Foundation money/funds question...

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Milo
Recruit

Foundation money/funds question...

Post by Milo » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am

in the begining of knightrider 1st season we see the big mansion, all the people working on kitt, getting him ready etc.. then he gets rebuilt in the second season by scientets
in season 3 bonnie repairs him, before she gets kidnaped,
but buy season 4 a group of young kids rebuild kitt...
how do they do that with a car like kitt?

also , throuh out the series Michael is always asking money for this and that, and Devon was always told to sit down or Micheal didnt like asking ,.
but it seemed like towards the end of the show , the foundations,or Flags, money seemed to run out or what ever, am I wrong in thinking this?? :?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Foundation money/funds question...

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 pm

That's always bugged me how kids rebuilt K.I.T.T. after all those other destructions where scientists rebuilt him. I would say that the mechanics were able to do it because they had existing parts to work with and more or less worked on the basic car functions (axles, pounding out dents, sanding the car down, etc.). In "Junk Yard Dog," for example, K.I.T.T. had to virtually be re-created. Later on, after "Knight Of the Juggernaut," the Molecular Bonded Shell was applied and all of K.I.T.T.'s other functions were repaired or reinstalled.

I don't think the Foundation ever had monetary problems. Wilton Knight was a billionare who had many successful branches of his company. Devon was also able to approve the funding for the reconstruction of K.I.T.T. several times. And if you want to count Knight Rider 2000 as canon, Devon even says there that money isn't the problem. I think it's just that Devon was a conservative spender.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 am

thanks for that, the other thing is wasnt there a jennifer knight, that came in in the later seasons?
i cant really remember , think she had something to do with the board of flag or something??

KITT 3000
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by KITT 3000 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 am

Jennifer Knight was Wilton Knight's daughter. She was on the Board of Directors of the Knight Foundation. She was only in the episode Knight of the Juggernaut where they placed Michael on suspension pending Devon's input regarding FLAG. She was never mentioned prior to or after those episodes.