Hoff films music video in Downtown L.A.

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hoff films music video in Downtown L.A.

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 am

Michael Knight and KITT were reunited on the streets of L.A. today - David Hasselhoff was downtown filming a video for his new reality series coming to A&E. I think this will become either the opening credits for the new show or be a promotional video.

The day started with a rehearsal in a very hot parking lot in Chinatown. It was a little surreal; there were about 30 Baywatch lifeguards wandering around along with a German Brass Band with matching Bavarian girls, a bunch of women wearing Don't Hassle the Hoff shirts and probably a dozen Hasselhoff lookalikes. There were 4 KITTs there, provided by Paul Casey and Knights of the West Coast.

The concept of the video is that the Hoff drives up in a KITT, steps out, and gets swarmed by fans representing all the aspects of his career. Everyone breaks into dance to a medley of the Hoff's songs: Hooked on a Feeling (Ooga Chaka), Turn The Radio Up (by his daughter) and Jump Into My Car. They did a few run-throughs with just the dancers, then the Hoff showed up around 4:00 for a few rehearsals. Hasselhoff was always the showman, psyching up the dancers/extras with his typical "let's hear it for the Hoff!" bravado.

They then moved the production to Pershing Square in downtown L.A. where it was more run-through after run-through. They cut back to using only 3 KITTs instead of four, but they looked good driving down Hill Street. And seeing the Hoff flanked by his daughters and all of the other dancers... it really felt like a fun celebration of the Hoff.

We've been asked not to post video of the production, but we can share a few stills from the day. Look for the finished production soon on A&E.
hoff-video1.jpg
hoff-video1.jpg (110.1 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
hoff-video2.jpg
hoff-video2.jpg (105.17 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
hoff-video3.jpg
hoff-video3.jpg (134.49 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
hoff-video4.jpg
hoff-video4.jpg (127.58 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
I really want to thank Paul Casey for inviting us to be a part of the event and to be able to share (what we can) with everyone.

Oh and we're not done with news from Paul Casey and the Hoff for the week... More to come.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: Hoff films music video in Downtown L.A.

Post by KITT » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:34 am

thanks mike! you are hoff your rocker. can't wait to see/read more! and thanks to paul casey!
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:58 am

That black leather outfit is the same one he used in Kickin It Old Skool.
I wish I could have been there guys but at least KOTWC got to be there.

All the best guys,

Dave Doggett.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 am

Here's my shots. I'd like to add that everyone had a great time and they were very relaxed with security as long as you didn't mob Hoff for photos of autographs. Really enjoyable experience and I managed to get a quick word in with The Hoff and give him some things before he sped off in his Escalade. Thanks to Paul Casey for the heads up, Michael Pajaro for hanging out and keeping KRO updated, and for Daniel and the KOTWC for making this a fun day in LA! Lastly, thanks to Joe B for being a class act.

Thanks to Daniel of KOTWC for this fantastic quick snap with me and Hoff!

Photos weren't that easy to get but my camera has a pretty good zoom, so I did the best I could ;)

Enjoy!

=VK=
:dash:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 am

Some great pictures there and with thanks to Michael and Victor for sharing them with us! Nice to know that Victor got a few words with the Hoff (WOW). However, I can't get my head around A&E, what is it about? Since some of us are outside the US region, is there a way for us to view the footage as well?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

"A&E" is a cable television channel. It used to stand for "Arts & Entertainment" and would show upscale programming like classic movies and symphonies, but now they are more of a general all-purpose channel. They are creating a reality TV show about David and his daughters which should be airing this fall (I think).

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2 ... eries.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

A few more shots...
hoff-video5.jpg
hoff-video5.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 9763 times
Knights of the West Coast brought their KITTs to the filming: Gary Hunter, Jennifer Catano, Paul Casey and Alex Wong.
kotwc-hoffvid.jpg
kotwc-hoffvid.jpg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 9763 times
Alex and Paul downtown wearing their official Hoff wigs.
alex-paul-hoffvid.jpg
alex-paul-hoffvid.jpg (80.43 KiB) Viewed 9763 times

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:56 pm

awesome photos!!
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 pm

The cars looked great but the wigs were Hoffle, fantastic to see my friends at KOTWC
out there helping out the Hoffmiester,

:) Dave D. :kitt2: :dash: :dash4: :spmgo: :kittspin:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Here is some video from today at Comic Con, David and his gals ontop of a HASSELHOFF branded double decker and of course KITT leading the way

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-474708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;