is there a knight rider alarm system?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Bobby_80s
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

is there a knight rider alarm system?

Post by Bobby_80s » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 pm

hey guys just think it would be neat if there was an alarm system that connected to the front scanner and had kitt talk if someone got too close like somekind of motion sensor.

probably would cause too much attention to the car when your not around.

but i think it would be very neat for car shows.

has any system ever been made or could be done fairly easily?

2knight
Rookie

Re: is there a knight rider alarm system?

Post by 2knight » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am

I had the scanner on my KI2T hooked up to come on with the alarm. Most aftermarket alarms have a wire that can be hooked up to a relay to flash the lights or honk the horn when the alarm is turn on or off and when it is set off. I added a timing circuit that kept the scanner on constantly (instead of turning on and off) for about a minute after any of these events took place. I also know that some alarm systems have the option of a perimeter alarm that activates a warning when someone gets too close to the car. So conceivably you could have the scanner come on when that warning is activated, though you'd still probably need a timer in the circuit since most of these warnings are either a chirp, honk, or quick flash of the lights. I even remember seeing once at a car show an alarm system that actually said "Please step away from the vehicle" when someone got too close. That would be really fun in conjunction with the scanner coming on.

I have also heard of someone adding a motion sensor used for porch lights into the circuit to turn on their scanner when someone walked by, but I've not seen how this was wired or tried this myself.

Right now KI2T is sitting waiting for me to have the extra money to get a new engine. Hopefully within the next year after I pay off a loan, and can take out another to put into the car. In the meantime, I'm working on KI3T since that's the primary car I'm driving now. When I get to the point of adding a scanner to KI3T, I have been thinking of looking into the idea of adding a motion sensor to activate the scanner, but that's probably later down the line since I'm focusing on getting the carputer system active first.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Tiger Warrior » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 am

Now that you mention it, I have a custom alarm system installed on my Mustang (Shadow KARR). I got videos of thecar and the alarm in action. I will post a link later on and after work. More to follow...

:karr:

FOTORDR
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by FOTORDR » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:37 am

Let me say there is one person that has being able to make this knight rider alarm a dream come true. I am sure he most be in this forum but I don't know his screen name but check the link of his alarm

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=1 ... 1922365424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just copy and past in your browser.

I have send him notes about how he made this possible and still not reply I hope he can either sell the technology or hopefully share with us how to make it possible for us.
If anybody knows about alarms perhaps can give us some hints.
THE FOTO RIDER