Knight Rider: The Fan Game

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rainack
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider: The Fan Game

Post by Rainack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am

Don't forget, this is something they are doing in their spare time, around regular full time jobs. I'm sure they're working on it as much as they can, and as quickly as they can.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Superman111994
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Superman111994 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:35 pm

... i hope this project didn't die.

:kitt: :kittconv2:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:27 am

I'm sure the project didn't die. To make something like this takes a long time, especially if it's done in their spare time. Although we're super excited about this, we got to have patience. However... I can smell (not literally) an update coming soon... :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:38 pm

I just want to say, fantastic job on this so far, and I cannot WAIT until it is completed. I'll definitely be playing it. You've done a beautiful job on the renderings, and I'm betting the controls will be great as well.

LCBenson
Recruit

Post by LCBenson » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:41 pm

Ahh, what is it?! The pic and the URL didn't work for me. :cry: What's it like??? O_o
If I am destroyed, so shall you be.

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm

iKITT wrote:I just want to say, fantastic job on this so far, and I cannot WAIT until it is completed. I'll definitely be playing it. You've done a beautiful job on the renderings, and I'm betting the controls will be great as well.
I agree. I hope I don't sound all "GIMME GIMME GIMME!," but is there a chance that we could possibly might be maybe getting some kind of controller support? i like to play driving / adventure / action style games with an xbox360 controller, seems more realistic to me for some odd reason.

:kittconv2:

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:41 pm

So anything new?
Is there something to translate yet? *really want to help*
Knight Rider 4 ever!!!!!!!

Sry for my english, im from Germany.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 am

Hey guys, small update but a really big update, we are almost done with the entire game environment and its HUGE. Right now the city is 300 meters by 300 meters, the industrial zone is 300X300, and the desert is 500X500, and then we have a portion of the game that's canyons and its about 200 meters X 200 meters. To me this is a huge environment. Not to mention it took us all this time to lay it out and get it modeled perfectly transitioning. I'll be posting pictures soon. Just hang in there with us this is a huge project for just 3 guys lol.

We are using world streaming and UniLOD which will allow us to have this HUGE environment and no loading times like the older GTA games. Our game engine is using Umbra and Beast which are $25,000 third party middle-ware for occulison culling and light mapping. If you have no idea what I just said there, I'm saying this game should run great on older machines lol.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:28 pm

EPIC!!! THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST THING (for me) SINCE I FIRST FOUND OUT ABOUT KNIGHT RIDER!!!

:kittconv2:

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:50 pm

It sounds awesome!! But i have a question: will the cars have good Reflections, like ENB series does in GTA? Not that my graphics card us so good.
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Hooooray a update :D
Nice what you guys did, still have one question: anything to translate yet,
please dont tell me everything is already translated.......

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 am

I'm glad the game is still making progress. After recently playing the two games on the ps2, im glad an attempt is being made to bring a proper knight rider game. :)

Just a thought i had, since there is only three of you doing the game in your spare time, what about if you get some people to help you with, sound effects, music (including a remix of the theme?), the menu screen, the introduction, maybe boxart, stuff like that? Something that someone could do quite well, while yous keep going on the programming side of things to do with the game :) Just a thought :)
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 am

Are you volunteering? There aren't many serious dedicated people out there willing to work their free time on a project of this size that offers nothing in return. Sure I get offers for help but usually it ends up with "wow really? You actually want me to do something and contribute?? I just thought maybe I could put in some input and get all the credit for helping or something!". And I'm not saying this to be mean but that's what its been so far and then everyone is wondering what is taking so long for us to build a game from scratch lol.

I'm completely open to bringing is some talent to help out! Let em know we are looking lol.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 am

Im sorry to disappoint that the only thing i can do well is intros, so if you have cutscenes and clips from gameplay that you need editing into a introduction, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8WGdk80fLI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or like a montage of clips from the game either on the menu, or if the player doesn't move the mouse for a while, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTzprv0ubvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . So if you need someone who could do that for you, then im your man.

Everything else im sorry, im not so good at. What i was meaning by my post, is we have a full community of knight rider fans who some have some good talents who could help with the game. Examples:
> Neil could make a website for it either as a separate website or a part of KRO.
> There are many people who create really good remakes of the knight rider theme, like darkExodius (and his many remix themes such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeu827QIxt8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and DJSawBlade (like his remix theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtzrDqNYd8g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on youtube and many others, to make a unique theme for your game.
> Weezel on this forum with his photoshopping skills to make, and many others.

People like that and many others, can really help with the game, without disturbing you with the programming side of things. :)

Hope that helps. Ask away if you want anything clearing up!

- Crashb648
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I would like to help too, but i wouldn't know with what. Because I'm kind of a noob when it comes to programming and stuff. Maybe I could/can translate something from English to Dutch..?
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I would like to help too. I can provide voices for the game if you like, I am able to do a variety of voices ( KARR, something like a friendly AI along the lines of KITT, British accents, Southern US accents, Posh - Rude, Eastern European, Western European etc. etc.). I would be happy to provide my voice if you like, please send me a PM if you want to hear some samples.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'll be honest. I'm VERY thankful when released it will be free. But I don't buy games often as I'm not a gamer. (Musician more) But I'd pay fro a KR Game like this. Great work to all who put their time into this.
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I agree with xmguy... except for the "not being a gamer"... cause I am...

I think that its great that this is gonna be free, but I think you guys could really make some serious $$$!

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 pm

To: Superman111994

I play PC games. Just not that often. I'm a fan of the GTA games. I really enjoyed the KR game that was out a few years back. I also bought a Stargate game a few months back. As I said I prefer other things to gaming. But still I'd really enjoy a KR game like this.
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

KI4T
Rookie

Post by KI4T » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:01 am

I also could help,
Maybe with some sort of Graphics (but dnt expect that it looks realistic, maybe i could do loadingscreens or some sort of that, my work looks comic like), or In Game music,
i can make some eeeerrrr lets say i can make music that doesent sound that bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMbVEhbedck
You don't have to give credit, i think noone will read all the names and i just want to help you guys :D
Oh and how said, translating to german :D

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 am

Hy Ken !

I'm still ready to translate it in french !

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:41 pm

MSken,If you're interested I can help with beta testing.I've beta tested for my companies current software,set meetings with the programmers,nitpicked,offered critique and suggestions to improve the current build.I practically locked myself in an office for a month with no contact and a binder full of notes to test and retest each build.

I can also do voice work.I think I can do both Karr and Garth Knight pretty well.I work at a call center where I hear all sorts of voices from all around the U.S. I can imitate many of them right back at callers.I have a fun workday :)

I have been playing every gta game to date.I love moding games with code,scripts, making it alot more of a kr experience.I've been playing games for about 18 years now on 6 of the latest consoles.

I'm willing to donate as much time as you need to help get the project moving.

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi guys, first of all, I'm glad that you shared the update! It sounds amazing! :good: Now, I have a question: we have a new iMac, and I hope the game will also work on it? If you need to know tech. specs. or something, i'll look for them. ;)

Superman111994
Rookie

Post by Superman111994 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm

He told us earlier... ( i remember because I just got a new comp and could finally play GTAIV...) and he said that the game will not be for low end computers... but it wont be nearly as high end as GTAIV... so If you can run that... then you can run this...

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Would this game run on my PCs, Both Dell

Specs for Desktop :

2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo

2 GB's RAM

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Dell 17" widescreen HD monitor.

250 GB HDD