What could have been in season 2: from Propmaster Steve

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What could have been in season 2: from Propmaster Steve

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Sue and I met up with "Knight Rider Archivist" AJ Palmgren and had lunch with Steve Whiteside. Steve was a prop-master on both the original series and the 2008 show and is a great story-teller with tales of his experiences on the set.

Here are some of the things he told us about what they wanted to do if the new series had a second season:

The Semi would have come back. They were going to get rid of the CDC and just have a mobile command center. The series would become more of a "road show". When they were filming the last scene of "Exit Light, Enter Knight", with the reunited family saying goodbye in front of the hospital, they had the last-minute idea (I think it came from Steve) to have a black semi trailer parked in the background. It would have been a little teaser of what was to come. But they couldn't get a truck quickly enough.

Graiman would return. The plane crashed, they never found the body, and "the Devon character" would be back in season two.

KITT would get a new license plate: 82KR209. 82 for the year of the original series, KR for Knight Rider, 209 for the year 2009. Or in the context of the show, the year of the first KITT and "Knight Research". In 2010, the plate would be updated to 82KR210. And so on.

Maybe they should have put Steve in charge of the show: originally, KARR was just going to be a robot, but they later decided to turn him into a Mustang. Steve argued with the writers that KARR should have
turned into a Trans Am. I don't know if Ford or Pontiac would have allowed it, but it would have been awesome.

My general impression is that Steve felt that the new series missed the mark with the early episodes, improved a lot with the reboot and would have been even better with the direction they wanted with season two. A shame we didn't get to see it.

A Goliath-Sized thank you to Steve for sharing his stories with us, and to AJ for setting up the meeting while he was visiting L.A.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Re: What could have been in season 2: from Propmaster Steve

Post by Slade » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Thats awesome to hear all that stuff :o ,now I wish we had a season 2 even more :( .
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Mike, yeah, instead we get the Jay Leno show...oh wait, that's done as of tonight. It's all in the timing...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Awesome! Great to hear all of that. It's a shame it never happened...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aydann.
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Aydann. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:28 am

Season 2 sounds awesome!
I'm going to keep my hopes up that some time soon they bring Knight Rider Season 2 to life!
One man can make a difference, Michael.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Didn't someone report or even told us that NBC never canceled KR? Or did I hear that wrong? I feel that KR just was on a wrong day. They could of had a better rating if we would of been on a different day. Wednesday are bad for some people. Move KR to a different day and bring it back.
Always keep Knight Rider in your heart and soul and it will live on forever.

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Man...I know Season 2 is never coming, but it sure as hell would be exciting if it did based on the information in this post!
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 pm

juliec30 wrote:Didn't someone report or even told us that NBC never canceled KR? Or did I hear that wrong? I feel that KR just was on a wrong day. They could of had a better rating if we would of been on a different day. Wednesday are bad for some people. Move KR to a different day and bring it back.
A lot of people were spreading rumors that the show was dead long before it was. Many positive people on the cast and crew tried to counteract the bad press and rummors with positive messages on KRO and elsewhere but in the end it became a self-fulfilling prophecy and NBC shelved the show.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 pm

So it wasn't NBC fault that we didn't get a 2nd season? Or was it their fault?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:46 pm

juliec30 wrote:So it wasn't NBC fault that we didn't get a 2nd season? Or was it their fault?
It was NBC's decision, as to where the blame lies, that is up for debate over in this thread
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 am

So we could get one since now that Jay Leno going back to late night and NBC bring back some shows that they took off. So we still might maybe get it back.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 am

With ratings actually improving toward the end of the first season, NBC are absolutely crazy to not re-new it for another season!

EVERY tv show has to find it's "footing" with a first season and I believe KR would have settled into a "groove" with season 2.

The problem with NBC is that they lack patience.

They were in the right track toward the end of the season with the ratings going up (even beating LOST twice).
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

juliec30
Rookie

Post by juliec30 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 am

I think they should of made KR better and make sure they were doing things right at the being to keep it together.