Enough Said!

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

AnOutLaw
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Enough Said!

Post by AnOutLaw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:08 pm

First of all, I would like to stress that I am very, very, very disappointed with some of the supposedly K.I.T.T. successor cars suggested at this forum.

Seriously guys, some of the cars suggested are not even worthy of being in a film or movie, let alone a K.I.T.T. successor. :roll:

Nonetheless I believe that a certain K.I.T.T. car ought to be strictly custom-made. If not custom-made, then any other car than this car simple won't do. ----->

What do you guys think?

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Enough Said!

Post by chrisjones » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Excuse me!? You are who exactly to belittle the suggestions made by other forum users?
If you had any idea about how a movie is produced you really wouldn't have suggested a ferrari as a suitable car for a knight rider production.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:32 pm

chrisjones wrote:Excuse me!? You are who exactly to belittle the suggestions made by other forum users?
If you had any idea about how a movie is produced you really wouldn't have suggested a ferrari as a suitable car for a knight rider production.
I agree, poor choice of car. KITT is meant to look like any normal car, not stand out like that thing does.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AnOutLaw
Stranger

Post by AnOutLaw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:40 pm

chrisjones wrote:Excuse me!? You are who exactly to belittle the suggestions made by other forum users?
Are you having a bloody laugh? :?:

Here we have it, no bloody Ferrari here. :roll:

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions as to what car would make a cool K.I.T.T. Plus, in most cases, custom-made cars built from Ferrari bases are going to be entirely impractical. You know how much those cost (I'll assume you do)? You gotta think about not only starting price for multiple cars (show cars, stunt cars, cars meant to be destroyed,etc.) but other factors like customization. If they blew the entire budget for the movie on getting the car you've suggested, the movie would be like KR08 with little action, CGI spam, and cheesy acting which would lead to theatrical failure. In no way am I saying the car you've suggested sucks though. It's just by no means practical.

Then there's the whole bit where K.I.T.T. should look like a regular production-model car. TOS: production model with mods. KR08: Production model with mods. TKR: Production models with mods. Getting the drift here?
Last edited by iKITT on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AnOutLaw
Stranger

Post by AnOutLaw » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Skav wrote:
I agree, poor choice of car. KITT is meant to look like any normal car, not stand out like that thing does.
I dare you to list any car that surpass this one right here, go head. Duh!
iKITT wrote:Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions as to what car would make a cool K.I.T.T. Plus, in most cases, custom-made cars built from Ferrari bases are going to be entirely impractical. You know how much those cost (I'll assume you do)? You gotta think about not only starting price for multiple cars (show cars, stunt cars, cars meant to be destroyed,etc.) but other factors like customization. If they blew the entire budget for the movie on getting the car you've suggested, the movie would be like KR08 with little action, CGI spam, and cheesy acting which would lead to theatrical failure. In no way am I saying the car you've suggested sucks though. It's just by no means practical.

Then there's the whole bit where K.I.T.T. should look like a regular production-model car. TOS: production model with mods. KR08: Production model with mods. TKR: Production models with mods. Getting the drift here? Please stop trolling and spamming just because you think your opinion is better/more valid than anyone else's. Why not instead have a good argument as to why this car should be the next successor, hmm? Then maybe we'd take you a touch more seriously.
Yeah, I guess you're right about the expenses, etc.......

iKITT
Recruit

Post by iKITT » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Now you're starting to see our argument. If you still feel that this car is valid, make a good argument as to why. Don't just post "it's the greatest! Nothing is better!" Tell us why. You wouldn't get completely shot down if you did.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:16 am

AnOutLaw,

I feel the need to point out that I find your attitude towards those who’ve disagreed with you to be abrasive, and unnecessarily hostile. You’ll find us to be a pretty forgiving bunch though, so I hope you’ll make amends for your poor first impression, and start afresh from your next post onwards.

Also, it must be noted that posting the same image a number of times in one thread isn’t necessary. The same can be said of posting several times in the space of a few minutes as well, as addressing each post at the same time is just as easy. As such, I’ve edited several of your posts together, and removed the superfluous images.

Now, moving onto the subject at hand, I have to say that high end European exotics of any type are an absolute no-no. None of the truly knowledgeable fans would ever make such a suggestion, unless it was in jest, as the Knight 2000 is a car that needs to blend into the background until you truly focus on it.

As such, KITT’s body must be a car that doesn’t garner unwanted attention within its native environment, which is something a Ferrari could never achieve due to the marque’s world renowned pedigree.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:11 am

AnOutLaw wrote:First of all, I would like to stress that I am very, very, very disappointed with some of the supposedly K.I.T.T. successor cars suggested at this forum.

Seriously guys, some of the cars suggested are not even worthy of being in a film or movie, let alone a K.I.T.T. successor. :roll:

Nonetheless I believe that a certain K.I.T.T. car ought to be strictly custom-made. If not custom-made, then any other car than this car simple won't do. ----->

What do you guys think?

What is that lol

Kitt is a muscle car kitt needs to a 2010 Mustang or the 2002 trans am

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 am

Dude that's a Ferrari concept car! Can you not see the prancing horse logo!?!? There's no chance an Italian car would be used for knight rider, period!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 am

Regardless of the OPs attitude its possible we are been a little over sensative here, I know TKR is looked down on by many KR fans but KRO looked pretty impressive and that was a Ferrari wasn't it? (I am willing to stand corrected its been a while since i've seen TKR)

Maybe to have a future we need to think outside the box a little, lets face it if you ask the general public about KR there discription of KITT would probably be something along the lines of "Oh yeah the Talking Car with the red light on the front". Surely if the next stage is a big budget movie then the funds would be there, the Bond movies use expensive cars all the time and appeae to trash them all the time.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 am

Yes, well, far be it for me to harp on anyone's idea about what kitt's body, but I do agree with everyone else outlaw, a ferrari is too noticable, and as such; will do kr an injustice in terms of looks.

Now, a ferrari as an black river group's executive's car, I can see; but not as kitt or any other knight industries ai other than a newer upgraded version of the Knight Reformulation One from Team Knight Rider.

Now, if KITT (Knight 2000) were rebuilt as an 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, here is how I imagine that he'd look Image

This image is an redress of an manipulation someone here on the boards made, but I added my own touches to make him more like his old body while using current pieces to update him as well.

To whoever posted the original image, please forgive my not asking, but I was entranced by your design and just had to add some pieces to make him look more the old series look.

AnOutLaw
Stranger

Post by AnOutLaw » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:23 pm

l.) Picture removed due to already being posted

ll.) Image

It appears to me as if all you tools are content with having car number ll as a K.I.T.T. successor rather than the one that I suggested, correct?

Allow me to laugh....

I though the question was, (the potential worthy K.I.T.T. successor ) and not whether or not It's a @&^# (Ferrari as a manufacturer or KIA Motors).

I for one cannot see any reasons as to why this specific car cannot be custom-made to a new K.I.T.T., or be it any other superbly looking car for that matter. By custom-made, (I mean removing the petty Ferrari logo i.e. etc...)

My finale conclusion being, (you tools are vehemently dunce, thus I want nothing to with you tools.) So, delete this tread of mine and account, doing so at earliest opportunity.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I’m afraid that we don’t delete memberships and threads at the request of members who are abusive towards us. However, given your behaviour, you will be having nothing more to do with this community, as your account has been suspended indefinitely.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:43 am

why not just let Mr Larson decied whats best for kitt, i mean he did creat the show!

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am

Hey

I want to say that this guy there has not even a chance to come with his Ferrari Stuff. Not because he wants his dream done, its because the company is realy not a 100 % interestet in stuff like Knight Rider. Even Team Knight Riders KRO was not a real Ferri he was a replica, and I remember that Ferrari was not very happy about it to be with a show like this. We will, and thats for sure, get a custom job. Everyting else is complete out of the line... Create Knight Rider new, create the car new. Thats the deal and I am sure Larson knows what he is doing... so, that was Enough Said! :mrgreen: :good: :P
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:02 am

I kinda dig the Ferrari....
I think I can say with near $100% accuracy that the movie KITT won't be a Mustang or a 2002 Trans Am. To think so, is just silly...
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 pm

I think I can say with near $100% accuracy that the movie KITT won't be a Mustang or a 2002 Trans Am. To think so, is just silly...
And expenisve for the making in the movie :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

Kitt_24
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kitt_24 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Knight Racer photoshop picture.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like (Knight Racer) kitt car would look good for the movie.
The Ferrari looks like something they would use in the batman movie.

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Post by krrdr2010 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:39 pm

They All Look COOL!!!! :kitt: :kittside: :kittconv: :karr: :kitt2: :dash: :dash4:

ps200sx
Stranger

Post by ps200sx » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Now this is what i imagine the new KITT to look like, very very nice Kal-el4.

It makes perfect sense.

To me KITT has got to be something that is in production and does not stand out too much.
KITT has got to be stealthy, he has got to blend into his surroundings without being instantly recognisable as the car of the future or any kind of supercar. At a quick glance anyway.

Think back to the pilot of the original series or infact alot of episodes mainly in the first season, KITT is referred to as simply "A Black T-Top" by people who dont know what he is.
It was only ever if KITT done something amazing like for example drive through a wall or a truck trailer that people's mouths opened in surprise and shock. Before they moments villans simply thought Michael was driving a regular everyday black Trans Am.

It was this that made me love KITT when i was young.
To me as a child in my mind my dads old SAAB would be KITT, looked regular and normal but what people diddent know is it could drive itself, jump things and crash through walls......this diddent actually happen but a childs imagination is a powerfull thing!

The new Camaro as the new KITT...hmm i thought about this a while back it would be the natural choice.
I can see what the 2008 TV series was thinking with their idea of KITT by choosing the Mustang.
I think they were going down the right track but for me it did not work.
Sure as a car it looked great but it was far too muscular and aggressive looking to be KITT in my eyes.

Out of the whole movie that is going to be "Hopefully" made i feel choosing the right car for KITT is going to be one of the biggest problems they are going to face.
They are going to want to give the old fans something that reminds them of the original tv series and the original KITT but also draw in new young fans.
I would love to see the original Trans Am as KITT just as most people here would but as this is planned on being a modern day remake a 80's Trans Am just wouldent look right. Remember the Trans Am was a brand new car when the pilot was made.

Problem is Pontiac is no more the closest thing we have is the Camaro now, which technically if Pontiac was still around would end up being the new "offical" Trans Am anyway.

Ive seen a few renderings of new Camaros as KITT with scanners stuck up in the hood vent, it just dont look right.
The grill and headlights below the scanner just dont scream KITT to me, just as the Mustang diddent.

This rendering is the best example ive seen so far of a potential new KItt, it is new and modern while retaining the original KITT's steathy sleek appearence without being too in your face.

Lets hope the creators of any upcoming Knight Rider production see this image and take note.

Nice work.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:13 am

thank you for your compliment on my manipulation, Ps200sx, I appreciate it. Sorry I haven't been able to post a reply before now, it's because I have been busy finalizing my design of an Mustang Knight 2000; as these pages: http://flag2.weebly.com/my-ki2t-concepts-exterior.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://flag2.weebly.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; represent nearly two years of research to get the design right, and the story I was writing, needed to be finished.

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 am

Kal-el4 wrote:thank you for your compliment on my manipulation, Ps200sx, I appreciate it. Sorry I haven't been able to post a reply before now, it's because I have been busy finalizing my design of an Mustang Knight 2000; as these pages: http://flag2.weebly.com/my-ki2t-concepts-exterior.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://flag2.weebly.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; represent nearly two years of research to get the design right, and the story I was writing, needed to be finished.

Im really excited to see what you are doing with your Mustang replica.Great work.PLease keep us posted.After you finish your car was you going to sell any of the parts you created or are you just making it for your car.I ask because I really like your idea of creating a Mustang with a interior more resembling the original KITT's.Best of luck with your car.You better post some pics after you get that bad boy done. :good:

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:47 pm

right now Kevin, this is just the finalized concept design, in order for me to make this KITT a reality, I will need to win the lottery first, then get a license....

KevinD
Volunteer

Post by KevinD » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Thats cool bro.From your posts I thought you were in the process of building your replica.Dont give up on the dream.If you want it bad enough you can make it happen. :karr: :kitt: