1/T ... est_Knight

My musical interest are Power Ballads, Electro-Pop and Dance.
I'm a heavy reader of the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres.

Hope to have a good time here. :) :)

Vincent

StarCars
Recruit

Post by StarCars » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:56 am

Hey everybody!
I've been online in the KR world since 2004 at the least. I'm on the registries and have been lurking here for about a
year now. I had registered back around March.. not sure what happened to that original account but I wasn't able to access it for some reason, so I had to re-register with this account. I go by "starcarz" or "michael knight" on other
message boards. I won't be able to post too often, as I'm pretty busy with local events and working on project cars,
KITT being one of them. However, I help whenever I can when it comes to sicks kids or building replica cars.
I'm on facebook too (as starcarz). So if you see me, feel free to add me as a friend! Oh and feel free to email me
with any questions you might have. I'm a public relations kind of guy. :D
Now to check other parts of the board~ 8)
:karr:
StarCars Mike
Knights Of The SouthWest
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOTSW/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Star Cars of Arizona
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StarCarsAZ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My FB page
http://www.facebook.com/StarCarsUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sand Bagin

LilaKitFan
Stranger

Kit fan for 26 years

Post by LilaKitFan » Sun May 15, 2011 3:02 am

I am 73, new to this site, and watched Knight Rider in the 80s and loved it so much my kids, then in their late teens, gave me a Knight 2000 black model of the car, and by pressing a button on the rear on what would normally be the registration plate, the car spoke to me and said all the things that Kit said on TV. My car has now stopped talking to me and I would love to find some place or person here in Australia who would repair him so he will talk again, can anybody help me please. The model of David still sits in the driver set of my car, as it is one toy I have never allowed my grandchildren to play with.

saintcar
Volunteer

Post by saintcar » Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 am

I am new to this site although have been snooping for years. I never watched KR in the 1980’s as I thought I was far too a mature teen then to watch something about a man with a talking car. Although my niece loved it and the Hoff. Got collecting movie and TV cars in about 2000 and managed to get a Universal A Team van and a Kitt, then shipped the car and van to the UK and felt I had to watch the TV series. Really enjoyed it and think the Hoff is a legend. We seem to love him here in the UK. From this site decided to go for it and get a KR GPS. Nothing but problems with Mio here in the UK with their support team trying to get my genuine USA unit to work. Then I thought enough is enough about time I contacted the people who actually know what you’re talking about. You can see my other posts on this forum. It’s a great site by the way everyone. :kitt2:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Tue May 31, 2011 5:50 pm

To all the People who just joined KR:Online-Welcome. :good: :good: :good: :good: