Attack KITT sighted on Universal Backlot Tour

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Attack KITT sighted on Universal Backlot Tour

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a discovery by Randy Harmon on his recent trip to Universal Studios, Hollywood. Here's a pic he posted on Facebook that I thought was worth sharing:

Interesting that the Attack KITT from the series has now ended up in the Universal "boneyard". I guess it wasn't cool enough for them to keep somewhere safe from the weather but then they neglected the original KITT too - how sad. I guess at least there's some trace of Knight Rider left around the parks though.

=VK=
:dash:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Attack KITT sighted on Universal Backlot Tour

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 am

kinda look like he is at the part of the tour, where the back to the future, jurassic park, fast and furious cars are located
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:11 am

That would be my guess too along with the Ferarri from Magnum P.I.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am

Is that the work craft from the Serenity movie behind KITT? Only reason I thought I recognized it is because my wife is a huge Firefly fan. Can't see the movie poster so I'm not positive but can someone confirm this?
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 am

It is indeed the Mule from Serenity.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Ah someone said a while ago the Attack KITT was there,now we can it :)
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 pm

While it's good to see Attack KI3T, Where they put it is just WRONG!!! Universal needs to Remember that Knight Rider is one of their Most Popular Shows(Legacies, Actually) in that Studios History. They can do a Knight Rider ride in Japan, but not in America? COME ON UNIVERSAL!!!! Knight Rider is American!!! Do Something Here-I mean, We are nearing Knight Rider's 30th Birthday for god's sake!!!!

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:44 pm

You do know the Knight Rider ride in Japan was an April Fools joke, right...

But I agree. This franchise should be shown a little more respect than it has been shown over the last few years. At least we have the fans keeping the thing going...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:12 pm

TheShadowyFlight wrote:You do know the Knight Rider ride in Japan was an April Fools joke, right...
- Damn I'm good. hehe

=VK=

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 pm

LMAO :lol:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm

First they had the Trans Am KITT at Universal that you could sit in and talk with KITT. Then for a while, you couldn't talk to him any more but he was still prominently on display and they had the scanner going. Problem was, half the time there would be 2 or 3 dead bulbs in the scanner. I can understand if an old prop stars to show its age, but if you are going to have the scanner powered up at least make sure the lights are working. Drove me crazy. Then they got rid of that display and put a different KITT (no active scanner, no dash, dark tinted windows) tucked in a corner in the park. That was sad.

As for the Mustang on the Tram Tour, "ships are safest in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." Universal Studios is a a theme park, not a museum, and they really don't have the facilities to put cars in indoor protective displays. Given a choice between 1) boxing up KITT and only bringing him out for special occasions or 2) having him on display where thousands of people will see him every day, I say "good for them." Let people enjoy seeing KITT again.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:First they had the Trans Am KITT at Universal that you could sit in and talk with KITT. Then for a while, you couldn't talk to him any more but he was still prominently on display and they had the scanner going. Problem was, half the time there would be 2 or 3 dead bulbs in the scanner. I can understand if an old prop stars to show its age, but if you are going to have the scanner powered up at least make sure the lights are working. Drove me crazy. Then they got rid of that display and put a different KITT (no active scanner, no dash, dark tinted windows) tucked in a corner in the park. That was sad.

As for the Mustang on the Tram Tour, "ships are safest in harbor, but that's not what ships are for." Universal Studios is a a theme park, not a museum, and they really don't have the facilities to put cars in indoor protective displays. Given a choice between 1) boxing up KITT and only bringing him out for special occasions or 2) having him on display where thousands of people will see him every day, I say "good for them." Let people enjoy seeing KITT again.
- Fair enough, but why put it in a place people can't actually interact with it? Why not put the new KITT where the older KITT used to be and do something new with it? There's nothing in that space now. They put it in the Universal "boneyard" where most prop vehicles go to die on the lower lot. Universal Studios is both a theme park, museum, and a working motion picture facility. They can preserve and display movie props - how they choose to do it, is up to them I guess. I agree with you though, in the long run better seen than carted away.

=VK=

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 pm

it looks surprisingly clean which would seem to mean someone is at least watching and cleaning the exterior. I owned a few black cars and know how they can get dirty quick.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a discovery by Randy Harmon on his recent trip to Universal Studios, Hollywood. Here's a pic he posted on Facebook that I thought was worth sharing:

Interesting that the Attack KITT from the series has now ended up in the Universal "boneyard". I guess it wasn't cool enough for them to keep somewhere safe from the weather but then they neglected the original KITT too - how sad. I guess at least there's some trace of Knight Rider left around the parks though.

=VK=

I saw this pic. I am actually a friend of his and even though I was jealous I thought it was wrong.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:06 am

What a shame, I am interestet what kind a vehicle the othe is to the left side :?:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am

Josch, the answer is above, from TheShadowyFlight:

http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/MF-813_Flying_Mule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KARR32
Volunteer

Post by KARR32 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

and another very cool piece of the series is left to buy the farm from the elements, good goin universal.
"Think Of Me As The Genie In The Magic Lamp"

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the answer, I did not see that :roll: :mrgreen: :good: :oops: :lol:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

spawn
Volunteer

Post by spawn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello everyone,

A few day's ago I returned from our Honeymoon in California USA. As we live in the Netherlands it was something special for us.
On the honeymoon we went to several places including Universal studios in Los Angeles. I knew the new Kitt was standing there somewhere all I had to do was finding it...:

and so i did...

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing with us,hope you had a nice time out here in California.I feel kinda bad for Ki3t,I think the Fast and the Furious cars got better parking spots then him :(

spawn
Volunteer

Post by spawn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Actually I think he isn't in the worst place... I looked at the Charger from the Fast and the Furious and it was full of scratches, dents and it even had some garbage behind its hood.. even the Skyline had some marks from the public... Ki3t stands in a safe place with no people that can treat it like a garbage-can or a bench.
for the real fans its a bit of a shame that you can't see it reel close... you just drive by in a tram...

(but we had a great time in California, thanks for asking :wink: )

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 am

Need to keep some perspective here guys. Whilst to us Knight Rider is *important* to NBC and the vast majority of the public its that 'Cancelled series that lasted 1 season'. :wink:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

MJknight
Operative

Post by MJknight » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:46 am

He seems to be in good shape, just going by looks alone. But I do agree with the concensus that he is in the wrong place for display.

Knight Rider whether it's G1 or SG is a Franchise that is recognised the world over and the fact that Universal Studios have chosen to place KITT there as opposed to a spot where everyone would like to see him (despite what some think of the show) is just wrong.

I can only hope that once Glen is allowed to do the movie the way he sees fit through a studio that will allow him to do so- Universal will actually show the franchise and the cars a little more respect than what they are doing now.

If I'm over-reacting, then so be it. But it would be nice if the Studios would be a little more respectful considering the numbers the Franchise has done for them in the near 3 decades it's been around.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Aydann.
Rookie

Post by Aydann. » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Acleast HE can rest now ;]
One man can make a difference, Michael.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 am

if they let it go like the others,they might as well sale it to a museum....like "Lemay auto museum" :good: ...tleast it will be well taken care of!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"