THE PERFECT KITT!!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dukeboy320
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

THE PERFECT KITT!!

Post by Dukeboy320 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:08 pm

JUST USE THIS FOR THE MOVIE!!!!!!!! :roll:
Attachments
1982-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg
1982-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 47312 times

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: THE PERFECT KITT!!

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:49 am

Yes! Nothing helps funding big action summer flicks like promoting 1980s cars!

That aside, the damn thing's still all pretty, though.

TheGunheart
Volunteer

Post by TheGunheart » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 am

Indeed. Maybe I've turned into a crazed fanboy, but the Firebird/Trans Am in its second, third and forth generations have pretty much become my favorite "non-crazy expensive foreign" car. I guess it's the way the headlights are done.

GTAKITT
Rookie

Post by GTAKITT » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 am

This car will work for the movie.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 am

It will not work for the movie. maybe as a start for story goals. but we need something like it. something that will show the future of cars in a way Image :kitt:

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 am

Well, I have here 4 concepts for kitt, but important to mention: They are not Trans Ams! They just look like!
Enjoy my K.I.T.T. movie concepts:

:D Hope you like it!
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Sorry but I have to say the Mustang suits KITT perfectly but i doubt it will be in the film if it is ever made. They should use the original trans am because the only cars that suit KITT are the T/A and the GT500KR

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Neither will be used in the motion picture. While fans may like one, the other, or both In our modern day these cars have already been used for K.I.T.T. and Knight Rider should remain about indviduality as well as the many other things that make Knight Rider inspiring and memorable. To remain unique is to introduce new things or perspectives to famillar subjects.

=VK=
:dash:

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 pm

You know what I think would've made (or would make) a great KITT?
The Challenger.
It's a new car, and it looks totally retro.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:22 am

TBH, KITT shouldn't really look retro, the car should look futuristic, not something inspired from a 30+ year old design. It still bugs me a bit that the series did that (though we know why) but I just play it off in my head that Charles like it and had a thing for Mustangs. I'm sure whatever car is chosen for the film, it'll look cool and be a more realistic successor to the Trans-Am design of the original series since they won't have the same issues holding them back.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

NN11
Operative

Post by NN11 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:25 am

how about this
i photoshoped a mustang from kr2008 pilot and made it like this
kittam3rcfgadicalasu.jpg
kittam3rcfgadicalasu.jpg (47.28 KiB) Viewed 44891 times

Latetzki
Stranger

Post by Latetzki » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Original KITT is the best....It sure would be something special, but it's just so amazing looking car.

Knightphoenix1
Recruit

Post by Knightphoenix1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Hey there name's Matt Knight
I'm new to the board but a fan of Knight Rider sence I was 3 years old. I have my own KITT he's being painted right now. I agree that the 1982 Pontiac Trans Am recaro edition was the perfect KITT. That's why I am in the process of making my own fan film. I'm haveing some trouble with it on account this is the 5th one I've writen. I thought I would ask what kind of threat should there be to bring back the old KITT?

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:47 am

for a perfect mustang version of KI2T, take a look at my site: http://flag2.weebly.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has pics of my KI2T concept that I want to have built once I win the lottery and get a license....

Knighttime
Volunteer

Post by Knighttime » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:04 am

:D I remember when I first saw Knight Rider. I thought the Trans-Am seemed quite exotic because it looked unconventional and futuristic compared to the everyday streetcars it drove by - I didn't even know it was even a production car at the time, certainly there were none where I lived! Surely destiny was on Mr Larson's side with that one, it was the prefect vehicle for the vision and was restyled fittingly to play the future car. I think it would be boring if a new Kitt looked too much like an everyday car - this is the movies, he can afford to look a bit more different than he could get away with in real life, but still be more-or-less believable - that's artistic license, I believe.

I found KI3T more conventional than KI2T in some ways: partly the design, Mustang being a good modern-but-retro take, but not so relatively futuristic for the era - taking the car itself (sans transformation, etc) there wasn't the presence of a futuristic dash, or any constant indicator of its speciality really other than the red light, and possibly the interior screen etc - yet in that, KI2T's futuristic dash would have had a lot more impact in the 1980s, when that sort of gadgetry (computer technology) wasn't at all commonplace in cars, wheras now you can watch Pimp my Ride and see all manner of screens and computers in a car. They clearly didn't worry too much about KI2T's subtety in 1982. So to me, KI3T didn't quite have the same 'je ne sais quoi' so to speak - it was nothing new, though it was a fine and fitting machine nonetheless for the character of this particular series. As for TKR, I was confused when I first saw it. The vehicles seemed very standard, and the voices somewhat detached. I didn't 'believe' it, if you like. The original Kitt also had the mystique of being unbadged - not once do you see an obvious Pontiac or Firebird logo, a much more subtle approach.

So for a new Kitt to work on the audience in original Knight Rider fashion, its a tricky one. For a great movie, a current car of today with only subtle mods might not cut it, at least not with the same sharp edge of the original. You're also contending with the fact the concept has been used several times already, and even a fresh audience will have high expectation of a 'future car' and need something to engage them differently after being brought up on modified car shows and films like the Fast and the Furious. Its clear that KI3T was designed to appeal to that audience, and with the tranformers reference too, but doesn't really assert itself as much different/unique in the same way the original Kitt and Knight Rider did with the then audience.

Perhaps then it also depends on the story having the creative license to sustain it. In a technologically sophisticated world, something with quite a daring futuristic principle beneath the skin, in a sense, could be needed - look at some of the more forward-thinking hypothetical tales of A.I. and artificial organisms, the ones based around synthetic life, albeit humanoid - the styling of the 'vehicle' might not be the whole crux of the issue, though could help to make or break it.

To design a new Knight Rider, in the opinion a car/fx designer whose first inspiration was the tv show with the futuristic talking car, it would be like a holy grail - I hope whoever has this task has the perspicacity to hit the nail on the head and the context is also intelligent and imaginative enough to support it. It is a more complicated brief than some in the respect that it holds a lot of different hopes and ideas and expectations to be fulfilled. I am sure Knight Rider hasn't run its course. For something with so much potential, it would be a shame to see it unable to push forward with the still-inspiring idea of human and A.I. vehicular companion - its our present day Western duo, the original being a show for kids and adults alike with its action and adventure, mystery and sci-fi magic, friendship and moral fibre. For movies, even if the result requires more subtlety than a batmobile, you can design far more imaginatively than the auto industry usually allows and a good fx shop will reskin a frame into anything - I'm not sure there is currently the perfect production car that says 'Kitt' and wouldn't seem an imitation or compromise, but I am sure that there is the potential for something brilliant and original whatever the constraints

:dash4:
"Now is the winter of my discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York"

LONG LIVE THE KITT

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

As there just isn't modern car which "says KITT" I think the original '82 T/A is the best choice. There's been other tv-series made to movies like Dukes of Hazzard utilizing the original car so why '82 Trans-Am would not work as KITT today? KITT's most well known form is 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am.
What if they've used some other car for Dukes of Hazzard movie or would make lets say Smokey & Bandit 4 using something else than Pontiac Trans-Am as the main characters car?
In Miami Vice movie they used modern day Ferrari for the main character but it didn't help the movie either.

KITT is one of a kind, that one happens to be built in '82 Trans-Am body.

Knighttime
Volunteer

Post by Knighttime » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 pm

KITTfan wrote:As there just isn't modern car which "says KITT" I think the original '82 T/A is the best choice. There's been other tv-series made to movies like Dukes of Hazzard utilizing the original car so why '82 Trans-Am would not work as KITT today? KITT's most well known form is 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am.
What if they've used some other car for Dukes of Hazzard movie or would make lets say Smokey & Bandit 4 using something else than Pontiac Trans-Am as the main characters car?
In Miami Vice movie they used modern day Ferrari for the main character but it didn't help the movie either.

KITT is one of a kind, that one happens to be built in '82 Trans-Am body.
I know :) I'm such a fanboy with the original most of the time.... but its the potential 'new Kitt or no Kitt' scenario gets you thinking. Alright, just say, for arguments sake (as with everything!) if it really had to not be the exact original, but the brief was to make it essentially the same (take the new Mustang designed with respect to the old), one could use the 82 Trans am and just transition it from 1982 to 2010/12/14/16....after all Kitt did evolve slightly during the 4 series... There are newer firebirds but working from the '82 'Kitt' model as a direct basis would ensure the look and feel of Kitt, and also do the best possible for the 'new' audience.

I depends what sort of film they're making really...
"Now is the winter of my discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York"

LONG LIVE THE KITT

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:21 pm

The perfect KITT exists in our collective imaginations. Will whatever comes out in the motion picture meet all of our expectations? Probably not. You can't please 100% all the time. If KITT was to retain his iconic 1982 TA shell, then how would one update the interior to reflect over 30 years of advancement? Not just that, but if in fact the movie is a retcon, then how would a 30 year old design fit into this? I think the A Team movie can getaway with using a similar GMC van since the van itself wasn't really a character in the series. Was there ever any explanation to why BA drove such a flashy van? That's more an A-Team question, which I don't profess to know a lot about.

BTW, I don't think there should be any mention of the original version design in the movie. Because then people will get confused and think that there is some connection to the original series or spin-offs, when clearly none of that happened in the new version's time line. You could show David Hasselhoff on TV in Baywatch as a cameo...LOL!