Changes To The Forum

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Changes To The Forum

Post by Matthew » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:02 am

Hey guys,

As I’m sure you’ll have noticed by now, the Knight Rider 2008 section of the forum is no more. You’ll now be able to find the topics from each of the KR 08 subsections in either the general discussion area, or one of the new archives.

Speaking of the new archives, you’ll now find ones dating from 2002 to 2007. This of course means that a sizable archiving process has begun, which will significantly reduce the number of dormant topics that’ll remain in the active sections.

An archive for posts dating from 2008 will also go online as we near the end of the year. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy the streamlining process that’s begun tonight. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Changes To The Forum

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:10 am

I'm sad to see KR 2008 get archived...but I can understand your motives...Good Luck and Thank You Matthew and everyone else for all of your hard work.
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 am

I was a bit sad too, but there were only a few active topics anyways, so i understand.

I also like the streamlining too, i always like to read old topics. :)

Another good idea Matthew, is to sticky this thread, (because there isnt any other sticky threads at the moment) and you can update this thread every time you make some changes to the forum.

You could also create another thread entitled: forum improvement ideas, to see what people would like to see the forum have in the future, or what they would like to change.

And congrats on becoming an Admin, I totally forgot to post on the other thread, so well done!
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 am

Thanks Crash, :)

I've re-stickied this thread for a while since the original 7 days can't have been enough for everyone to see it. I like the idea of a thread for you guys to submit ideas as well, so I'm going to put something together in the Board Dealings section later today. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm

"If your gonna go....Go with a smile...!"

just as long as the overall forum does'nt do a myspace upgrade-( which sux by the way...) takes forever to log-in let alone read/post anything....as bad as facebook too ( lame- bland)
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 am

Not a bad thing at all, it has been quite dead there anyway from what I've seen in my recent lurking... Besides that at least it reduces the number of times you get people bumping ancient topics. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I wish KR:2008 wasn't being moved to the Archive Section, but, C'est la Vie. I LOVE THIS SITE!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

DMC4EVER
Volunteer

Post by DMC4EVER » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:57 pm

May I ask what phpBB version you use here?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:44 pm

DMC4EVER wrote:May I ask what phpBB version you use here?
My hope is that it's the latest version, patching those horrid flaws that some hacker made a WYSIWYG interface to take advantage of, a couple years ago.